Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The Morton Report - Which Royal Love Child Story Did Princess Diana Believe? 8/9/2012

Default The Morton Report - Which Royal Love Child Story Did Princess Diana Believe? 8/9/2012

Which Royal Love Child Story Did Princess Diana Believe?

August 09, 2012 2
    By Margaret Holder, Columnist

The existence of royal love children is an interesting subject. Although history is littered with examples, only two children fathered by living royals have been officially acknowledged in recent times: Prince Albert of Monaco has admitted that he is the father of Jazmin Grace Grimaldi and Alexandre Coste.
    King Albert II of Belgium is reputed to be the father of artist Delphine Boel, although this has not been confirmed. The late Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands (father of Queen Beatrix) had two illegitimate daughters, Alicia von Bielefeld and Alexia Grinda-Lejeune, recognised after his death, although rumours persist of more children outside marriage. Some also believe the Duchess of Cornwall, formerly Camilla Parker-Bowles, is descended from Edward VII through his mistress, Alice Keppel.
    Then there are some disputed claimants. Robert Brown, an accountant from Jersey, came forward to say he was Princess Margaret’s secret son with Group Captain Peter Townsend, but failed to convince a judge. Attempts to prove that Prince Philip fathered two children, Max and Louise Boisot, with his childhood pal, Helene Cordet, have come to nothing.
    At one stage, there were several putative offspring of the late Duke of Windsor popping up in the UK press. Fanny Cradock, a wild-eyed television cook, even wrote a novel called The Windsor Secret in which Wallis Simpson gave birth to the Duke’s son. To this day, nobody has produced reliable evidence that he ever had any children.
    However, the Duke of Windsor apparently did believe that Michael Canfield, the first husband of Jackie Onassis’s sister, Lee Radziwill, was the secret son of his younger brother, the Duke of Kent, who was killed in 1942. What a film the mysterious Mr. Canfield’s life story would make! The bisexual Duke may also have been the father of Raine Spencer, Princess Diana’s stepmother — at least that’s what Raine’s mother, novelist Barbara Cartland, once told respected writer Michael Thornton.
    So what about modern royals? Whispers that Diana’s father might have been the late Sir James Goldsmith have been discounted, but there are two recurring rumours concerning secret paternity that I still wonder about and neither concerns Prince Harry, who is definitely the son of Prince Charles and looks more like him and the Queen every day. Diana believed one of the tales about current royal love children to be true — and she knew the secrets of all the world’s royal families. Diana told a friend, who told someone else, who told someone else …who told me.
    Which Royal Love Child Story Did Princess Diana Believe? | The Morton Report

I'm really interested in this one. I don't have any guesses, but I have a friend who might know something about this.

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Andrew! I've always believed he wasn't Phillip's.

ETA: This is the guy who's rumoured to be his father, Lord Porchester who was the Queen's racing manager:

Sassiness likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

She may have believed the one about Camilla Shand, the current wife of Prince Charles, being descended from Edward VII. That would make Charles and his wife 4th cousins because they are both descended from the same king. Given the impact of hemophilia on the royal families in Europe who are descended from Queen Victoria (most disastrously the Russian royal family), perhaps that joint descendancy was one reason why Queen Elizabeth II objected to Charles marrying Camilla when they were both young enough to have children together.
    pwry likes this.

Fourth cousin is nothing, it's so far distant it would be very unusual if it were to cause any birth defects. I very likely have hundreds of fourth cousins walking around the city I live in and I wouldn't even know them.
    Sassiness likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Fourth cousin is nothing, it's so far distant it would be very unusual if it were to cause any birth defects. I very likely have hundreds of fourth cousins walking around the city I live in and I wouldn't even know them.

Agreed. It shouldn't be a big deal since royal families routinely married cousins of various sorts and they were nearly all related to or descended from Victoria. But it may have been an issue for Queen Elizabeth.

Here's a younger picture of Porchester:

A*O

The story of Lord Porchester, later the Earl of Canarvon, being Andrew's father has been around a long time and there is a strong resemblance. HMQ was very close to "Porchie" at a time when Philip was tomcatting around more than usual including with the late Duke of Kents daughter and HMQs first cousin Princess Alexandra. They are ALL at it with each other. Princess Ann (Chazzas sister) had a big fling with Camillas husband at the time, Andrew Parker Bowles. It's one big DNA cesspool.

Lord Porchester 's house Highclere Castle is the location of Downton Abbey. Oh, and Porchie's ancestor discovered Tutankhamen's tomb.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^I remember years ago reading about it and some old toff was spilling the beans and saying everyone knew back then and were happy to turn a blind eye, and that if you looked at photos of the queen from that time she was always happy with Porchie and miserable with Phil.

Reminds me of a book I read years ago, Sex with Kings: 500 Years of Adultery, Power, Rivalry, and Revenge. Good stuff if you're into that sort of thing! Very interesting stories. The research may be a bit shoddy, but I found it enjoyable.

That pic of Prince Philip up there cinches it for me that Harry is Charles'. Harry looks very much like his grandfather, imo, especially in the eyes.
    card and Sassiness like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Holy shit....I couldn't get past the 3rd sentence! Those darn Royals!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    She may have believed the one about Camilla Shand, the current wife of Prince Charles, being descended from Edward VII. That would make Charles and his wife 4th cousins because they are both descended from the same king. Given the impact of hemophilia on the royal families in Europe who are descended from Queen Victoria (most disastrously the Russian royal family), perhaps that joint descendancy was one reason why Queen Elizabeth II objected to Charles marrying Camilla when they were both young enough to have children together.
    I don't think it would bother Elizabeth, isn't her husband her cousin too?

A*O

Very distant cousins. Both are great great grandchildren of Queen Victoria. Nearly all the European royals are descended from her.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^I'm pretty sure they're cousins on both sides. But not as inbred as most royals if you believe the Queen Mum's mother was the French cook!
    Novice likes this.

As long as your Mother is the Queen it matters naught who the father is.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information