Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Milli Vanilli-like blind item

GoldDust, you get an A+ for your research! Applause!

Get well soon!

Michelle Branch seems to be the best guess. My first guess (Asslee) was...peabrained, mainly because I didn't read the entire thing. Also, I've seen Norah Jones live a couple of times, and she was great---not very exciting, but her voice was great and spot-on. Being in the industry, I hear nothing but excellent things about Ms. Jones, and she works very very hard. I don't think she fits this profile at all. She's not really in it for the fame or money at all, from what I hear.

Michelle Branch has never struck me as being really that spectacular. Or genuine.

But would anyone really care if it was Michelle Branch? Most people I know don't even know who she is. Her singing voice isn't anything to brag about, either

mya came out around 1998, 1999. So no.
    Good evidence..but I don't see michelle branch at all..unless they really altered the other person's voice..good guess though.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

I really like Norah Jones for this. Shania Twain would also be a good one.

Could you imagine the sensation/shock it would cause if it was found out to be either one of these two??

OOooooh Shania Twain is a good guess!!!!

Silver Member

Whoever guessed Michelle Branch...well first off her voice isn't amazing like the blogger said this person's was and second the blogger said that the artist's second album did better than their first...Michelle's first album did better than her second.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I don't know about Shania Twain cuz her talking voice sounds pretty similar to her singing voice, at least to me.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Youtube people! Shania with Willie Nelson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa7DeEazGlo (you can hear that she's using the mic) and with Allison Krauss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwQ01TanGmw

Her singing voice does sound like her speaking voice too.

ok...

What about Norah Jones' singing and speaking voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    ok...

What about Norah Jones' singing and speaking voice?
    I am so profoundly sure it's not her that I actually registered for this forum just to say so. Reason: I've heard her on Marianne McPartland's very prestigious jazz radio show that airs on NPR. McPartland is a legend and invites only the best people on her show to be interviewed and to play live music both solo and with McPartland. NJ was on this show and sounded incredible. I'm not a big NJ fan...don't care for the style...but she's definitely authentic.

As for Michelle Branch, I don't see someone with a rep like Carlos Santana recording duets with her if she wasn't for real.

The collaborations and duets with respected musicians seems to rule out a lot of people, including Shania.

SVZ

Plus Shania has been around since like....the 40s

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    But would anyone really care if it was Michelle Branch? Most people I know don't even know who she is. Her singing voice isn't anything to brag about, either

Thats my thoughts too. Who would really care about this one? It would shock the hell out of me if this was Christina Aguilera; it would have to be as shocking as that. I dont think Michelle Branch is that terrific of a singer.

Silver Member

It's not Christina for about...9283483092840238 reasons but one of them is we've seen videos of her singing when she was a child and she's pretty damn authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1288 View Post
    It's not Christina for about...9283483092840238 reasons but one of them is we've seen videos of her singing when she was a child and she's pretty damn authentic.
    i'm with ya on that one.

eeeeeeek, but this is wild.and while i don't wish to slam on country music, i highly doubt that it could be a country artist because they aren't as known on a world wide level as pop or rock artists. no offense to the country people, but think about it. shania may have been huge here and in canada, but i don't think they were jamming to her in athens, moscow or capetown. usually when the world embraces american pop culture it's not in that particuar music genre. (w/ the exception of garth brooks in the 90s, and even...).

*trying to figure out who it might be*

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information