Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Lainey Blind - March 23, 2015 - Actor vs Director

Bronze Member

Ah yes, Inarritu's friends with Sean Penn. That makes perfect sense now.

The thing is that I have heard NO rumors about Inarritu being mean or abusive to people on his sets. Has anyone else?

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The thing is that I have heard NO rumors about Inarritu being mean or abusive to people on his sets. Has anyone else?
    I hadn't either. I wanted to peg this as David O. Russell because his reputation is so well known.

But I was googling about Inarritu and found this quote from an Academy Awards voter at http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...s-robbed.html: "I think Birdman is a wonderful film. I think I’m slightly prejudiced because several people I know have had such a difficult time personally with [director/co-writer] Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu that when things are close, I’d err against him. He has a reputation for being terrible to work with. Directors have to be demanding and controlling and narcissistic—all the successful ones are—but there’s a degree!"

Bronze Member

I heard he has an ego, but who doesn´t in Hollywood?

And what would be the physical problem with Hardy?? Didn´t heard anything about it. And is he an acclaimed actor? He´s good, but acclaimed?

I have a love-hate relationships with blinds lol

I thought this was going to be about Tommygirl and Steven Spielberg's missus. I miss the old Mr Moviestar/Mr Moviemaker thread.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Man, I do too!

Between Ermahgerd and Yee-muthafuckin' Haw

Me three!

fgg

Tom Hardy makes a mug

If you already have a Tom Hardy problem, this isn’t going to help. This will make it much, much worse. Here he is on the cover of UK Esquire. Some dudes, when they do the squinty eye thing, it doesn’t work, not at all. You don’t believe it. Like if there was actually cigarette smoke drifting across their faces, they wouldn’t hot-squint, their eyes would just water and they’d swat it away. Not hot. Think Justin Timberlake. I don’t believe when Justin Timberlake tries to sex me with his eyes.

Tom Hardy?

Please.

He was made for it.

Look at that photo of him with the big coat on, and gloves hanging out of his waist. And the one of him walking behind the dog. Like if ever you were in the mood to be rescued? The helpless fantasy isn’t really my thing. But…I’m just saying I would be more open to it if it looks like Tom Hardy.

Because he doesn’t just grunt and woodchop his way into your pants. Like, this guy has some thoughts. And his train of thought, in an interview, can sometimes read like Robert Downey Jr. That is to say he’s verbal. And while he may be more prone to a low drawl than RDJ’s quick gunfire stream of consciousness, it’s still a stream of consciousness that can be hard to follow, but keeps you in pursuit.

Which is why this whole piece should really be read start to finish. Think of it like an act of intimacy. You don’t want to start off right away with your pelvises grinding up and down on each other. You begin at the beginning of the foreplay. And you let your arousal build.

Let me make a note though. Much of the interview takes place in an arts and crafts place in Calgary – somewhere he says Leonardo DiCaprio would never show up to. It’s interesting, Hardy’s comparison of fame, his level of it and Leo’s. And what he is and isn’t willing to compromise. Perhaps it’s also a statement though. Because Leo exploits his own fame in ways that make it a waste of time for him to go paint a mug in a crock shoppe. It’s not like models hang out there. That said, the benefit of Hardy’s position is that he can dip into that advantage of Leo’s whenever he wants. And he does.

Also NB - at one point, Hardy gets an email about work the next day. Work, of course, is The Revenant. With Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu. Creative differences. Typically you side with the director over the spoiled actor. But this, this is a different perspective. The rare occasion when you might be able to sympathise with the choices an actor has to make when they stand to come out looking like the asshole.

Click here to read the full piece. A basketful of hints.

Tom Hardy covers Esquire UK|Lainey Gossip Entertainment Update
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

The only disadvantage Hardy might have is his height. He looks like a big buy, but I don't think he's very tall, so maybe the long shot simply revealed some lifts and that's what set off the director. Just a guess.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

thanks for the update!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information