Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The hollywood wars/follow up of the story of mr moviemaker and mr moviestar

Quote Originally Posted by AnonMouse View Post
    That said, I disagree with American In London being Kevin Spacey, if only because he's never worked with Mr. Moviemaker before (thank you IMDB), but . . . John Landis has. John Landis, director of an American Werewolf in London, worked with Mr. Moviemaker as producer on Twilight Zone: the Movie, where Mr. Moviemaker directed one of the segments. If you've noticed all of the previous chapters in this war, the code names were all movie title related, ie. Ocean Lover (Ocean's 11, Clooney) and Hard to Catch (Catch Me If You Can, DiCaprio). It fits more that these two directors and producers would know each other if they've worked together before.
    Since when did John Landis become directly involved in theater? The "American in London" is specifically " a certain theater director in London". I can't find anything on Landis doing theater. Spacey is the only one who fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Since when did John Landis become directly involved in theater? The "American in London" is specifically " a certain theater director in London". I can't find anything on Landis doing theater. Spacey is the only one who fits.
    Maybe I've got something. The seem to like the refer to movies, right? So maybe and I know it's a stretch, but maybe 'American in London', could refer to "American Beauty'?

I know Spielberg did not direct that movie (or produce) but it was a DreamWorks production. So maybe that's how they've gotten to know each other?

I know it's a stretch, but I can't find anything either that ties Landis with theater either.

Gold Member

That said, I disagree with American In London being Kevin Spacey, if only because he's never worked with Mr. Moviemaker before (thank you IMDB), but . . . John Landis has. John Landis, director of an American Werewolf in London, worked with Mr. Moviemaker as producer on Twilight Zone: the Movie, where Mr. Moviemaker directed one of the segments. If you've noticed all of the previous chapters in this war, the code names were all movie title related, ie. Ocean Lover (Ocean's 11, Clooney) and Hard to Catch (Catch Me If You Can, DiCaprio). It fits more that these two directors and producers would know each other if they've worked together before.
    I don't know that it is or isn't Kevin Spacey, but Hollywood's a small town. I'm sure Spacey and Spielberg are acquainted and thus could be friends.

Plus the BI was specific that some of those events were in London where Spacey has been/ had been working for quite some time.

Now Spacey's rumored to be in talks for a role in Spielberg's Trial of the Chicago 7 - who knows - maybe they discussed various roles over the years. And Spacey's been in Hollywood a couple of decades. Maybe they met an an Oscar party years ago. Maybe Haley Joel Osment, who's worked with both, introduced them.

ETA from the BI:
    a certain theater director in London… let’s call him ‘The American in London’. The meeting took place in California where the American in London temporarily took residence.
    Mr moviestar and the American in London are not really known as good friends, but do know each other. When mr moviestar called the American in London and told him they need to meet because mr moviestar is worried about a mutual friend, you guessed again; mr moviemaker, the American in London agrees. (...)

He is, however, also aware that the American in London is good friends with mr moviemaker and mr moviestar hopes that this will be enough to make him realize the damage mrs moviemaker is doing to him. (...)

Mr moviestar answers that that is not what he wants, but says he knows the American in London is well connected, maybe he can talk to certain people in London, willing to publish the information since American media seems to scared to print it.
    Spacey has been a theater director in London (Landis has not), but he certainly may have returned to LA at some point during his stint with the Old Vic theatre.
    Cruise and Spacey are likely to be acquainted but just guessing from their personalities, wouldn't be
    good friends. As for "the American in London is good friends with mr moviemaker", I don't know that Spacey and Spielberg aren't friends, let alone good friends. So I suppose they could be.

Spacey began at the Old Vic in 2004 and in that capacity probably became well connected in London circles.

Seems like Spacey to me.
    Last edited by cherrybaby; March 19th, 2008 at 08:18 AM.

^Yeah, Kevin shot a movie in Florida last fall. He does return to the US periodically from time to time for short bits.

The cease fire that was not meant to be…

While the full scale war between the church of strong believers and the old powerful lobby has been raging through Hollywood for some months, both parties recently took a few steps to access the damage.

In this lull, mr moviemaker approaches the powerful friend who’s advise he sought previously and suggest that maybe the time has come to back off. Just for a little while, to see what will happen and to give the church of strong believers the chance to back out of the war.

The friend hesitates. He does not think this wise and fears the church of strong believers might even consider it a sign of weakness. But mr moviemaker insists. He wants it all to end. The friend, again, warns mr moviemaker about the possible results of such strategy, but in the end says fine, let’s just wait and see their response. He, however, also informs mr moviemaker they have something that could keep the church of strong believers very busy and keep their hands full for some time to come. When mr moviemaker learns the content of this secret weapon, he puts his foot down. This is not the level he wants to sink down too and should he revert to methods like this, he would not be able to face himself in the mirror again.

The church of strong believers, notices, their formidable foes have stop aiming for time, which causes some confusion and appears to be leading to a rift. A section within the church of strong believers has been worried for some time already, matters have spun put of control, too far. They also point out their opponents have proven themselves tougher, and more resilient and resourceful than expected. Maybe matters would be left better as they are, and move on.

