Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast

Thread: The hollywood wars/follow up of the story of mr moviemaker and mr moviestar

Interesting development about MI4-

Tom Cruise Mystery The case of the doctored publicity photo.

By Kim Masters
    Updated Tuesday, June 17, 2008, at 12:58 PM ET Tomfoolery: It appears that Tom Cruise isn't putting all his eggs into the Valkyrie basket. Valkyrie, you'll recall, is the Bryan Singer-directed thriller in which Cruise plays a German officer who tried to assassinate Hitler.That project has hit some bumps on its way to theaters. Meanwhile, Cruise is also making an attempt to go back to his roots. But making that happen isn't simple: It seems that the Cruise camp recently reached out to Paramount about making Mission: Impossible 4 and got seriously disavowed.
    Paramount's response was to ask whether Cruise would like to produce the film—as in, produce but not star in. And, since he's contractually guaranteed the right to produce such a film at this point, it wasn't much of an offer. This tells us not to read too much into that supposed rapprochement between Cruise and Sumner Redstone. And it suggests that the fighting between Cruise and Paramount studio chief Brad Grey over the deal for M:I3 was a lot more rancorous than we knew at the time.
    We don't want to keep you in suspense: Cruise's answer was no. Our source tells us that Paramount met this with a shrug, since in the not-too-distant future the studio expects that it will be free, contractually, to make the movie without involving Cruise's production company. Some film executives say they think Paramount is being foolish, because they believe there is an avid audience for Cruise in this role. After all, the last one grossed about $400 million worldwide. (Maybe M:I4 could pair Cruise with Shia LaBoeuf as the young successor.) But Paramount seems to think it could relaunch the franchise with a young star and leave Cruise out of the equation.
    The case of the doctored Tom Cruise publicity photo. - By Kim Masters - Slate Magazine

it looks like Paramount isnt interested in having TommyBoy star in it - although he is currently obligated to produce the movie but that may not be a permanent thing. I am having hopes that this could be true now ;D

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    Hey, whatever happened to Mogwai?
    mogwai recently changed jobs and was often too tired to jumpt behind the computer Still nothing new at the gatekeeper?

Quote Originally Posted by mogwai View Post
    mogwai recently changed jobs and was often too tired to jumpt behind the computer Still nothing new at the gatekeeper?
    thought CO$ got you no updates, checked this morning...damn

LoL nope have not spotted any Co$ sitings around my neighborhood. But, you mean they even come after you when you like a story they might not be too happy with?

Maybe I should erase my browser a bit more often then

Hey Mogwai! Good to see you back safe and sound. Am tired but glad to be home after a very busy June. Any new updates on the Cruiser vs Spielberg? Have I missed anything? Too lazy to read back. VenusIFF, good news. I think I have located the mad birthday guitarist and am trying to get him signed. Wanna be a groupie with me, LOL?
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Question

The following was posted in the Lainey Lurv group on FB:
    This is the latest update from SG in the Moviemaker / Moviestar story, although it happened some months ago (thought to be around the GMD / Oprah interview).

So here it is - enjoy!

It was all just a big misunderstanding…..

What we’re about to tell you took place during a big….festivity. A big crowd, a lot of faces and many names. The weather was good and spirits were upbeat.

It was on this stage Mr. moviestar spotted the son of Mr. and Mrs. Moviemaker. Mr. moviestar walked and greeted him with his well know joviality. Asked if his parents were there as well, he replied no, but that they would meet him later. Mr. moviestar told him that in that case he should hang out with Mr. moviestar and his wife. The boy replied he was fine and would just wait for his parents. But Mr. moviemaker insisted and told him he though it would not be such a great idea if he hang around all by himself.

When the boy started displaying clear signs of discomfort, two men appearing out of nowhere, or so it seemed, according to several onlookers -who were not quite able to place the two in context- placed themselves in the direct nearby ness of the boy. The onlookers did hear a slightly annoyed Mr. moviestar remark; “ Look, I’m just talking to him, all right?”. The two men seemed to ignore Mr. moviemaker completely and one of them asked the boy is he was okay. Mr. moviestar responded he was fine and that they were just talking. No one of the men replied he didn’t ask him.

Before Mr. moviestar could respond to that he was told “ Stay away from my brother”, Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son had arrived, and it was more than clear he was not pleased to see Mr. moviestar.
    They saw how Mr. moviestar put a somewhat forced smile on his face, while he greeted Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son. He tried talking to him in a casual manner, telling him he had not seen him in a while. But it was obvious to more than a few, Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son was not in the mood for a friendly chat with Mr. moviestar.
    While he faced Mr. moviestar down, the two men who had appeared out of nowhere, discreetly faced back into the background.

Mr. moviestar seemed stunned by Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son’s hostility towards him and asked him what was going on. Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son only laughed in disbelieve after which he was heard saying to his younger brother; “ Come on, let’s get out of here”.

