Login to remove the ads!
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The hollywood wars/follow up of the story of mr moviemaker and mr moviestar

I want to know what Tofu Tom thinks he has on Kate Capshaw - I cannot find a gossip reference to her anywhere, except on one of the anti-Chruch of Whacked out Kool-Aid drinkers sites, which is really just this story but with the names included. It does make an easier read. So, this story appears about 3-4 months behind based on the Indy Jones break-in. Anyone seen recent pics of KatE Holmes? Wow, she is in full zombie regalia lately. I actually feel very badly for her and the shell of a life she now has - stumping for her little stumpy husband. At least Granny Freeze got an Oscar and a chance at a long-term career for her troubles.

why would you feel badly for someone who chose to join it, and continues to live it?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I also wonder what it is TofuTom thinks he has on Capshaw. But if all those papers that apperently have been approached refuse to print it it has to be something they consider not very credible.

I'm sure there's been lot's a preasure form Spielberg's lawyers - as that's how it often goes - not to punlish. But if but if I read this latest correctly several already had decided not to print it without their being any presure.

Maybe it is just fear but I can't imagine that would be enough for them to not publish if they think they have a juicy(?) story they consider somewhat reliable.

I don't have much symptahy for Katie Holmes either. Especially not after reading how eagerly she was willing to help Tom with his agenda.

Gold Member

Wasn't there a rumor somewhere in this saga that suggested that Tom said he had proof that Kate was a hard-core drug user? Or did I imagine that?

As I recall that rumor had to do with Spielberg himself having a severe crack addiction or something, not capshaw. But I can be mistaken.

These shenanigans is more interesting than any movie that Tommyboy has starred in. Its going to be interesting times when his Nazi movie will be released- I have a feeling that the Spielberg camp will release/start something to derail that

Iím not sure whether this is a coincidence or not but my friend just told me over MSN that the paper today printed Ďthe Spielberg- Capshaw storyí and that in it they seem to make a very subtle hints to their Hollywood wars story. Especially the final remarks she said can be read as a very clear hint at the story and how this plays in all that.

If anyone is interested I could ask her to mail it over. Iím just not sure where I should post it. This time their names are used so itís not really a BI lol

Silver Member

Which Cruise flick bombed? Was it Lions for Lambs? Where was it supposed to be filmed originally?

Quote Originally Posted by mogwai View Post
    Iím not sure whether this is a coincidence or not but my friend just told me over MSN that the paper today printed Ďthe Spielberg- Capshaw storyí and that in it they seem to make a very subtle hints to their Hollywood wars story. Especially the final remarks she said can be read as a very clear hint at the story and how this plays in all that.

If anyone is interested I could ask her to mail it over. Iím just not sure where I should post it. This time their names are used so itís not really a BI lol
    please post it
    ηαтαℓιε
    wнo ѕayѕ noтнιng ιѕ ιмpoѕѕιвle. ι've вeen doιng noтнιng ғor yearѕ

Okay. Well she was as kind as to type this up, bit her youngest was giving her a hard time while she was doing so, so she kindly asks to ignore typing errors she more than likely made lol

Just gonna add it here 'cos i'm not sure where else to leave it

Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw
    A deep protective love

Their marriage generally is considered to be one of Hollywood’s most solid marriages an their love a real and genuine one, their story reads like a true and old fashioned Hollywood love story.
    But things did not happen overnight. The road to happiness was long and hard and had it’s fai share of obstacles in the way – obstacles mainly caused and created by Steven Spielberg – before the happy ending could be written.
    It took no less than three break-ups before they finally did walk down the aisle. And maybe that is one of the reasons their love now is so deep and protective and their union almost indestructible

But, what ended the Spielberg-Capshaw relationship before they finally did get married anyway? Well which story are you interested in? That of their fist breakup? Their second or the third? All three of them? All right then, but, pay attention, it’s a long – and sometimes complicated story. Here we go:

Their story begins on the set of the second Indiana Jones movie ‘The temple of Doom….no, wait, back up a step here… actually it starts even before that. It starts with the audition Capshaw took for the part of Willy Scott and where sparks between her and Spielberg flew.
    But since no one was present at that time other than the two main characters of the story, we have no way of knowing what took place during this first meeting.