But a second, bigger group, won’t hear of this. Tey see the sudden silence as a proof that maybe they’ve hit their target harder than even they realized themselves. They think he’s weakening and wavering and that now the time has come to move in for the ‘kill’, and with any luck perhaps still manage to achieve their initial objective

Mr moviemaker also confides in another close personal friend, and fellow moviemaker with whom he recently worked on a joint venture. Mr moviemaker tells this friend as well he wants to put a stop to all the madness, and that he hoped that holding back ( for a while) will be enough to make them reconsider their actions.

His moviemaking friend’s opinion is that if this is the course of action mr moviemaker feels most comfortable with, it’s what he should do, but clearly shows hesitation about the strategy.
    At one point mr moviemaker is overheard saying, “If I do back off…they are not going to leave her alone…are they?”. His moviemaking friend is very clear in his answer; it’s obvious to him they think they’ve found his weak spot and will not stop pounding away at it until mr moviemaker surrenders. In his opinion mr moviemaker should beat them to it.

Find something that will be devastating enough for them they will to busy recovering from it to bother with mr moviemaker and his family as a result. When mr moviemaker answers there are people who could keep them busy for some time to come his fellow moviemaking friend wonders what mr moviemaker is waiting for?
    Mr moviemaker replies it’s just not his style. His fellow moviemaking friend does not understand this; if they were in a similar position, they would not hesitate and use it against him in a heartbeat. Why doesn’t he do the same? Mr moviemaker replies it’s just not his style.

While mr moviemaker hesitates, the group within the church of strong believers, determined to continue the war has gained the upper hand. And, they, too, think they’ve come up with a strategy that will turn the balance to their side, in order to claim full victory. They are convinced mr moviemaker is showing signs of weakness and that in this state he can be forced to make mistakes. When backed into a corner and feeling under treat, they are certain he will react impulsively and make the mistake they have been waiting for. And they know exactly how to go about it.

Soon after, mrs moviemaker’s oldest daughter, mr moviemaker’s oldest son and mr and mrs moviemaker’s oldest son are , once again approached by members of the church of strong believers. When these direct approaches lead to nothing but scoffs by mrs moviemaker’s oldest daughter , the oldest son of mr and mrs moviemaker and a temper outburst by mr moviemaker’s oldest son, they fall back on another tactic.

Once again, all three of them are bombarded with promotion material of the church of strong believers, and get send the material previously to the media, containing their ‘research’about mrs moviemaker and the damage she is inflicting. As final push they are informed the church of strong believers will find a way to get the same information to their younger brother and sisters, since they churche ot strong believers feels they, too, have the right to know.
    Maybe together they can at least make mr moviemaker see he’s heading for a big fall, should he not change his course.

All three of them alert mr moviemaker, who reportedly blows a fuse, upon learning the latest developments. With his fury, mr moviemaker’s concerns for the safety is his family mounts as well. As a result of this, security measures are tightened and for the first time local authorities are been made aware of some of the matters at hand.

With this latest chapter mr moviemaker’s powerful friend, the big player in the powerful lobby, tries to convince mrs moviemaker to convince mr moviemaker to play the cars he has been given; make use of this surprising ally that has offered itself, it could come into good use.

But even while mrs moviemaker seems tempted, and gives the impression she is more willing to make use of this welcome, she is not willing to pressure mr moviemaker into something she knows will take a huge toll on his conscience.
    She will discuss the matter with him, but if he still does not feel comfortable to go ahead with it, mrs moviemaker will back his decision.

London Sentinal
    March 21 2008

This is getting even more interesting- I wonder what ammo that Spielberg has, got to be something good on Tommy Boy.

This is getting incredibly interesting. Spielberg must have something brilliant on Tommy Girl.

Kate Capshaw seriously must be one hell of an SP, what did she really do? Kick David Miscavige in the nuts?
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Thanks Mogwai for the update.
    GMD was so maniacal and completely insane looking on that released "recruiting" tape that if I were Spielberg I would not think twice about holding back anything.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

goddammit spielberg, stop being a pussy and DESTROY THEM
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If Spielberg really wanted to take them on he could. He's totally got "protecsia" -- which is a yiddish word for protection and the concept of having the backing of some powerful people behind you so to speak.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I'm DYING as to what it is....

How dumb was the CO$ to approach the children. What'd they think the kids would do, suddenly be on the CO$ side? They are retards.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Strategically, it was very smart of them to get to the kids to try to silence the mother. It was a dirty move, but I guess "fair game" was at play.

Spielberg should at least give us a hint. We love our Blind Items.

Damn this drama is better than anything on tv. I hope Spielberg uses his secret weapon on Little Tom Thumb soon.

Mr moviemaker also confides in another close personal friend, and fellow moviemaker with whom he recently worked on a joint venture. Mr moviemaker tells this friend as well he wants to put a stop to all the madness, and that he hoped that holding back ( for a while) will be enough to make them reconsider their actions.

This has to be George Lucas. They just worked on Indiana Jones together.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Anyone else wondering if this is where the very large Gay Card will be played?

Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information