Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Entertainment Lawyer 11/09/09 3rd year Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    The only other person that would absolutely SHOCK me is Christina Aguilera. If it came out that she wasn't doing her own singing, I'd be floored.

Hell that WOULD be a shock. But it's not happening. I've seen Christina live and she's a vocal POWERHOUSE.

This blind has driven me nuts for years! Everyone I've spoken to about it puts their $ on the subject being Britney.

If it's not Britney, my vote is for J-Lo. Ashanti ghosted a lot of her vocals. Only thing is that J-Lo hasn't sang in "hundreds" of live shows like Britney has.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    Hell that WOULD be a shock. But it's not happening. I've seen Christina live and she's a vocal POWERHOUSE.

This blind has driven me nuts for years! Everyone I've spoken to about it puts their $ on the subject being Britney.

I've seen the video of her appearance on Star Search when she was 9 or so and she had awesome vocals back then.

The only thing that completely keeps me from thinking "It's Britney, Bitch!" is that "...Baby One More Time" outsold "Oops, I Did It Again"

But "J-Lo" outsold "On The 6".

And "Like A Virgin"
    outsold Madonna's first album.

I know this can't be Janet because a lot of people don't realize that "Control" was her her third album, not her first.

Damn Enty. Just Damn...
    Posted from my iPhone

Hit By Ban Bus!

So...

Since the clue is "born in the US"...does that mean that it might be someone that got their big break overseas, and then made it here?

Some songwriter named Regina singing "Baby Love":

YouTube - Regina - Baby Love

Turns out she produced this song with frequent Madonna collaborator Steven Bray. She sounds a LOT like Madonna in this vocal. This song was originally meant for Madonna, but she turned it down.

I was fully onboard the Britney-is-MV train, but recently I've found several videos that make me doubt that its her.

Britney definitely can sing, and she has a very distinctive voice. And its the same one that is on her records. While it may not be incredible, it is pleasant enough, and I do believe that it is hers. I don't doubt that she leans heavily on backup singers and such, but I do believe that she's doing at least part of the work.

A few of the videos:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d01La7zN2Ss[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sF4NGIjI6k[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM4AaA3hgMY[/youtube]

From her latest tour- I actually do believe she is singing here (it is 2 clips of 2 diff. shows from the Circus tour- you can tell when it switches):
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Za5bMyzwio[/youtube]

And I'm not sure about here- I could go either way:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdRKmTb82nQ[/youtube]

I don't think it's Britney as her singing voice sounds like her speaking voice and if they were going to hire someone to sing for her they would have got a MUCH better vocalist.

Is anyone else skeptical that ENT happened to make his last clue the EXACT guess that hustle4alivin suggested? Its not like GR is a secret, hidden board. I wonder if he reads here.

i'm still having a helluva hard time believing that a PRACTICING attorney could be sitting on a secret like this and blogging about while his superstar client is still alive. It seems like the kind of thing that MV would come at with all guns blazing. It seems like the kind of thing that would NEVER in a million years happen.

and i'm still having a hard time believing that an attorney capable of getting such a celebrity client would risk his entire career and worse, for some two-bit gossip blog.

IDK- guess this is my roundabout way of saying that either 1) he's not an attorney (but maybe he's a receptionist, or a bitter assistant at an agency or something), or 2) that he's completely full of shit.

he bugs me and this BI bugs me. i want the truth!

There is no truth! I'm telling you, he/she makes this shit up and conveniently comes up with clues to lead/mislead people as popular guesses progress.

And the biggest giveaway is that there is no way this person is a lawyer and still practicing to the extent that they claim. I'm sure it's some gossipy PR person's hobby or an agent or a mid-level lackey somehow associated with the entertainment industry. I doubt it's even entertainment law.

This BI is the reason I gave up on the EL. Many of his blinds mirror movie plots, especially the more spectacular ones.

He adjusts his clues solely to invalidate guesses in order not to get sued.

Most of his regular blinds seem legid, but they are the usual Hollywood gossip anyone knows. Singer does coke, actor is gay, actress is anorexic. Duh.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I really loved Ent Lawyer when I first discovered his site. Now I don't think he's a man OR a lawyer, and this blind clinches it.

And yet the blind still bugs me! I think it's BS, but I'd still like to know who "he" is accusing. However, I suspect that these stories are created without exact people in mind, and Ent Lawyer lets the readers shape the answers (if they ever are revealed).

I'm on the fence w/ENT. There have been times when something has come out in the media and we're all like, hey--wasn't that a BI? And it had been an ENT BI wks/months previously. It has happened.

Can't think of any off the top of my head though...

Anyway, I truly don't know who this could be. No one would really shock me anyway.

There is one last way that this could be true, I think: if MV recently died. And that would make MV someone who was likely bigger in an earlier timeframe than the 2000s/1990s.

I'd love it to be Michael Jackson but there's no chance. what other singers have died this year / recently?

Okay, just watched "Britney and Kevin: chaos", and there is no way they could fake her singing there.

Now I have no idea who it is and I don't give a shit anymore (cause I know this MV is not that important these days)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information