• 2 Post By Beeyotch
  • 1 Post By fgg
  • 3 Post By lindsaywhit
  • 1 Post By Wisher

Thread: 3/10/14 Lainey Blind-His ups and downs

mjw
    Elite Member

Default 3/10/14 Lainey Blind-His ups and downs

It’s hard to stay up. Every time he’s gone up, he’s always come back down. It was thought that that was only because he was young. And now, with children and a devoted wife, he was supposed to be able to hold it together. So far, sure, but just barely.

There were signs before Christmas but during the holidays, he injured his back on a ski trip. This was not widely disclosed and kept out of the press. Painkillers were prescribed. The big movie was pushed back. Cocktails were consumed in combination at events. No one remembers he actually went to rehab several years ago. Still, so far, he’s functioning. And things are great with his wife. She really tries to take care of him but she’s not always with him. When he’s out on his own, it gets messy. There have been times lately where he’s been so drunk, he’s the dude passed out on the couch when everyone else has gone home. Either that or he’s the dude who’s all over the tall, attractive model type at the Oscar party that his wife decided to skip. Oh yeah, that happened. It keeps happening. They were talking nose to nose. He gave her the full charm. A “later on” was definitely implied, while everyone around him just shrugged. Because it’s not the first time and it’s not the last time and it’s the secret they’re all expected to keep. Not because he doesn’t love the mother of his children, because he does, he really, really does. But between the pills and the alcohol, he’s losing control of that side of himself that’s been held in check for too long.

His ups and downs blind riddle|Lainey Gossip Entertainment Update
    Last edited by mjw; March 10th, 2014 at 09:18 AM.

Bronze Member

My guess is Ben Affleck. He went to rehab in 2001 for alcohol addiction, no one ever mentions it.
    Waterslide likes this.

Bronze Member

And there's this: Jennifer Garner joins Ben Affleck at Oscars Vanity Fair party after presenting|Lainey Gossip Entertainment Update "You remember when he presented at another award show a couple of months ago Ė was it the SAGs? Ė and seemed Östoned? Look at his eyes. He looks really, really, really tired. Keep that in your back pocket for now, ok? Iíll hit you up on this soon and I want you to remember it." He does look like shit.

But the blind item says his wife skipped the after party. Jennifer didn't.
    McJag likes this.

Bronze Member

There were many after parties. Maybe she went home after the VF one and he continued to party without her.

Also, this: According to my sources, Ben Affleck has sustained an injury, and as a resultBatman vs. Superman production has been pushed back six weeks. The crew was informed of that decision earlier this week, and told they’ll be on hiatus for about a month. Update: A second and third source tells me that Affleck injured his ribs, not his leg as previously reported. All three sources confirmed that the injury occurred during a skiing accident around Christmas time.

Hit By Ban Bus!

This is totally Ben Affleck. He needs to grow the f&ck up, act like a man who has a family, and stop embarrassing himself by chasing strange at parties. What an immature little douche.
    Wisher likes this.

Some guys aren't interested in ever growing up, they're just pussyhounds, they're gonna chase strange no matter what, they don't care.
    ShilohJulia and Wisher like this.

I figured she means Affleck. That's too bad, I hope he can get sober and they work things out. They seem like a real couple.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Bronze Member

Ben Affleck dismounts his car in unsexy way maybe his back hurts|Lainey Gossip Entertainment Update

Look, he appears to be experiencing some discomfort, back pain. Oh, well, did he hurt his back?

If so, what do you think he’s taking for it? Just Robax, I’m sure, ahem. Nothing stronger, hell no, f-ck no.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by sjelle View Post
    My guess is Ben Affleck. He went to rehab in 2001 for alcohol addiction, no one ever mentions it.
    ding ding ding!

Ben & Lindsay try to counter

What’s most fascinating, at least to me, about this situation, is how certain media outlets are covering the Ben Affleck-Lindsay Shookus-Jennifer Garner story. As you know, PEOPLE’s been all over the cheating angle, going into their files from a few years ago to report that Ben and Lindsay were checking each other as early as 2013 after the after-party for The Heat in New York and reporting that it was a full-blown affair, but also careful to cite sources close to Ben who insist that their relationship only became a relationship just recently.

