• 3 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 4 Post By NoNoRehab
  • 4 Post By Kittylady
  • 1 Post By Katia

Thread: Cdan: 06/10/18

Bronze Member

Default Cdan: 06/10/18

Reader BI about someone famous who was abused at school.

Whats truly disturbing about this is that it could literally be dozens of British actors. So many of them went to the same boarding schools. And so many of the schools had abuse scandals.
    Last edited by SeeSaw; June 13th, 2018 at 01:58 PM.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

This makes me extremely uncomfortable. Nobody who is a victim of abuse should be 'outed', especially not to provide some salacious website hits. This is their tale to tell, if they choose to tell it at all.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

You need to post the actual text of the blind if you can.

Blind Item #6 - Reader Blind Item

A Brit Actor most well known for playing Americans on TV was horrifically abused at his famously elite boarding school as a barely pubescent kid, he was singled out and tortured psychologically, sexually and physically.

One of the abusers in question was a violent sadist, an authority figure and powerful member of government. His activities were covered up by the school for years and continued even after he stopped officially working there. He wasn't the only one but he was the worst.

That abuser fled the country after it got too hot for him and began working in a 3rd world nation with children again “Charitable work” He was investigated in that country for murder. But the case mysteriously collapsed and he got away with it.

If you look at this actor's performances over the years there is a common theme of abuse, gaslighting and stockholm syndrome relationships with manipulative older men running through his role choices.

He also, wherever possible, works with female producers, directors and show runners because his relationships with men in authority are so fraught he prefers to collaborate with women.

He’s a lot less screwed up than he could be given his history and seems to have finally found a stable and happy life for himself far away from his home country. With the help of his spouse and a good therapist.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Kirk Douglas!
    Daphodil, SeeSaw and Waterslide like this.

Shimmy!

Gary Oldman? Anthony Hopkins?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Brian Cox plays a lot of Americans on TV. And a manipulative mogul on "Succession". This is kind of a silly blind because there are a lot of possible guesses (who in that generation DIDN'T go to boarding school) and you would be outing a sexual abuse victim.
    Waterslide likes this.

CDAN has gone very downhill since Enty supposedly gave it over to someone else. Now it's a collection of these "reader BIs" which aren't vetted at all (and some of which the writers admitted in the comments were fanfiction).
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Brian Cox plays a lot of Americans on TV. And a manipulative mogul on "Succession". This is kind of a silly blind because there are a lot of possible guesses (who in that generation DIDN'T go to boarding school) and you would be outing a sexual abuse victim.
    Definitely. Even in "this" generation, most Brit actors have been through public (our people call them private) boarding schools. This could be anybody. Most guesses are in their 40s from what I saw.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Definitely. Even in "this" generation, most Brit actors have been through public (our people call them private) boarding schools. This could be anybody. Most guesses are in their 40s from what I saw.
    There's a lot of bad to be said about how the working class have been shut out of acting in Britain in favour of posh boys and girls playing poor. https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...ass-actors-sad

The abuser appears to be John Smyth, QC.

http://https://www.telegraph.co.uk/n...at-five-years/

I can't copy the article, but maybe someone with a brain can do so. It's a stunning and disturbing article.

A*O

School = Eton
    Actor = Damian Lewis
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post

I can't copy the article, but maybe someone with a brain can do so. It's a stunning and disturbing article.
    It's showing as a dead link to me.

But I still stand by my initial comment that writing BI's that 'out' someone as a victim of childhood sexual abuse are wrong on every level. There's plenty enough people in Hollyweird who are deserving of being outed for their own behaviour (Cosby and Weinstein are the tip of the iceberg, without a doubt) without sinking to the level of exposing people who have already been horribly victimised already and are unwilling or unable to speak out themselves.
    Waterslide, Tati, Angeli and 1 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post

I usually just lurk, but maybe I can help
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...at-five-years/
    lindsaywhit likes this.

^ Nicely done - thank you!

Thread Information