Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ent Lawyer 07/19/11

Gold Member

Wasn't there a blind item already about this and people thought the answer was Bruce Willis? Not that he would fit this one.
    Last edited by pookie207; July 19th, 2011 at 08:01 PM.

Silver Member

I heard about the Jon Voight one too and that's the reason AJ has contacted him recently. If not him then I reckon it's either Hoffman or Pacino

Whenever I see Hoffman interviewed he seems really on top of everything and quite quick. I like the Jack Nicholson guess. I think whoever it is it's very sad.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Is there any info about any Oscar winners with family members who have it or dies from it? Like parents or siblings?
    My grandmother has it, and all 6 of her siblings died from it.

Makes me not look forward to my elder years so much.
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

No clue, but that's very sad. Seems like a terrible disease.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    Is there any info about any Oscar winners with family members who have it or dies from it? Like parents or siblings?
    My grandmother has it, and all 6 of her siblings died from it.

Makes me not look forward to my elder years so much.
    Alzheimers is not fatal.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Oh I was under the impression that it was fatal too, but thankfully it's not something I've had to deal with in my family or anything so I stand corrected. The Jack Nicholson guess sounds like a good one, but whomever it is I feel truly sorry for, it's such an awful disease.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Alzheimers is not fatal.

Actually, it's a common myth that it isn't fatal, Alzheimer's disease is a fatal, progressive brain disorder. I know someone who's husband had early onset in his late 40s, and he probably will not live through his 50s. It's just a terrible disease. Something to check out if you're curious about this:
    Alzheimer's Feared, Misconceptions Common
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

Alzheimers is a form of dementia, it attacks the cognitive and pesonality centers in the brain. Nothing fatal about that.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Alzheimers is a form of dementia, it attacks the cognitive and pesonality centers in the brain. Nothing fatal about that.
    It is different from other forms of dementia in that it attacks the brain to the eventual point of destroying the parts that control basic organ function, for example, breathing, and the final stage is the shutting down of organs, and death.

Most people are given 3-20 years to live when diagnosed depending on the speed of disease progression.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

My Mom's dementia started when she was in her mid-60's, but we saw signs earlier than that. She was violent and completely out of control until she had her stroke. Now, she's our sweet baby with a beautiful smile who is happy all of the time. We believe the stroke saved her life because the dementia would have either killed her or us in having to deal with her.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore0101 View Post
    It is different from other forms of dementia in that it attacks the brain to the eventual point of destroying the parts that control basic organ function, for example, breathing, and the final stage is the shutting down of organs, and death.

Most people are given 3-20 years to live when diagnosed depending on the speed of disease progression.
    i was going to say this same thing - it IS fatal. when you no longer remember how to swallow and breathe, you die. my grandmother has early-onset and got it in her 50s and has been living with it for over 15 years. i am literally scared shitless about my family members or myself getting it. i absolutely will not go through what my grandmother is. i will kill myself first.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yep

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore0101 View Post

My mom had it. Drs told us no one "recovers" from it, so it is terminal. She lived 3 yrs after diagnosis. It does slowly kill brain cells and is a horrible, horrible disease to watch a loved one go through. She got to a point where she was no longer lucid but just stared. Heartbreaking.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information