E! News meanwhile is firmly on the “no cheating” side, maintaining that Ben and Lindsay only started after they separated from their respective spouses. Would that have anything to do with the fact that Justice League comes out in 4 months and that E! News will need access to Ben on that press tour?

The word I’ve been using to describe Ben the last few days is “messy”. Even when he thinks he’s getting it right, it gets messy. Imagine how this should have rolled out from his perspective. He’s been clean a few months. He’s ready to go public with his new girlfriend. And she’s not a 20 year old. She’s 37, a mother, divorced, with a good job. In his mind, I wonder if he was like… what could they possibly pop off on me for this time? Welllll….

He may have considered the possible media angle but I’m not sure he considered the ex-wife angle. As I mentioned the other day, this isn’t reading like Jennifer Garner was given the heads up that he was about to introduce Lindsay to the world. And if that’s the case, now we’re seeing the results of that.

But it’s not like Ben doesn’t have resources himself. So he’s putting them to use. PEOPLE has a new story up on their site this morning that’s all about Lindsay Shookus. According to their sources:

“She isn’t someone who would have been reckless. She’s really down to earth and centered. [The relationship] has got to be something that she felt was worth risking a lot for.”

Also:

Another insider has said Shookus’ marriage “didn’t end over infidelity,” and this source echoes that: “The impression I always got was that she and her husband had been unhappy for a while” by the time they split in 2014. “It was clear she was heartbroken about it and that she felt tremendous regret that things couldn’t be worked out.”

Shookus has been a rising star at SNL, starting as an assistant and working her way to the top, managing the celebrity hosts and scouting talent. (Affleck is a five-time host of SNL and last appeared on the show in May 2013.) Show creator Lorne Michaels “loves her,” says another source.

Given her high-powered position, she also isn’t one to be starstruck.

“She’s just not the kind of girl who is likely to have her head turned by fame,” says the first source of Shookus. “She’s come into contact with people more famous than Ben.”
    Adds the source, “She isn’t someone who does things without thinking them through.”

So to recap: Lindsay Shookus is not a famewhore because she’s not easily impressed by celebrities, and she’s also not a Sienna Miller type, she isn’t one to make rash, impetuous decisions because she’s down to earth and centred.

Oh, is that the game you want to play? The Down To Earth and Centred Game? Against Jennifer f-cking Garner?!? Good luck.

You know what else is hilarious?

These quotes from these sources are meant to present Lindsay as a grounded person with good judgment – and in this case, that good judgment is being applied to… BEN AFFLECK.

Here’s a guy who may or may not have been allegedly cheating on his wife with a producer on Saturday Night Live…AND… who may or may not have been cheating on his wife AND his mistress with the nanny, Chrissy O.

This is very good judgment, I guess?

Bonus: if you’ve been reading this site a while, you might remember a blind riddle from 2014. It was about an actor at an Oscar party without his wife who was all over a “tall, attractive model type”. Coincidence or conspiracy?

Ben Affleck and Lindsay Shookus try to counter cheating rumours with positive story in PEOPLE
    Wisher likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Some guys aren't interested in ever growing up, they're just pussyhounds, they're gonna chase strange no matter what, they don't care.
    Isn't that the truth! And Affleck is no stranger to 'pussyhounding' around on his wife among other things. He is a douche of the highesst caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    ding ding ding!

Ben & Lindsay try to counter

What’s most fascinating, at least to me, about this situation, is how certain media outlets are covering the Ben Affleck-Lindsay Shookus-Jennifer Garner story. As you know, PEOPLE’s been all over the cheating angle, going into their files from a few years ago to report that Ben and Lindsay were checking each other as early as 2013 after the after-party for The Heat in New York and reporting that it was a full-blown affair, but also careful to cite sources close to Ben who insist that their relationship only became a relationship just recently.

E! News meanwhile is firmly on the “no cheating” side, maintaining that Ben and Lindsay only started after they separated from their respective spouses. Would that have anything to do with the fact that Justice League comes out in 4 months and that E! News will need access to Ben on that press tour?

