Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Which Star Agreed To Go Topless To Get Film Funding?

Bronze Member

Default Which Star Agreed To Go Topless To Get Film Funding?

Which superstar performer with her own production company could only get funding and distribution for her pet project, thinking it could nab her an academy award, by agreeing to go topless in a sex scene in the film?
    After she did the scene however, she changed her mind and cut it out of the film. The distributors then refused to release the film, and it sat on the shelf for years before finally being given a straight-to-video release years later.
    She was totally embarrassed, thinking straight-to-video was completely beneath her as she was too big a star!

Madge I hope.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Like Madge would ever cut a topless scene. You have to pay her to keep them covered!

Okay, I think I've got it. "Tully" - stars Charlize Theron. And her company Denver and Delilah produced. She is one of the producers in the credits. Made in 2016, and she actually got some nominations. Had release problems, though, and was finally released as a digital download in 2018. One of the reasons Theron may have changed her mind about the scene was because she had gained 50 pounds for the role.
    Brookie, Annika, BITTER and 4 others like this.

Good job Mo!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Like Madge would ever cut a topless scene. You have to pay her to keep them covered!

Okay, I think I've got it. "Tully" - stars Charlize Theron. And her company Denver and Delilah produced. She is one of the producers in the credits. Made in 2016, and she actually got some nominations. Had release problems, though, and was finally released as a digital download in 2018. One of the reasons Theron may have changed her mind about the scene was because she had gained 50 pounds for the role.
    Well, yeah, and she talked to Brad about it....

Just from the trailer that Tully movie looked like a steaming pile of crap I wouldn't watch even on Netflix.
    czb and Waterslide like this.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

You win!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

You are not going to believe this, but "Tully" was on last night. I don't know what channel it was. It was a pretty bleak movie about a mom of two, and a son on the autism spectrum, who becomes unexpectedly pregnant with a third child. Ron Livingston plays the husband. Anyway, after the third child is born, all kinds of crap hits the fan, including the son being asked to go to a special school. Theron's brother offers to pay for a night nanny and she finally takes him up on it. The nanny is quirky but becomes almost like a second soul mate. There is a big plot twist at the end.

Theron clearly gained a huge amount of weight for the role. Still had a gorgeous face, but was big everywhere. Looked like she went up to at least a C cup, too. I missed a couple of scenes. However, there was supposedly a threesome in the movie and that must have been the scene in question.
    Waterslide and denny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Just from the trailer that Tully movie looked like a steaming pile of crap I wouldn't watch even on Netflix.
    Just from the movie poster I don't want to watch it. But thankfully Mo made that sacrifice for all of us. Off to find the trailer.

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I would have also guessed Lady Gaga as it said superstar performer and hoping for an academy award. But I'm to lazy now to actually google for any film projects.

And how sad this reality: it is only profitable if it includes sex or nudity with fuckable-looking actors. I hate this.
    “You think I look like like a clown?” Kourtney shot back. “Well, you look you just won the Tour de France and you’re cycling around town.”

i tried to watch Tully on an international flight and got to a point where i thought - this is so depressing and can't possibly teach me anything or end well so i left it. Now, had i known about the 3-some!?!
    sprynkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bootspaige View Post
    i tried to watch Tully on an international flight and got to a point where i thought - this is so depressing and can't possibly teach me anything or end well so i left it. Now, had i known about the 3-some!?!
    That's kind of how I missed it, too. It's actually pretty dreary in a lot of spots. So, I would turn away from the channel it was on to watching something else for a few minutes. Even though I think that Theron is a VERY good actor and put in a good performance here, she plays a lot of characters who are not especially sympathetic.
    bootspaige likes this.

I loved Theron in Young Adult. Hated her character but she was so pathetic I loved her.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I loved Theron in Young Adult. Hated her character but she was so pathetic I loved her.
    Diablo Cody wrote the screenplay for both movies ("Tully" and "Young Adult"). Cody's movies are almost like European films in that they are always independent and character driven and don't feature a team of superheroes solving everyone's problems.

Diablo Cody wrote the screenplay for both movies ("Tully" and "Young Adult"). Cody's movies are almost like European films in that they are always independent and character driven and don't feature a team of superheroes solving everyone's problems.
    Diablo used to post on another board I'm on. As soon as she won her Oscar, that was the end of talking with us lowlife types.
    MohandasKGanja and Waterslide like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information