Back to the set of Indiana Jones and the temple of doom, where people did witness Spielberg and Capshaw growing closer with each passing day. It didn’t take long before the first reports of a Spielberg-capshaw romance appeared in the media.
    But, their happiness was not to last. It abruptly ended when Spielberg ran into his former girlfriend, Amy Irving, in Bombay. Again, we can not give you the details of what took place there and then, but it is a given that mere days after this meeting, Spielberg broke things of with capshaw. Amidst a rousing argument some grew members of ‘doom’ remember till this day.
    It’s also a given Capshaw dropped out of the promotion tout of the movie halfway, for unknown reasons and that before The temple of doom premiered, Spielberg and Irving were once again – unofficially – back together.
    This would count as the first Spielberg Capshaw break.

After their son Max is born, Spielberg and Irving marry. And, it is at this time Martin Scorsese raises his voice of concern about the pending Spielberg-Irving nuptials in an interview at the time. ….”Yes, Steven is a dear friend and, I love him like a brother. That’s why I worry, because I am afraid he is lying to himself. He may love Amy, but he is and always will be in love with Kate. He’s not being fair to either one of them and if he denies it, he’s lying to himself. It’s as simple as that”….
    Martin Scorsese later denied he ever made the comments, but the reporter, till this day, insists he did indeed make them.

True or not, the Spielberg-Irving marriage did take place but it was no secret the marriage, like the relationship they had previously was rocky and stormy at best. Almost three years into the marriage, Spielberg and Capshaw reconnect (so to speak) and at his initiative, we would like to add. They have an affair that lasts several weeks, but when it becomes clear to Capshaw that Spielberg is in no rush to divorce Irving she ditches him.
    The second Spielberg Capshaw break up is a fact.

But it’s not for long as Spielberg and Capshaw ‘accidentally’ meet at a party hosted by George Lucas.
    Around this time Mrs. Spielberg (Amy Irving) gets wind of her husband’s ‘special friendship’ with an actress of one of his previous movies. Furious as she was about the infidelity, she did try to convince her husband to salvage their marriage. But Spielberg stops her attempts dead in its tracks when he tells her he will file for a divorce.
    What followed was irving dragging the divorce, Spielberg, openly, carrying on his affair, a public divorce battle and a record settlement agreement in a much spoken about and published divorce, that ultimately ended in a surprisingly amicably friendly atmosphere.

The general believe was Spielberg and Capshaw would marry soon afterward. After all, did he not caugh up that dazzling amount of dollars to buy his freedom? Wedding plans were indeed made, but….
    It became clear to Capshaw that maybe Spielberg was not so wildly enthusiastic about the marriage plans as he initially made her believe he was. Having learned from the previous experiences in their past, she forces to issue.
    Sources at the time informed the media that when backed into a corner, Spielberg was forced to admid the only reason he agreed with the marriage was because it obviously meant a great deal to capshaw.

WRONG! (answer) as Lex Luthor would say. That definitely is not the answer a woman in love wants to hear from the man she is about to marry when she asks him why he proposed…
    According to media reports in those days, Capshaw, angered Spielberg with her demands of a speedy wedding and things exploded.
    Angered by Capshaw’s pressure, Spielberg argued she wanted too much too soon, making him feel she was suffocating him. In the end he made it clear he just wasn’t ready for a new marriage just yet, so soon after the public collapse of his first one.
    Capshaw calls things quits and dumps Spielberg again. And thus we arrive at the third Spielberg-capshaw break up

Now, one might think Spielberg was left heartbroken after being ditched twice in less than a year by ‘the only woman he ever has loved and the only woman he ever will love” (Brian de Palma) his behavior during those days certainly suggested otherwise.
    No less than a moth after Capshaw again walked out of his life, Spielberg was spotted with actress Holly Hunter. It did not require the eye of a trained expert to come to the conclusion they were more than “just friends”…

‘talking about bouncing back fast’would not be a unreasonable train of thought one could argue, but that is not entirely fair his friends argued back then. According to them, Spielberg was indeed devastated by the loss of Capshaw. But, they insisted the problem with Steven was that whenever he was in ( emotional) pain, rather than facing it, he would run.
    This time he run straight into the arms of the leading actress in his latest film; Holly Hunter.
    More experienced readers may raise an eyebrow at this and wonder if Holly Hunter should not have known better than involved with a man whose heart just got broken. What are the odds a relationship like that would last very long?…
    Not very big, as the Spielberg-Hunter history would show ; In less than three months it was over.

