Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Lainey Blind 29/12/09 - Casting Couch

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Makes you wonder how many A-listers went the casting couch route?
    well, after reading this blind item I wonder about that every time I see an actrress, from the A-list to the z. maybe all of them did. wonder who in the male side did it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Oh, and Lainey is a bitch.
    See, I usually ignore Lainey. But one of my first thoughts was that if I were in her position, I would probably back away from this blind item. Doesn't she say she doesn't like "sad smut"? To me, this story is sad for the actress in question, and having this get out can hurt her marriage (and her child) if the husband doesn't already know.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    See, I usually ignore Lainey. But one of my first thoughts was that if I were in her position, I would probably back away from this blind item. Doesn't she say she doesn't like "sad smut"? To me, this story is sad for the actress in question, and having this get out can hurt her marriage (and her child) if the husband doesn't already know.
    Agree. This blind has probably already done serious damage to the marriage of the actress involved.

Or not! Maybe that's how she got her husband! Mol's married to some director.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

Silver Member

Sad smut for Lainey seems to usually involve people with addiction or mental health issues, who've been piled on in general and genuinely need help.

I get that people don't like Lainey, but I honestly don't see this as sad smut, in no small part because it's a blind. If it is Mol, she's making a choice here. It would be sad if she were on the street and desperate for food; people sell themselves for far less than she allegedly has.

I don't think this is sad smut or insanely bitchy on Lainey's part either.

This is an actress, or a series of actresses who are desperate enough for fame to make incredibly stupid choices. And a seedy old man who abuses him position of power for sexual gratification. And a wife who goes along with it.

It's disgusting behaviour by them and deserves to be outed in a blind.

^^Agree - if it's Mol, then she's made a stupid choice. But it's another thing for millions of people to know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    I don't think this is sad smut or insanely bitchy on Lainey's part either.

This is an actress, or a series of actresses who are desperate enough for fame to make incredibly stupid choices. And a seedy old man who abuses him position of power for sexual gratification. And a wife who goes along with it.

It's disgusting behaviour by them and deserves to be outed in a blind.
    The problem is that it is a blind that 99% of people think is a particular actress. As far as I can tell, if it is true, the only source for the story would be the person who knows all the elements -- which would be Weinstein himself. And if that prior statement about handjobs actually came from Weinstein, it's not unlikely that he would turn around and tell somebody else this particular story, which would make him an all-time odious cretin.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The problem is that it is a blind that 99% of people think is a particular actress. As far as I can tell, if it is true, the only source for the story would be the person who knows all the elements -- which would be Weinstein himself. And if that prior statement about handjobs actually came from Weinstein, it's not unlikely that he would turn around and tell somebody else this particular story, which would make him an all-time odious cretin.
    I don't get the impression that Weinstein keeps these things to himself. Probably anyone who works with him knows who he's sleeping with. Case in point being the phone conversation he had with Miramax execs that someone posted earlier.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    I don't get the impression that Weinstein keeps these things to himself. Probably anyone who works with him knows who he's sleeping with. Case in point being the phone conversation he had with Miramax execs that someone posted earlier.
    If the handjob quote were true (actually came from Weinstein), I can't imagine why Mol would come back for more abuse -- and public scorn. Harvey would have been 99% guaranteed to blab about it afterward. If you look at Mol's IMDB entry, it's not like she hasn't been working.

So Shinola, do you want to share the scoop you obtained? Or Jbakes, care to fill us in?

Bronze Member

Harvey Weinstein had once proclaimed that Sienna Miller was the next "IT" girl b/c he had her play in Factory Girl this crap biopic that was about the "IT GIRL" rumors were she was doing the on screen actor and also Harvey. SM was hooked on Jude Law who was once married and left his wife more then once for Miller.

She also has been seen back with Law again lately, she has done a string of movies all not hits. Guessing she believes Harvey and Law might help her again..

I say this would be Sienna Miller, Jude Law and Harvey Wienstein.

Bronze Member

Sienna Miller doesn't have a husband and child waiting at home. The woman in the blind riddle does. Posted from my iPhone

I think it would be easy for plenty of people besides the three directly involved to know or at least be reasonably sure that there is an affair (or two) happening.

Regarding sad smut, for Lainey that seems to be when a life is in danger of ending -- not a relationship.

Also, she's "notted" Woody Allen twice for this one. First on the blog, and again the next day on Twitter. Two of Gretchen Mol's earliest major roles were in Woody Allen movies.

This item is barely blind, in my opinion.

fgg

i think you guys got it but from lainey:

PS. Casting Couch is not about Amanda Peet or Jerry Bruckheimer or Jamie Pressley.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information