Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lainey Blind Item 1/29/08

The biggest names I could find currently filming in TO are Jude Law, Adrian Brody and Val Kilmer. And its none of them.

Silver Member

Why does the perfect man = Time Traveler's Wife? I know Lainey didn't like him for the role (and neither do I, really) but was there another connection?

I haven't read the book, but I get the impression that Lainey thinks of Henry What's-his-name of "The Time Traveler's Wife" in a similar manner to Mr. Darcy (whether you mean the original from P&P or Mark Darcy from BJD). From some friends that are Jane Austen fans, I hear that Mr. Darcy is supposedly the perfect man; hence, the Mark Darcy introduction.

She has also written in the past that she's gotten many, many requests to put him (Bana) on the Freebie 5:
    Just the other day, during the mailbag session, we were discussing the nomination of Eric Bana for the Freebie 5. Many of you are fans, many of you have seen Munich and the hot love scene, and many of you have intense loin quiveration over the heartthrob of the moment.
    Note that in the blind, Lainey doesn't say that she finds our man-in-question perfect, but that
    many find this man perfect.
    Last edited by Little Wombat; February 1st, 2008 at 06:49 PM.

Lainey wrote this a couple days ago:
    PS. Hugh Jackman is not married to the lesbian in question in question. And not Patrick Dempsey’s either. But maybe she should be. It might fix that permascowl.
    Eric Bana was a standup comedian for a number of years back in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Lainey wrote this a couple days ago:

Quote:
    PS. Hugh Jackman is not married to the lesbian in question in question. And not Patrick Dempsey’s either. But maybe she should be. It might fix that permascowl.
    Eric Bana was a standup comedian for a number of years back in Australia.
    I took that comment from Lainey to mean that maybe Patrick Dempsey's wife should try sleeping with a chick, to cure her permascowl.

I see how Eric Bana fits a lot of the clues but I still don't think it's him since it seems pretty clear from Lainey that there's something about the wife in question that makes everyone "baffled" as to why he's with her - whether it be that she's unconventional-looking, unattractive, a "bad girl", or whatever. There doesn't seem to be anything baffling about Eric Bana's wife.

Also, I don't think the "baffling" comment is referring to it being baffling that he's married to someone who doesn't sleep with him since how would anyone know that, unless they'd talked about it somewhere?

Oh, and while many of Lainey's blinds are based on Canadian shoots, etc., they're not solely about Canada-based things. She seems to get tips about a lot of other things as well.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Well, it can't be Pierce because he allegedly hit a pappy last fall.

That doesn't equal squeaky clean.

Well, it can't be Pierce because he allegedly hit a pappy last fall.

That doesn't equal squeaky clean.
    Oh good point! I'd forgotten about that.

Hmmm...man, this is tougher than it should be. Who on earth is still squeaky clean in Hollywood and is married to someone baffling?
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Eric Bana = squeaky clean
    Okay, based on Fluffy's earlier post, I searched Lainey's site for "squeaky clean" and came up with this for Bana:

Eric Bana: big head, small lips

I hear from at least 10 of you on a daily basis lobbying for Eric Bana's entry on the Freebie 5. Granted, I have not seen Munich. But I HAVE seen Troy. And he certainly is a molten hunk of loin quivering hotness…WHEN HE's in CHARACTER. From a purely physical perspective, I'm not feeling the head to mouth ratio. Take a look. Look at the size and the shape of his head in relation to those lips. It's weird, non? The more I study it, the more he looks like that Kool Aid jug that comes crashing out of the wall. It's not exactly nightmare-inducing but I don't know if I'd cheat on my husband for a sip of it, you know what I mean?

Oh, and if you're looking for gossip on this guy - there is none. Squeaky clean and devoted to his family. Almost suspiciously so.
    This seals it for me.

^^^ Excellent work, Little Wombat! (Oh man, I sounded like Mr. Miyagi from "The Karate Kid" there).

Edited to add: I just emailed Lainey to ask if it's Eric Bana (and also asked about Pierce, just in case). I also asked her to give some kind of a hint to clarify what she meant by "baffling" attraction. So hopefully she'll take pity on us and throw us a bone on Monday!
    Last edited by Sialia; February 1st, 2008 at 10:31 PM.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

It's all leading to Eric Bana, but I'm not sure what she means by "baffled by the attraction." Both he and his wife are very good looking people.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    It's all leading to Eric Bana, but I'm not sure what she means by "baffled by the attraction." Both he and his wife are very good looking people.
    I think the misinterpretation of this quote is why most people went down the wrong path of who's married to less-than-photo-perfect wives. Lainey uses the words "attraction," which to me refers to what's going on between the two of them. Not a person's "attractive"-ness. Lainey never says the wife is unattractive nor refers directly to her looks. That's purely an assumption.

All the clues fit Eric Bana but I am not sure most people would consider him "dashing and debonair." I think of George Clooney types when I read words like that.

Gold Member

I don't know Eric Bana at all. So my guess is someone completely different. I'm thinking Maxwell Caulfield and Juliet Mills (Tabitha from Passions).

Lainey's used either "dashing" or "debonair" to describe lots of men.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information