Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lainey Gossip Blind Item 2/5/08

This is, apparently, someone we would never connect or associate with drugs. Someone who the public thinks is clean.

I'm really torn now.

I know this is weird but I immediately thought of a single guy for this. Not someone attached.
    BAH! WHO IS IT!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MsEprl View Post
    This is my first guess on a blind, so please be nice! I am thinking Brad Pitt. He is definitely involved, informed, and aware. Also, he and Angelina give to many charities which could explain why "a selfish junkie isn't what come to mind."

I may be reaching here...but "own your own sh*t, you know" could it be a movie clue? The Devil's Own (also, impish=devilish)

One more possible movie clue from The Legends of the Fall was "allowing someone else to take the fall..."
    Welcome! And those are all really good interpretations of the hints. The only reason I don't think it's Brad is the same reason I gave above for it not being Ryan Gosling - Lainey seems to adore Brad/Angelina and so I think if it were him, she'd make some comment about it being hard to do this blind, or being sad about it (like with the Holiday Detox one). She seems to think the guy in this blind is just an ass.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    What does she mean by "Elijah Wood is too easy"? Should we be looking in that age range? If so, does this mean it's Shia?
    Elijah is the definition of "impish".

I like both the Shia LeBoeuf & Emile Hirsh guesses. Not a clue which it would be. Shia had those pinned pupils at the Walgreens a while back. And then, for Emile, there's that clue Fluffy posted above. Hmmm.....

Emile Hirsch is a good guess. His looks are defnitely impish. I liked this blind better when everyone was guessing Leonardo DiCaprio. At least he's A-list for real. Lainey's blinds can be such a disappointment sometimes. I'm tired of BI about people who five years from now will end up the butt of jokes (if they're lucky) on Best Week Ever. Tired of the B-list blinds.

Update from Lainey:

PS. Jack Nicholson is not having trouble with the help. Neither is Toby Maguire. Or Sean Penn. Or Jake Gyllenhaal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    2/6/08:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    PPPS Coke isn’t Clooney’s thing
    That's for damn sure. Clooney's #1 vice is alcohol, preferably vodka.

What about Cillian Murphy?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I thought the point about it maybe being someone who comes into Lainey's Canadian orbit frequently was a good one.

I am also wondering if this guy is a TV actor, possibly working on a series up there? Mostly the guesses so far have been film actors, but the other thing that occurs to me is that for this guy to breeze through airport security nowadays, he has to be really recognizable. An actor on a hit TV show has in some ways more man-on-the-street recognizability than a film actor, unless he's super A list.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    What about Cillian Murphy?
    I like the option, but I don't know much about him other than he's Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    I am also wondering if this guy is a TV actor, possibly working on a series up there? Mostly the guesses so far have been film actors, but the other thing that occurs to me is that for this guy to breeze through airport security nowadays, he has to be really recognizable. An actor on a hit TV show has in some ways more man-on-the-street recognizability than a film actor, unless he's super A list.
    I think this guy did go through security like most people with his drugs. Lainey mentions:
    So brazen is he that he used to carry his stash on his body while travelling, tucked into a coat pocket, cavalierly going through security.
    The only way they'd find it going through US security is if your bag was searched or if they had a dog there. Of course, this does depend on what airports you are going through. The x-ray machines tend to be looking for bombs and weapons as far as I can tell.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    How about Al Pacino?

He was in Any Given Sunday

impish - devilish - Devil's Advocate

he is a highly regarded actor and I guess some would still consider him handsome.

Elvira Hancock did!

or wait it's Keanu Reeves

he was in Devils Advocate

reminds me of The Matrix scene where he is going through security guns a' blazin
    Keanu who is my favourite actor, came to mind too.

As much as I love him , I wrote up the bits that made me think in MIGHT be him....

What’s a highly regarded actor to do when he can’t pay someone to pick up his drugs???
    Keanu is highly regarded. There isn't anyone he's worked with who has a bad word to say about him

Given recent events, you’d think he’d know better
    He lost his best friend River Phoenix all those years ago and with Heath dying you'd think it
    would make him think , hey it could happen to me too.

He is an acclaimed artist ( The Matrix trilogy is acclaimed for breaking box office records and sales takings. It doesn't say "highly" acclaimed artist, just acclaimed )

who is involved and informed and aware,(Keanu did a green earth ad campaign )

idolised by some for his impish good looks (Keanu is idolised for being cute = impish)

a selfish junkie isn’t usually what comes to mind ( in his interviews his selfless devotion to his sick sister who has Leukeamia who he looks after really well, often comes up. Not something a selfish junkie would do.)

And so the task of transporting his happy across borders has rested on his personal assistants.
    Across borders could be from America to Canada. Toronto is where Keanu is currently filming The Day the Earth Stood Still.

I hope it isn't Keanu as he's my favourite actor. But unfortunately, he was the first person who came to mind for me. Maybe ecause he has had drug issues in the past, especially during his
    homeless man/hobo phases.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

s?It's not Orlando Bloom. More clues here: $title

Too bad the dude who’s looking for good help hasn’t heeded the same message, even though he was on hand to witness a heartbreaking reaction to the tragedy almost first hand.
    Was someone with Joaquin when he called the paramedics when River died? The way she writes makes me think of that. Or is about someone who was close to Michelle or Heath in some way? Someone dating one of the Olsens?

It's not James Franco either.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Bronze Member

Well Gael Garcia Bernal costars with Michelle on the project she was filming in Sweden when she was told of Heaths death?? I don't know too much about him except he was linked to Natalie Portman though...
    Cherish the past, adorn the present, create for the future

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information