Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Milli Vanilli-like blind item

^But I don't think Mya would blow the music industry out of the water.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to meÖ.it only means the night is coming.

Silver Member

I still think this might be Ashanti..
    *****SUPERTRAMP=SUPERFREAK*****

I am struggling with the 'shake the music industry to its core, be bigger than Ashlee Simpson or Milli Vanilli', it has to be someone huge, that mostly everyone has heard of.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Re: Beyonce

Well all I know is if it IS Beyonce and she really CAN'T sing, she's in deep doo-doo because the critics are panning her acting ability in DreamGirls!
    Last edited by Mira; December 16th, 2006 at 12:32 AM. Reason: clarity!

Well maybe we should go back to Shania Twain then lol. I know nothing about country music, but she is huge, right?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

^^ I know jack about country music too but Shania has been in Switzerland or Sweden or something, totally off the radar. As far as I'm aware, she's neither doing an album nor has any plans to. Could be her.

I think it's JLo just because I was at the gym recently and they had a song from her first album on the speakers, it sounded soooooo different from her second album. And we all know she can't sing for shit anyway.

But she's not that good anyway to begin with, IMO. Or is she? I would love it to be someone horrid (IMO) like her. I can totally see her being a bitch to the real artist!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Well maybe we should go back to Shania Twain then lol. I know nothing about country music, but she is huge, right?
    shania's been around since the 80s and used to sing in bars to help buy food for herself and her brother.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I've seen Shania sing, not in person, but I thought her voice was pretty good. That particular performance would have been difficult to fake.

Leaning toward J.Lo too, at this point. I don't see how it being her would blow the lid off the music world though. It's supposed to be somebody more known for her singing, rather than her celebrity and dance videos (J.Lo).

I really do like J.Lo as an actress though. I've enjoyed her movies (though I haven't yet seen Selena), and IMO she is very convincing in everything I've seen her in. She should concentrate on acting, especially now that she is getting older. (Only a few older singers can pull off the Madonna bit.) I think she's just waiting for the right role to pop.
    Last edited by Mira; December 16th, 2006 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    But she's not that good anyway to begin with, IMO. Or is she? I would love it to be someone horrid (IMO) like her. I can totally see her being a bitch to the real artist!
    yeah! ita. JLo has this whole eau du holier than thou stink about her. I can't stand her, she's a crap dancer, a crap 'singer', and a crap actress. But the best part is she's getting towards that age where she's starting to dry up and soon Hollywood will forget she even exists.

Jlo could sing in Selena, its not her.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    yeah! ita. JLo has this whole eau du holier than thou stink about her. I can't stand her, she's a crap dancer, a crap 'singer', and a crap actress. But the best part is she's getting towards that age where she's starting to dry up and soon Hollywood will forget she even exists.
    I love that "eau de holier than thou stink" comment! Well I do think it very well could be J.Lo... she seems like the type that the starmaker machinery would grab and make a star, esp since I've read that she's incredibly hard-working. I still think she's a very good actress, so-so singer and pretty good dancer. Anybody can become a pretty good dancer with intense coaching though, so that's no big deal.

cly
    Bronze Member

JLo did NOT get to sing in Selena. They used all of Selena's own vocals for her songs and another singer also sang some songs, but NONE of them were done by JLo for the movie Selena.

I know this because my little girls watch this movie all the time and JLo is not credited as singing and when the movie was done they made a point of saying that is was Selena singing and NOT JLo and JLo was mad because she wanted to sing. Gossip at the time was that she was not good enough to even do Selena well.

JLo's work doesn't even sound the same now. I can't tell what is her voice and that of background singers and 'fill' stuff.

Yeah JLo did lip-synch in Selena.

I totally thought this could be her, but I just saw that she has an album coming out in Feb. 07: http://www.justjared.com/2006/12/17/...olmes-wedding/

Well the fact she doesn't sing as Selena makes me wonder now.
    BUT, her talking voice doesn't sound different to her singing voice, imo.

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information