And, once again, Spielberg tried to reconnect with kate capshaw. But wounded by his previous behavior, and his subsequent quick replacement of her (as she experienced the experienced the Spielberg-Hunter relationship) Capshaw did not respond to Spielberg’s attempts of reconciliation.
    Maybe some of our readers can remember the article that ran in a New York paper on their society page back in the day, accompanied with two pictures, one showing a clearly crestfallen Spielberg the second one a torn picture showing Spielberg and Capshaw in better days. The caption read; ‘this is the woman driving Hollywood’s most powerful man to despair; Spielberg devastated as Capshaw tells him they are through for ever”

The normally friendly paper continued by criticizing Spielberg about his recent behavior in the article calling him spoiled and
    Their conclusion was that without a doubt this was the first time the beloved director did not get what he wanted and that this was clearly injuring him and effecting him ‘as the last dud of a movie indicated” (ALWAYS) the paper also warned for a potentially even bigger danger, Spielberg was starting to annoy eve his biggest fans with his behavior. Their message: “grow up ,or, at the very least, shape up”

But, this would not be the true love story it turned out to be, if all had not ended well in the end after all. Although not used, as the New York paper pointed out so correctly, to having to fight to get what he really wanted, Spielberg did fight to win Capshaw back. And, in the end, obviously, succeeded.
    This time around the couple took things slowly and their was no pressure for a speedy wedding from either side. In fact, their oldest daughter was born before they even got married and by the time they finally did walk down the aisle, capshaw was already three months pregnant with their son, and had converted to Judaism.

Well, this pretty much is the story ( in a nutshell). Call us sentimental old fools, but we think that is really does read like a true love story in old Hollywood style.

We also have the strong impression that a man, willing to go these extra miles to be able to marry the woman of his dreams will stop at nothing to defend and protect her. We can only advise the enemies, he without any doubt does have, do realize this before they go to battle with him….

London sentinal
    07/03/08

I do tend to agree with her. The last remarks seems to be a clear hint at the Hollywood wars story

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^Thanks for posting that, Mogwai.

I was unaware of the history between Spielberg and Capshaw. It's no surprise that he would go to any lengths to defend her honor and safety. Good for them.

TEAM SPIELBERG!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome. I ound it a fascinating read as well and was not aware of most of this at all.

I have say my admiration for Capshaw has risen considerably ever since I began reading and following this. She does seem like one tough lady lol
    And I'm glad Spielberg apparantly changed over the years because in this story he does come accross as rather spoiled

Thanks Mogwai! Their love story make-up/break-up should be a movie
    ηαтαℓιε
    wнo ѕayѕ noтнιng ιѕ ιмpoѕѕιвle. ι've вeen doιng noтнιng ғor yearѕ

Quote Originally Posted by GKing View Post
    Which Cruise flick bombed? Was it Lions for Lambs? Where was it supposed to be filmed originally?
    I think they mush two events together in a couple of sentences. The Nazi one had location trouble. Lions for Lambs bombed big time, but I don't think the Spielberg camp had anything to do with the locations or filming on that movie. It was directed by Robert Redford.

I thought I read somewhere about a month ago that 'lots of people in the industry' will consider Tofu Tommy's career over once the Nazi flick hits in the fall. Reason: he can't act and is surrounded by tons of actors who can.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by mogwai View Post

London sentinal
    07/03/08

I do tend to agree with her. The last remarks seems to be a clear hint at the Hollywood wars story
    Ok what is this London Sentinal? Is it a newspaper? Magazine? Internet Paper? Which country is it published in?

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information