Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lainey Blind Item 07/31/08 - Unpaid Bills

Default Lainey Blind Item 07/31/08 - Unpaid Bills

Unpaid Bills

You’d think they’d be liquid, you know? Flush from the funds of so many different projects, across so many different mediums, by so many different sources.

But that’s the thing with celebrities. They’re richer than we are, to be sure, but some of them really aren’t THAT rich, especially when you factor in the lifestyle. Being not that rich isn’t a problem. Being not that rich and not paying your bills is a big problem. Being not that rich, not paying your bills, but still spending your balls off is a huge problem.

So they have projects around the house. Some construction here, some wiring there, installations, renovations...it never stops. It never stops because they keep having to hire new people. Inevitably the invoice will arrive, they won’t be able to pay it, so they end up calling someone else to finish the job. They don’t pay those people either.

How f&cking ghetto, non???

Like people who keep taking out credit card after credit card? Only these assholes are wealthy! They have jobs! They earn celebrity salaries!

Which means they’re too stupid to manage their finances and too cheap to figure out their finances before satisfying their non-urgent, vanity-motivated projects at the expense, literally, of labourers and small business owners who trusted the wrong millionaires.

Slowly but surely, they’ve pretty much exhausted the entire contracting community in town, verging on blacklist, and are now several hundred thousand dollars in the hole to several companies in Hollywood. Word is they’re facing legal action, and even a lien on their property...

Probably the reason behind the new round of exploitation. They need the cash.

But do we still care?

A few years ago, before everyone and their eyebrow stylist had a reality show, it was a novel concept. Now? Now they’re totally almost irrelevant – the proof in that lies in a deal one of them tried to strike with the paps recently.

She needed cash so badly, she arranged for some “candids” in exchange for a few quid. Unfortunately her images weren’t selling and the photographers cut her off.

Shame!

Word is, even Phoebe Price out-earns her...

In this economy, how will they ever recover?

Unpaid Bills
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Silver Member

My first guess is Tori Spelling and . . . her husband, whatever his name is. K-Fed Jr., Lainey calls him.

Gold Member

I was going to guess JLo & Marc with the multiple types of projects, exploitation (twins photospread) and talk of a reality show, but she seems to indicate the couple is Hollywood based.

ETA: Tori and Dean might fit, plus doesn't Lainey hate them? It's always useful to consider who Lainey has insulted in the past (e.g., Brendan Fraser).

I like the J-Lo/Skeletor guess too.

Bronze Member

I was thinking JLo when reading this but the Tori Spelling guess is good too.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

Elite Member

Tori & Dean were my first thought. They bought a house and did some renovations on their show. She now is pimping a kids planner to schedule playdates as well as another book coming up about motherhood.

Plus she has that tacky line of jewelry on QVC. I see her working a ton, can't say the same for her husband.

Completely unfounded but the first names that popped into my head were Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony.

But are they renovating their home?

Photos of Jlo would sell though wouldn't they? She's not gone that unpopular.

This is title of the upcoming episode of their reality show...

Reading, Writing and Renovations
    Tori's health issues hold up renovating the house; Tori and Dean look for a preschool for Liam.

I think it could be them...

Tori Spelling and Dean McDouche is a good guess.

I just wonder about the 'quid' reference. Could the blind be about someone British? Or the photos in question were bought by a British tab? It says both work, does McDouchebag work?

^^ Yeah "liquid" and "flush" stood out to me, too.
    I think J. Lo's way more loaded than Tori so this prob fits Tori and McDouche (LOL) better.

Gosh, I think this is Jlo and Marc.

So many of the comments made me think it was: how ghetto, vanity, how pictures were just taken 'candidly' of them in Italy or wherever, Jlo has a perfume/clothing line, just so many different things made me think them. And wasn't there talk of them doing a reality show???? But didn't work out?

I thought there was a recent EL blind item about a couple with money problems. And for that one, it sounded pretty much like JLo & Marc. Maybe EL & Lainey are getting info from different sources on the same problem?

I really think this points to JLo. No one ever thought she would do a reality show, but she is.

The "quid" and "candids" are totally British-speak.

Peter and Jordan?

Can't think of any other UK couples this might fit at the moment...

Any US couples been 'cross the pond lately or been in UK rags?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information