Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Lainey Blind Item 06/16/08 The Other Woman Doesn't Work

^ doppelganger - Definitions from Dictionary.com

Look-a-like. Doherty's doppelganger.

but not surprisingly, he has his eye on someone else. Almost her doppelganger.
    The cheater has his eye on a doppelganger. Unless you're suggesting incest, I don't think it's a sister...

Gold Member

That makes sense Little Wombat (so cute!), but the last part "Is cheating hereditary?" is unclear whether she's referring to the guy or the next targetted lady.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Well, she is saying that the guy has his eye on someone else, ie he's going to cheat.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    ^^Well, she is saying that the guy has his eye on someone else, ie he's going to cheat.
    If she means the guy, I don't know that Mitt Romney fits. Were there any rumors about his father cheating? I don't recall any coming up while Mitt was campaigning.

But Lainey has always said she won't touch politics on her site... that it's not what her site is about.

GRR. I really want to know who this blind is about!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    But Lainey has always said she won't touch politics on her site... that it's not what her site is about.
    Hmm, maybe she'd consider this one more about the actress not the politician? Like it's not really about *politics*. Or maybe it's not a politician but a guy from a famous business family? ... not that I can think of who that would be. But some mega-rich heir business type who have security, assistants, etc. IDK.

Maybe it is Shannen and for Lainey it doesn't really matter if we guess who the guy is.

I think the phrase "Is cheating hereditary?" says that the guy is the son of a known cheater. I can only think of Kennedys and, well, "Hollywood." Perhaps we need to look at who was known for cheating 30+ years ago??

^ Good points that Lainey usually won't touch politics. I can't remember any previous blinds regarding politicians. I guess someone needs to send the Romney guess in and see if she says anything either way.

picked up on the sly by his security team<< athlete or musician if he's not a politician

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Many stars have security teams, but something about the way Lainey describes them they sound a lot more like "official" types as opposed to private security.

Dammit!!! I want to know!

I thought perhaps it might be a bit intentionally misleading and that the guy could be David Beckham. My thoughts were that the 'legendary family' makes you think the guy has famous parents and siblings, but could in fact mean the Beckham family brand. But the 'is cheating hereditary' bit makes me think otherwise....it's so irritating!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    I think the phrase "Is cheating hereditary?" says that the guy is the son of a known cheater. I can only think of Kennedys and, well, "Hollywood." Perhaps we need to look at who was known for cheating 30+ years ago??
    Perhaps the hereditary reference isn't something so recent. According to the info in Wikipedia, Romney's family fled the US/Utah and headed to Mexico due to the US's opposition to polygamy. They only returned to the US when the Mexican Revolution broke out in 1910. That's a LOT different from the other Mormons who stayed in Utah and stopped having polygamous marriages so that Utah could become a state.

Here's a more in depth article about it: Romney family tree has polygamy branch - Boston.com

Lightbulb Shannen attended the 2002 White House Correspondents dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    Just curious - how would Romney and Doherty have connected? Doesn't she still live in LA?
    Shannen did attend the 2002 White House Correspondents dinner. TV Guide lists a picture of here there.

The NY Observer featured her in this article about it:
    The new Republican luster had also attracted a better galaxy from Hollywood and starry points beyond. Besides Mr. Osbourne and Mr. Ford, there was Chloë Sevigny, Shannen Doherty, Dana Delany and gold-medal winner Apollo Ohno. It may not have been the Kodak Theater, but it was better than last year.
    But there was Beverly Hills, 90210 's Shannen Doherty, G.O.P. bad girl, enthusing about her trip to the White House that day (eat your heart out, Chloë Sevigny). Ms. Doherty said she couldn't have cared less about the White House itself-she wanted to see the stars who worked inside. "I would have never stepped foot in the Clinton White House!" she said. "They were sleazy."
    It's probably fair to assume she's attended many other GOP gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Perhaps the hereditary reference isn't something so recent. According to the info in Wikipedia, Romney's family fled the US/Utah and headed to Mexico due to the US's opposition to polygamy. They only returned to the US when the Mexican Revolution broke out in 1910. That's a LOT different from the other Mormons who stayed in Utah and stopped having polygamous marriages so that Utah could become a state.

Here's a more in depth article about it: Romney family tree has polygamy branch - Boston.com
    Somehow, I doubt that Lainey is that into Mormon history. That seems to be stretching it to fit "cheating." If you have more than one wife, how is that cheating? I mean, you're "married" to all of them, so how could you be cheating on one with the other?? Don't you watch Big Love??

Erg, this one is complicated. I wanna know who it is!
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Today:
    PPS. Martin Sheen isn’t messing around with the other woman.
    Yet another man who has played a U.S. President. Hmmm...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information