The word I’ve been using to describe Ben the last few days is “messy”. Even when he thinks he’s getting it right, it gets messy. Imagine how this should have rolled out from his perspective. He’s been clean a few months. He’s ready to go public with his new girlfriend. And she’s not a 20 year old. She’s 37, a mother, divorced, with a good job. In his mind, I wonder if he was like… what could they possibly pop off on me for this time? Welllll….

He may have considered the possible media angle but I’m not sure he considered the ex-wife angle. As I mentioned the other day, this isn’t reading like Jennifer Garner was given the heads up that he was about to introduce Lindsay to the world. And if that’s the case, now we’re seeing the results of that.

But it’s not like Ben doesn’t have resources himself. So he’s putting them to use. PEOPLE has a new story up on their site this morning that’s all about Lindsay Shookus. According to their sources:

“She isn’t someone who would have been reckless. She’s really down to earth and centered. [The relationship] has got to be something that she felt was worth risking a lot for.”

Also:

Another insider has said Shookus’ marriage “didn’t end over infidelity,” and this source echoes that: “The impression I always got was that she and her husband had been unhappy for a while” by the time they split in 2014. “It was clear she was heartbroken about it and that she felt tremendous regret that things couldn’t be worked out.”

Shookus has been a rising star at SNL, starting as an assistant and working her way to the top, managing the celebrity hosts and scouting talent. (Affleck is a five-time host of SNL and last appeared on the show in May 2013.) Show creator Lorne Michaels “loves her,” says another source.

Given her high-powered position, she also isn’t one to be starstruck.

“She’s just not the kind of girl who is likely to have her head turned by fame,” says the first source of Shookus. “She’s come into contact with people more famous than Ben.”
    Adds the source, “She isn’t someone who does things without thinking them through.”

So to recap: Lindsay Shookus is not a famewhore because she’s not easily impressed by celebrities, and she’s also not a Sienna Miller type, she isn’t one to make rash, impetuous decisions because she’s down to earth and centred.

Oh, is that the game you want to play? The Down To Earth and Centred Game? Against Jennifer f-cking Garner?!? Good luck.

You know what else is hilarious?

These quotes from these sources are meant to present Lindsay as a grounded person with good judgment – and in this case, that good judgment is being applied to… BEN AFFLECK.

Here’s a guy who may or may not have been allegedly cheating on his wife with a producer on Saturday Night Live…AND… who may or may not have been cheating on his wife AND his mistress with the nanny, Chrissy O.

This is very good judgment, I guess?

Bonus: if you’ve been reading this site a while, you might remember a blind riddle from 2014. It was about an actor at an Oscar party without his wife who was all over a “tall, attractive model type”. Coincidence or conspiracy?

Ben Affleck and Lindsay Shookus try to counter cheating rumours with positive story in PEOPLE
    He's an idiot after everything he's done to try and this stupid PR game against his ex and mother of his kids. It didn't work well with Pitt, Depp and every other one who's tried it. Seems like Affleck can't t help himself and be repeat idiot and douche.
    Reset my laptop and my old name Wisher came up when I logged in.
    Eat it, it'll put hairs on your chest
    Well, dye me red and call me blondie

Quote Originally Posted by Wisher View Post
    Isn't that the truth! And Affleck is no stranger to 'pussyhounding' around on his wife among other things. He is a douche of the highesst caliber.

He's an idiot after everything he's done to try and this stupid PR game against his ex and mother of his kids. It didn't work well with Pitt, Depp and every other one who's tried it. Seems like Affleck can't t help himself and be repeat idiot and douche.
    Oh, I don't think he's doing this 'against' Garner. I just think he's a brilliant, talented, messy moron, who's extra-specially good at self-sabotage.
    Wisher, weathered1 and Beeyotch like this.

Silver Member

Yes self-sabotage is a good word to describe what he repeatedly does.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    Reset my laptop and my old name Wisher came up when I logged in.
    Eat it, it'll put hairs on your chest
    Well, dye me red and call me blondie

Thread Information