Login to remove the ads!
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bonus Blind Vice The Sad Tale of Strippa Rip-Ya 08/03/10

Elite Member

^ I have to agree. IMO, Marc has zero personality. JLo has a polarizing personality - there's a lot of you either love her or hate her and plenty of people love her. Definitely "better" than Marc's.

I really thought this was Xtina, but since she's been notted, JLo seems to fit more and more. And yeah, definitely not Fergie.

Wasn't there a bit of an uproar when she used the N word in one of her songs (back when she was dating P Diddy). That could possibly fit the controversial part?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I wouldn't say JLO has ever been a 'controversial household word'. I don't think she was ever that great of a performer either.

*edit* ignore this post. Changed my mind!
    Last edited by Sarzy; August 13th, 2010 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    ^^I disagree. J Lo VERY obviously outshines Marc in the looks department, rather painfully so. In fact, people have made so much of this point through the years that it seems like quite a blatant clue.
    I meant that Fregie Freg is butt ugly compared to Josh Duhamel so that would knock her out of the running, not Jlo and Marc Antony.

Not much more to add, but thought I'd share:

Dear Ted:
    Why doesn't Strippa Rip-Ya's hubby have a B.V. name? Obviously, this describes his vice, being abusive to his wife. Does that mean he already has one in the archives?
    —T

Dear Strippa'd of His Name:
    'Cause, honestly, if Strippa leaves his sorry ass—which, at least at this point, it sadly doesn't look like she'll do—I hope we'll never have to hear of him again. I see no point in giving this loser a moniker. Remember, they're ultimately a compliment!

Read more: Bitch-Back! Did Selena Gomez Nab a Glee Guy? - E! Online

^ That makes it sound like he's only really known for being with Strippa doesn't it? Or am I reading too much into it?

I'm confused by the 'compliment' comment...
    Makes me think it is JLo and Marc since they tour and preform together and most of his 'image' now is wrapped up with her...

Elite Member

^ That makes it sound like he's only really known for being with Strippa doesn't it? Or am I reading too much into it?
    I'm confused by the 'compliment' comment...
    I took the compliment comment to mean that if Ted makes someone a blind vice, he considers them interesting and relevant. Doesn't mean they have to nice, likeable or even talented, but they're well-known and talked about. Better to be a notorious moron than irrelevant.

I don't know what Marc even does these days. Maybe he's still big in latin music/spanish speaking circles, but if he wasn't married to JLo, he would've faded away completely from the limelight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I wouldn't say JLO has ever been a 'controversial household word'. I don't think she was ever that great of a performer either.
    I was thinking the same thing earlier before all the clues but I guess sometimes these blinds stretch the truth to make it less obvious. She was controversial with that cut-down-to-there green dress, and later for her relationship with Diddy that included that nightclub shooting, where it was widely suspected she lied to protect him.

And my initial reaction was that she's nowhere near a great performer either--she never toured because she can't really sing live. But she got a lot of mileage from those videos where Ben Affleck bites her ass and MTV-type performances where she's dressed provocatively and it's widely televised, I guess that counts as show-stopping performances?

Like I said, it's a stretch imo but I think that's how Blinds work a lot of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    I don't know what Marc even does these days. Maybe he's still big in latin music/spanish speaking circles
    Marc is HUGE in latin music. Major.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    Who is Dita von Teese with? Is she married again?

Just an idea. No idea if that's on the money though.
    Single, dating, living on 2 continents with a French count(?) or some such. Rather a nice looking boy. I rather get the opinion that if anything she's the abuser, but thats because of her (previous?) habit of "tempting" married men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    ^^I disagree. J Lo VERY obviously outshines Marc in the looks department, rather painfully so. In fact, people have made so much of this point through the years that it seems like quite a blatant clue.

And, although she is a diva, true, she hasn't ever been TOTALLY disliked as far as I've heard. Moreover, Ted didn't say this person has a NICER personality, just a "better" one. Well hell, J Lo does. She CAN be charming and ingratiating and is undeniably charismatic. Morever, she knows how to smile and does it frequently.

Whereas, I've never seen or heard anything that makes Marc Anthony appear anything better than a skeletal, rat-faced, sullen, sour-looking mutant Chihuahua.

I'd say they are still in the running.

Dear Ted:
    I don't agree with your decision to not give a moniker to Strippa Rip-Ya's abuser. You have an army of readers on high alert for details about our favorite suspect's behavior. Just what Strippa needs: the stress of our guessing games. I say, shift this focus from Strippa onto her abuser. Let him worry about the Bitch-Back comments. Let him stay up at night wondering if all those brains finally put it all together. Let him feel the gaze of all those eyes watching his every move. Let him have to answer questions and issue denials. Instead of making her life worse, make his life worse. Give this abuser a B.V. name and let him suffer the consequences of his own actions. Shame him, not her.
    —Amelia

Dear Rip-Ya to Pieces:
    OK, his name is Caesar Anchovy-Arse and he sometimes smells like he looks.

Read more: Bitch-Back! Is the Robsten Lip-Lock the Real Deal? - E! Online

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Dear Rip-Ya to Pieces:
    OK, his name is Caesar Anchovy-Arse and he sometimes smells like he looks.
    Hmm... Caesar... Marc Anthony... it does seem to fit.

Has Ted been asked yet of Strippa is J.Lo?

^^He hasn't ruled her out to my knowledge!

Bronze Member

Marcus Antonius has been outed.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information