Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Singer Sues Over Alleged Sexual Assault When She Was 14

fgg

Default Singer Sues Over Alleged Sexual Assault When She Was 14

A singer has just filed a lawsuit claiming she was sexually molested when she was just 14 by her producer/agent/mentor.

The lawsuit does not mention the name of the girl or the alleged perpetrator. It claims she recorded an album in 2005 when she was 14, and she was signed to a 7-album deal. The lawsuit claims the entertainment company she worked with is "one of the most beloved, best-known and most valuable companies in the history of the world."

She says she was introduced to a man who was assigned to be her day-to-day producer/mentor/agent.

She says he became very controlling and the relationship changed. She claims in the lawsuit he began telling her he loved her and they were soulmates. She says he also made negative comments about her looks and weight.

She says he would rub and fondle her genitals and her body, digitally penetrate her and he would orally copulate her and forced her to do the same to him. She also claims they had intercourse, both vaginally and anally. On one occasion she claims she was drugged before anal intercourse.

She claims the man spent a significant amount of time with her mom to "groom" her.

The girl says the sexual abuse continued for 2 years ... on occasion at Staples Center, a music video set on the Warner Bros. lot, hotels, cars on public streets and other places.

She's suing the alleged perpetrator, along with people she claims were enablers.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/14/singe...en-she-was-14/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Gross, but this probably happens so often that it's depressing.

A quick google of 28-year-old female singers gave me Taylor Swift, and that JoJo girl I barely remember. Selena Gomez is 27.

Actually, the person who dated Wilmer Valderrama for a while works better. Debut album around the same age cited. Had a Disney show for 2 years. Famous for being in rehab. Not Lindsay Lohan.

Demi Lovato? I thought of her too but her age didn't quite work, she's 26 so she would've been 12 in 2005. And her first album shows a 2008 release, so unless it was shelved for 3 years that doesn't fit either.

It's difficult to tell because they often have stage ages.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Demi Lovato? I thought of her too but her age didn't quite work, she's 26 so she would've been 12 in 2005. And her first album shows a 2008 release, so unless it was shelved for 3 years that doesn't fit either.
    I agree now. The date of first album - even the non-solo Camp Rock one that got her discovered - came out in 2008. I see in the TMZ comments people are furiously arguing Swift vs Levesque, with Jordan Pruitt a distant third. Pruitt matches pretty well (released an album in 2006 when she was 15, worked for Disney, and has even written a book on surviving abuse.

What company is 'beloved'?

I don't think this is Taylor - weren't her parents pretty much all over everything in a protective way? On the other hand, the fact that there are, at this point, no names, makes me wonder if it is Taylor.

Who ever it is, proud she is strong enough to file

This should be easy to figure out - how many 14 year olds sign 7 record deals. Motown is beloved...anyone there?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I bet its Jojo. There were ALWAYS rumors of her getting passed around as a young teen, and she is exactly the right age since she was born in 1990 and would have turned 15 in December of 2005.

Here is a list of the "producers she worked with on the album in question.

The High Road (album)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to searchThis article is about the JoJo album. For other uses, see The High Road (disambiguation).
    The High Road
    Studio album by JoJo
    Released October 17, 2006
    Recorded 20052006
    Studio
    Various[show]
    Genre
    Length 44:27
    Label
    Producer
    Various[show]
    JoJo chronology
    JoJo
    (2004)
    The High Road
    (2006)
    Can't Take That Away from Me
    (2010)
    Alternative cover
    2018 reissue cover
    Singles from The High Road

1. "Too Little Too Late"
      Released: July 24, 2006
    2. "How to Touch a Girl"
      Released: November 14, 2006
    3. "Anything"
      Released: March 20, 2007

The High Road is the second studio album by American singer JoJo. It was released on October 17, 2006, by Da Family Entertainment, Blackground Records, and Universal Motown Records. Recording sessions for the album took place between late 2005 and mid-2006 in California, New York City, Miami, and Atlanta. Several special editions of the album were marketed in different countries, featuring three bonus tracks that were released simultaneously alongside the 12-track standard edition. JoJo co-wrote two out of the 15 tracks on the album.

Recording sessions for the album begun after JoJo completed filming Aquamarine, with over 30 songs being recorded for the album. While recording the album, JoJo worked with many producers, such as Scott Storch, Sean Garrett, Swizz Beatz, Josh Alexander, Billy Steinberg, Vincent Herbert, J.R. Rotem, Beau Dozier and Ryan Leslie as well as others, to handle production for the album. Amongst those included is a track titled "Anything", which heavily samples Toto's 1982 song "Africa". Lyrical themes involve relationships, young love, break-ups, forgiveness, self-acceptance, and faith. It features an eclectic array of styles, such as pop, alternative rock, and hip hop soul.
    Waterslide likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I don't think Motown is as well-known or valuable ("in the history of the world") as Disney. From what I'm reading, Motown has not even been an independent corporate entity in a while - it's a division of Universal or something. And Universal itself has only a little over 1/10th the annual revenue of Disney.

Swifty was born in '89 so she was 16 in 2005. Can't find much about her being a recording artist but Jamie Lynn Spears was also 14 in 2005. Jojo fits most of the clues pretty well, if I had to guess I would guess it's her.

Taylor was born in December and google said she is 29, so I included her but I still mathed wrong. She would have been 15 for most of 2005.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

czb

well, since it is a BI it wouldn't surprise me if the ages/dates were off a tad.

i would be surprised if it were taylor. like others mentioned, she was well-chaperoned.

Yah I don’t see this being about Taylor.
    czb, lindsaywhit and Kittylady like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information