Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Entertainment Lawyer 11/09/09 3rd year Anniversary

I've heard Alicia sing on some show, and it was definitely live, so I am thinking its not her.

I listened to the demo of 'Toxic' that was sung by Cathy Dennis. There is virtually no difference between the demo version and Britneys version. However, Cathy Dennis wasn't a commercial/studio singer. She's a well known songwriter, and she had a hit herself back in 1991, "Touch Me (All Night Long)"

I think the key clue may be about the commerical/jingle singer. They were more popular in the 70s and 80s than they are today. I know Patti Austin and Luther Vandross made very good livings as jingles singers during that era. So maybe the singer is from an earlier era?

I still think that Enty is full of shit from that Timmy/Shimmy BI. Between him and finding out what a fraud Myra Panache's site was, I don't know what BI's to take seriously anymore...
    Posted from my iPhone

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    finding out what a fraud Myra Panache's site was, I don't know what BI's to take seriously anymore...
    what's up with panache? i used to read it all the time but i let it go a year or so ago.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

And who the hell is the HIV+ singer that ENT allegedly knew of?? WTF?
    Lets have a BI revolt!

Just tell us fucker!

ETA: What about Shania Twain? meh,I know she used to sing in Canada,but..
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    what's up with panache? i used to read it all the time but i let it go a year or so ago.
    you and many other former Kool-Aid drinkers. I don't want to hijack this thread by trying to explain it all, but I found a site called panachereportexposed.com that can explain it better than I can
    Posted from my iPhone

Shania Twain is a good guess, but she was a lounge singer at some resort in Ontario way back in the early 90s. There are some old videos out there of her singing there.
    Posted from my iPhone

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

you and many other former Kool-Aid drinkers. I don't want to hijack this thread by trying to explain it all, but I found a site called panachereportexposed.com that can explain it better than I can
    Posted from my iPhone
    The Many Personalities Of Myra Panache | THE PANACHE REPORT EXPOSED

I only had a quick skim through the comments on the site, but the gist of it seems to be that PR was multiple online identities of one person rather than individual posters and that most of the BI's were either total BS or something that was already known but with a little extra spice and a twist to make it seem new and interesting.

Elite Member

For what it's worth, EL gave another clue on this today:

To borrow a phrase from Ted C, MV ain't:

Mandy Moore
    Pink
    Norah Jones
    Beyonce

Crazy Days and Nights: Today's Blind Items & Your MV Clue

Bronze Member

I think it must be from a way earlier era, like someone else said. 70s, even. Nowadays pop stars don't need to sing well.

ENT has done some reveals in the past that turned out to be about stars from the 40s!

Quote Originally Posted by Desk hack View Post
    I've always thought this was Britney because of what Henry Rollins said - that there was this black lady that came in and sang her tracks and then they'd mix it with Britney's vocal track and do some sort of studio wizardry to blend the two voices. He claimed it was because Britney's voice lacked soul.
    Rollins noted that befriending the sound engineers at any music studio was a wise move, as "they're the ones with the best stories."
    "They have the black chick come in and sing, and Britney sings over it, and they mix them together," Rollins told Harris.
    "(Britney) gets her phrasing basically from this older R&B woman. I found that out talking to an engineer.
    "Britney apparently isn't actually the worst singer, she just has no feel. So they bring in this older black woman who sings the song, then Britney sings to it, and they kind of make a mix of the two voices, and that's what you hear on the records."
    I still think it's Our Lady of Cheetos.

I think it must be Jlo. Brit's music was never any good. They said the checks stopped coming right?...Jlo has not put out any music as of late. Also, there have been speculations about her finaces. Jlo was all over the gossip pages a few years ago with Ben. I vote JLO. Her first cd came out in 1999. Enty changed the dates so maybe he only changed them within a year of the incident.

I listened to the demo of 'Toxic' that was sung by Cathy Dennis. There is virtually no difference between the demo version and Britneys version.
    Holy cow, you are right! A quick google search & look what I found: http://fliiby.com/file/68570/44cm7v4tgz.html.

If this really is Cathy Dennis, then we've found the voice behind the BS.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by JE3XX View Post
    Holy cow, you are right! A quick google search & look what I found: http://fliiby.com/file/68570/44cm7v4tgz.html.

Wow. It's so much better than Brit's version. I really like THAT song.

But don't you think that Dennis, being a famous songwriter and all, would have a big-ass contract if they used her voice? She would get residuals as well.

Brit has been layering her voice with others from the beginning - just like Paula Abdul and Janet Jackson. I think it's someone like JLo, who would cover up any trace of help from others. She is also cheap. MV's attitude is right in line with how JLo treats cast-offs, like her ex-husbands.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by JE3XX View Post

Don't know why, but if I click on the link, it takes me to hustle4alivin's GR profile...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information