Thread: Entertainment Lawyer

Silver Member

Default Entertainment Lawyer

alt.gossip.celebrities | Google Groups

I stumbled across this going through the old AGC logs.

Read the posts by "Ambrose", posts # 1 and 6. Does this read extremely similar in style to Enty to anyone else? All the flourishes and random comments, especially the ones in the second post regarding the ex.

This is from an old blog (2004) so I wonder if this is where they first posted, testing the waters before they started a blog.

Looks like that poster stopped posting at that forum around 8/2005. EL was created 11/2006.

Other GR members would know better than me. Maybe you are on to something.....

Hmmm, interesting. I used to frequent AGC and I remember Ambrose. I'm pretty sure he even had his picture (or supposedly a picture of him) posted on a webpage where regulars could put their pictures.

I do see the similarities in their writing so you could be onto something.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Good find.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Wow, good find indeed! I remember Ambrose from AGC as well. There was good stuff in AGC but I like GR better.

Bronze Member

According to the link below, Dominique Swain is a contrbutor to this site. Is it possible that ent lawyer is really an out of work actress/actor?

Crazy Days and Nights: ZX Update-Yes ZX Is Dominique Swain

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Linne View Post
    Wow, good find indeed! I remember Ambrose from AGC as well. There was good stuff in AGC but I like GR better.

I have a photo of Ambrose, and he is the exact opposite physically of EL...but EL could be a persona. Ambrose was a terrific writer...so it's possible....he could really spin a yarn, and he did seem to have a lot of outer fringe contacts.

BTW, I started AGC 11 years ago...and now it sucks! I agree, I like GR better.

Billie

^^Wow, I hadn't realized you started AGC, Billie! That's cool. I remember you from over there (I mostly lurked, though).

Keepers, LCM, Pink Princess...good times.

I can't remember now why I stopped reading - did it get taken over by trolls?
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Maybe Dominique Swain could be EL's famous AR. The actress who gives him all of the inside info.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    ^^Wow, I hadn't realized you started AGC, Billie! That's cool. I remember you from over there (I mostly lurked, though).

Keepers, LCM, Pink Princess...good times.

I can't remember now why I stopped reading - did it get taken over by trolls?
    I would say within the last 3 years it has been taken over by trolls and in-fighting. The in-fighting just got so personal that a lot of the regulars just gave up. It was so much fun when it started, but since it's USENET, there's no way to control it. That's what I love about GR....it's controlled, and there are some really great posters here...and great guessers for the blind items! I have 4 sights I automatically open every morning, my email, my yahoo group, tiny url, and here..then I go from there.

Billie

Did EL ever give any more clues or reveal the HIV + singer? I've been wondering about that and didn't know where to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Did EL ever give any more clues or reveal the HIV + singer? I've been wondering about that and didn't know where to ask.
    Not really. But on his 'reveal' day he wrote 'p.s she's british' at the end of one of his posts. Most people took that to mean the HIV singer.

Quote Originally Posted by pusssykatt View Post
    I would say within the last 3 years it has been taken over by trolls and in-fighting. The in-fighting just got so personal that a lot of the regulars just gave up. It was so much fun when it started, but since it's USENET, there's no way to control it. That's what I love about GR....it's controlled, and there are some really great posters here...and great guessers for the blind items! I have 4 sights I automatically open every morning, my email, my yahoo group, tiny url, and here..then I go from there.

Billie
    It's too bad that AGC went down the tubes like that - it was so much fun. Thank goodness for GR. I agree that having things moderated a bit makes it much more enjoyable. I used to argue that Usenet was better than message boards because it wasn't as controlled...until all my favourite newsgroups got taken over by trolls!

Thread Information