Like Tree26Likes
  • 7 Post By Sarzy
  • 10 Post By Serendipity
  • 1 Post By fgg
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 3 Post By Waterslide
  • 2 Post By lindsaywhit
  • 1 Post By czb

Thread: Naomie Harris Says That a "Huge Star" Sexually Assaulted Her During an Audition

Default Naomie Harris Says That a "Huge Star" Sexually Assaulted Her During an Audition

Naomie Harris Says That A “Huge Star” Sexually Assaulted Her During An Audition

October 12, 2019 / Posted by: J Harvey

In an interview with The Guardian (via Page Six), James Bond’s current Miss Moneypenny, Oscar-nominated Naomie Harris, says that she was once sexually assaulted by an A-list actor during an audition. She also says that the director of said film didn’t do shit beyond probably yelling “cut” and then asking Naomie if she could act like she’s a little more into it.
    Naomie Harris is a 43-year-old woman who works in showbiz so, of course, she’s got a story about some entitled sex pest acting like a perverted dickhead.
    “I was in an audition and he put his hand up my skirt,” said the Oscar nominee, without naming names. “What was so shocking about it was the casting director was there and the director, and of course no one said anything at all because he was – he is – such a huge star.”
    If she’s talking about Daniel Craig, I’m going to punch him in the nuts for ruining that Bond-walking-out-of-the-ocean-in-those-blue-trunks scene forever for me and countless others.
    And, like every other working female in Hollywood and its surrounding environs with the exception of maybe Lindsay Lohan, she’s happy that #MeToo and the Time’s Up movement have made it a little more difficult for pervs to perv.
    Of the recent shift in Hollywood in the wake of the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements, the “Skyfall” star said: “Men know that they absolutely cannot get away with things now that they wouldn’t even have thought about before.”
    And if Time’s Up and #MeToo HADN’T changed shit, it would have been unsightly if several big-name types were suddenly walking around bearing stumps where their fingers used to be after Naomie had to start keeping bear traps under her skirt just to get through a damn audition.
    Pic:Wenn.com
    https://dlisted.com/2019/10/12/naomi...g-an-audition/

A lot of people are guessing Daniel Craig, but I'm going to guess Jamie Foxx.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

This could be lots of people. It was for an audition so it doesn't mean it was necessarily a job she got.
    Trixie, Tati, Lalasnake and 4 others like this.

Yep, I thought of that, too...
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I wonder if it was Michael Fassbender...rumored to be into black women and somewhat abusive...
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

While I think every victim has the right to speak out, I do feel uncomfortable in situations like this where there's room for speculation and finger pointing at the possible perpetrator because a name isn't mentioned. That stuff sticks, and innocent people become classed as sex offenders on the off chance it was them. Not saying that happens here, no harm in taking a guess, but some people take it seriously and are adamant they're right with no valid proof. Just doesn't seem fair.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

fgg

"The actress, now 43, told The Guardian the incident occurred when she was in her 20s."

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/11/naomi...g-an-audition/

in the original article, she said this happened in her 20s so who knows who it might be.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I hate to say this, but if I were going strictly by the information she has given, the movie would be "After the Sunset" and the huge star would be Woody Harrelson.

Harris was still in her 20's - 28
    Harris had a love scene with Harrelson - which might explain the circumstances of the audition
    The director was Brett Ratner - who has horrible reputation in this regard and would definitely be believable as asking if she could look like she was a little more into it.
    Novice and Brookie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    While I think every victim has the right to speak out, I do feel uncomfortable in situations like this where there's room for speculation and finger pointing at the possible perpetrator because a name isn't mentioned. That stuff sticks, and innocent people become classed as sex offenders on the off chance it was them. Not saying that happens here, no harm in taking a guess, but some people take it seriously and are adamant they're right with no valid proof. Just doesn't seem fair.
    I agree with all that. That's why I kind of took a break from reading some blind item sites. I used to love blinds but they got really ugly and you have people walking around truly believing, without any evidence, that certain celebs have murdered, raped, etc. Even some of the ones about celebs being victimized are horrible because if someone went through something traumatic and chooses not to share it with the world, that's there business. I guess I feel this board is safe place to throw around some names because I trust that the majority of the people here can differentiate between guessing and blindly believing.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I hate to say this, but if I were going strictly by the information she has given, the movie would be "After the Sunset" and the huge star would be Woody Harrelson.

Harris was still in her 20's - 28
    Harris had a love scene with Harrelson - which might explain the circumstances of the audition
    The director was Brett Ratner - who has horrible reputation in this regard and would definitely be believable as asking if she could look like she was a little more into it.
    That's a good guess. My Jamie Foxx guess would be a little late, but she would have still been in her 20s.

Woody Harrelson would track for me - he's known to be a dog who thinks he's all that and entitled. I never ran in to him myself, but have heard more than one second-hand horror story. He may have cleaned his act up, but at the time he was definitely on the coke train, and while that might explain some of it, it doesn't excuse a thing.
    Brookie and Sassiness like this.

czb

i saw woody when he worked out in my old gym ... he would go there when he visited SF. he was a creeper. he's smaller than you would imagine and he stares. just yucky.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Thread Information