Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: CDAN 05/18/12 Four for Friday--No more please

Default CDAN 05/18/12 Four for Friday--No more please

So, this show was a favorite of a lot of people. It went off the air a few years ago, but not long enough where people don't remember it. Everyone remembers it. It was a comedy. Typical sit com stuff but designed for a younger audience and a big hit for lots and lots of years. Anyway, the female lead of the show has started opening up about her experience on the show and it is pretty revealing. Everyone who watched the show was in love with her and the actors on the show were no different. She was new to the whole experience and new to the attention that was being forced on her from every direction. She started the show as a minor but that didn't stop her from being hit in by everyone. She told me that 40 year old guys who were married with kids who worked on the show would hit on her and were always groping her. Always touching. When she talks about ti now she visibly shudders when she describes it. She says she can still feel their hands. They knew she would not do or say anything and she says sometimes four or five guys a day would be groping her. When she got older and began to really devlop she says it got way worse. Then, it was not just the groping but they also would ask her out or corner her. She said that she never really felt safe the whole time she was on the show and this was years. She did have a relationship with two of her co-stars, one of which took her virginity. Of course that actor told everyone so then the old men making moves on her grew more intense. She did admit to having a one season long relationship with a producer on the show who was married. She said he was so good looking and now she wouldn't have done it but she was 18 and didn't think about his wife and kids but only the fact that this boss saw her as attractive and didn't grope her so she went to lunch with him which turned into them getting hotel rooms and then it was over. She said that she almost died inside when he dumped her and also thought about killing herself. She didn't know how to deal with it. One of the actors she had sex with on the show later came out to her as gay even though he still has not to the rest of the world. She was miserable for years and when the producers wanted to do one more year of the show she told me she knew she would fall apart and never be the same and told them no more. They decided not to do another season. Her experience has left her so shattered she does not really do much anymore except live day to day and hang out with a few friends. She does not work, and has thought about acting from time to time, but just is afraid of what will happen.

Crazy Days and Nights

That 70s Show?

I thought it might be Mila Kunis until this last part:
    Her experience has left her so shattered she does not really do much anymore except live day to day and hang out with a few friends. She does not work, and has thought about acting from time to time, but just is afraid of what will happen.
    Mila works a lot. But I agree, it sounds like That 70s Show.

No one on that 70's show has given up acting. Plus there wre more than one female leads on the show.

I thought the Wonder Years, but the chick that played Winnie has been doing stuff since since the show ended. However, it has been mostly math stuff, not acting.

^^ I like the Winnie guess. Remember the one that played Kevin and the brother were accused of sexual harassment. And I heard that they were pervs on the show. The Wonder years would have been bad with no Winnie Cooper

Bronze Member

Moesha? Brandi (Brandy?) Norwood. She was the female lead and I think she was about the right age. The show ended in 2001, maybe too long ago; it did end with a cliffhanger, though, as if they weren't expecting to cancel it. I don't know what she is doing now, you don't hear too much about her.

I wouldn't say "everybody loved her" and Brandy was never a beauty like it's implied where all the producers and co-stars would have been falling all over themselves to date her or grope her.

I almost wanted to say this sounded like Jamie Lynn Spears' experience, but I don't think it was intended to be her.

Looking at Lark Voorhies pics lately, I could believe that she's shattered. She looks a damn horror now, but was a beauty back then. Everyone remembers Saved By the Bell and I could see her sleeping with Zack and Slater.

Mario "Slater" Lopez pings my gaydar way the fuck out too.

Lark is a good guess. I also just thought about that chick who played Topanga in Boy Meets World. Never really watched it, but I remember a lot of people loved her in that and she was cute from what I remember.

OMG, I remembered something about Miss Voorhies...Lark was on a BET (or maybe another network?) special years ago where she talked about a white actor who was intensely interested in her because she was "pretty for a black girl" and that he had heard about black women's sexual prowess...wish I could remember the show. She pretty much had to pry his hands off of her to get out of his house.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

^^ Doesn't Topanga do the Soup or some show on E? And she dated lance Bass for years. LOL.. show

Topanga does some shit on the Style network. I would be down for the Lark guess but she did How High so you can't say she didn't do anything after SBTB.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Based on this, I could go along with Lark Vorhees

^^ that is so sad!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information