Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No More Favours

Bronze Member

Default No More Favours

No More Favours

He was down and out a few years ago, far from the clout he currently wields on and off screen, willing and able to do anything - anything - to land a role. One evening, a chance encounter with an elite very well regarded, very gay Hollywood player who made some promises with one condition: let me give pleasure, you enjoy, and I'll hook you up (a move he works quite often). Apparently, when you're trying to find work, being on the oral receiving end of things doesn't constitute homo.

Off they go and they finish, they part ways, the giver gets to boast of his pretty conquest, news of which travels far and wide, while the receiver scored a decent role or two, nothing exciting, he keeps working at it, the big break comes, and ta da - he's finally back in the game. And then very recently, they run into each other, at which point the benefactor expresses interest in a quick revisit, perhaps a thank you for the kickstart?

Needless to say, fame and success put things in a much different perspective. On this occasion, he not only refused the advance, he did so alarmingly loudly, acting as though the previous trade-off never happened. Very defensive, feigning injury, insulted at the suggestion, to the embarrassment not only of the person making the request, but also his publicist who spends way too much time deflecting the rumours to begin with.

laineygossip

*I am not certain, I am not picking up clues..Tom Cruise seems so obvious as the gay deflector...or John Travolta as his career was non exsistant for some time until Pulp Fiction...
    "I'm just not ready to be photographed with you"
    ~Supposedly Fabian Basabe~

i was thinking tom cruise...but it seems too obvious.

Cruise's career has been strong for some time - but you're right, Travolta did have quite a lull there for a while... and it does say "he's finally back in the game". Sounds like someone making a comeback, rather than a newcomer.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Keanu Reeves and David Geffen...?

I wonder if it might be Cruise, because earlier in Lainey's column in the article about Tom Cruise's new deal with that David guy to release films or whatever - she's titled it "Sugar Daddy for Daddy Sci" - where does sugar daddy come it to it - yeah this Redskins boss obviously has cash, but is he really a sugar daddy? Doesn't that suggest a sexual favour between the two?
    i think that's a clue.

Not that this David guy is giving him anything/asking for anything, but referring to Tom having a sugar daddy as a hint to the blind item...

Nope, I'm going to go with:

1st choice: Patrick Dempsey
    2nd: Keifer Sutherland
    3rd: Jeremy Piven

Elite Member

Wentworth Miller

Silver Member

This is a good one. I have no clue. A comeback kid with plenty of clout onscreen and off. I guess meaning he is a starring vehicle but also makes decisions or deals for movies/television. Travlolta has no clout now. Patrick Dempsey strikes me as the type, but I don't think he has any real clout. I don't think The Piv has ever really been out of work. Seems like he is always working on something. And not my precious Keanu. He would never! I really have no clue.

Hmmm.....

Travolta certainly seems to fit. But, I suck at these and always will.

How about Johnny Depp? He was never considered "big" in Hollywood before Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Johnny Depp seems very un-gay! lol.

Update from Lainey:

Last Word

Colin Farrell, Hugh Jackman, Matt Dillon, Jake Gyllenhaal - none of them have received for a favour . You will note they all have a common thread, a thread the receiver does not share

So they all have something in common that the receiver doesn't? Brown hair? I'm so bad at this...

Is the common thread that they've all been plagued with the 'is he gay' rumours?

Because that would mean, the blind is about a guy who no one suspects would be homosexual.

Matthew McConaughey? The first role was Dazed and Confused... I don't know what he did for a while but now he's in a bunch of (relatively successful) movies. I really don't think he's gay though.

Patrick Dempsey is probably the best suggestion I've seen though.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information