But Mr. moviestar wasn’t willing to leave things at that and asked again what was going on, he thought they were friends. Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son replied he thought that too, not all that long ago, but obviously had had been mistaken

Displaying utter shock Mr moviestar wanted to know why he was so upset he had been talking with his brother. Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son replied he did not want Mr. moviestar anywhere near his brother and that he was not alone in that. Mr. moviestar had people messing with his head before, and – he was assured – he would not get that chance again. Mr. moviestar complained he had no idea what was meant with that.
    While both man were talking in a ‘ civilized manner’ and neither one of them raised their voiced, it became clear to more than a few onlookers, Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son had an increasingly hard time to control his anger. He told Mr. Moviestar to stop playing innocent, even though he was good at it. He said he knew what was going on and that he was just gonna leave it at that.

Now, Mr. moviestar displayed relief and started smiling again, and said now he understood what this was all about. But, Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son could relax, he said, everything was cool. He and Mr. moviemaker had talked and things were fine again now. They had had a long conversation, that had cleared the air between them. It had all been a big misunderstanding.
    Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son scoffed as he repeated : “ Just a misunderstanding” Mr. moviestar insisted it really had been. He and Mr. moviemaker for some reason had their signals crossed, and things really got out of hand from there, but that now everything was fine again.

Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son wondered is Mr. moviestar really thought he was stupid enough to believe something like that. But Mr. moviestar persisted, if he did not believe him, he should ask his father. Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son replied that wass precisely the problem he had with Mr. moviestar’s story; he speaks frequently with his father and he has the strong suspicion he would have been informed of such development..
    Mr. moviestar suggested that maybe Mr. moviemaker considered it so insignificant he didn’t bother mentioning it. But Mr moviemaker’s oldest son replied that even though his father may have a forgiven nature, he’s not that forgiving, nor is he crazy, which is what he would be, should he ever trust Mr. moviestar ever again.

Mr moviestar once again told Mr moviemaker’s oldest son to talk with his father and that he would assure him everything was fine. Just as Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son appeared to be losing it, his second brother arrived and tried to cool him down.
    Mr. moviestar greeted him as well and wondered asks how his mother was doing. Mr. moviemaker’s oldest son now wanted to charge at Mr. moviestar but was restrained by his second brother who forcefully pushed him back telling him at was “ no use”.
    He convinced his brother to just leave since they were starting to draw a lot of attention.

Just before the three left Mr. moviestar urged Mr. moviemaker oldest son one more time, to “ talk with your dad, he will explain it all”.
    Thoughts? Is it real?
    Last edited by CedDi80; July 17th, 2008 at 03:14 PM.

well it's definitely more interesting than any movie Tom Cruise has EVER made, but either it's fiction or Steven Spielberg is the world's biggest pussy.

Hmm, yeah maybe it is true...
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Gold Member

Could someone condense that goobledeegook? Is his saying it was all a misunderstanding or is he saying that only the kid misunderstood.

It makes no sense that it was *all* a misunderstanding.

I would LOVE for all of this to be true, but I just don't know anymore.....

True or not, the author of these has just nailed Tom Thumb and his pompous king or the world, how dare you not believe every word out of my mouth sliminess. I hate that type of person who craps all over anyone in his path and is honestly befuddled when people call them on it. Nothing pisses me off more than hypocrisy.

Also, the sentinnel-gatekeeper site seems to be down.

^it is down...that's weird, I was on yesterday looking for an update... maybe CO$ got to them.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Sadly, I don't believe this story is completely factual. My heart is broken.

I would give anything for Tiny Tom to be publicly humiliated.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Me too

It's all too story like to be real. I just don't understand how 'onlookers' can be placed at these events and report back whole conversations and such.

I do think there's a rift between Speilberg and Cruise, but I think, for the most part the author of these stories has just played up to it and made all the stories up.
    ssabmud

I need to read through this thread, but its grown so massive I can't keep up! However this seems like a fun place to post this next bit. I think of GR every time this happens to me.

I am now working a block from a Scientology center. So I get asked if I want to take a Personality Test EVERY DAMN DAY at lunch. It is creepy and disgusting and I've found ways to have fun with it.

I am totally that asshole that spoils the $ci person's schpeil when they ask a nearby stranger if they want to take a personality test.

Step away from that for a second. Having it happen to me first-hand makes me understand how one falls into this cult. I'm walking back to work with my lunch in hand and some hot young guy asks me if I want to take a personality test. It immediately makes me think of something akin to reading my horoscope; yknow normal innocent fun on my lunch break. If I didnt know better, I'd have fallen for it too.

So now, every day when that happens, I am that asshole with a good heart. I just say loudly to the $ci person, 'Hey, youre from the Church of Scientology right?' and the person says "yes i am' and their personality test victim runs away.

I love it. It is my favorite lunchtime habit: freeing would-be $ci victims.

Calimoonchild - you are truly service oriented. I'd do the same thing.

Thread Information