Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Identifying this Blind Item?

“Have you noticed that this actor has a habit of just about A listing himself and then takes a big break to drop himself back to middle B? Age is the reason most people cite. The reality is that he has always enjoyed playing with his own team even when he was married, and has done so irresponsibly in the past. His frequent trips to Europe to explore his violent dark side in gay brothels and S&M clubs has become his focus and passion. His failure to use protection at any time could also be causing his limited work schedule. He has a history of doing work only when he needs the money to finance another six months sex-fueled vacation. He often signs on for 2 or 3 films but usually only completes one before exhaustion and/or lust sets in. Witnesses state that people never get close to him in the last few days of any film because of his mood swings which alternate between kindness and rage in a matter of minutes.”

You guys are the ultimate experts so I would like your opinion. I found this blind in a blog. It was part of a conversation and they did not mention were it came from. Does it look familier? It is about 2 or 3 years old. Thanks.

^ I googled the first few lines and found it on here. It's an Ent Lawyer item. Number 37 on this list.
    January and February 2007

Elite Member

Colin Farrell?

I'm risking being lynched here but: Christian Bale?

*ducks and runs away*
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

I sort of recall reading somewhere that this was about Viggo Mortensen...

Nooo, not Aragorn!
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

I was under the impression that Mortensen was very, very professional???

The guesses are mixed
    http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/20...ve-to-get.html
    Last edited by Novice; November 19th, 2010 at 02:36 AM.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Viggo Mortensen seems far too busy to be whooping it up like the guy in the blind. Acting is only one part of his professional life. He also founded a publishing house and has the following books and audio to his credit:

Books:
    • Ten Last Night — (1993), his first collection of poetry.
    • Recent Forgeries — (1998), ISBN, 5th Edition, documents Viggo's first solo exhibition and includes a CD with music and spoken-word poetry. Introduction by Dennis Hopper.
    • Errant Vine — (2000), limited edition booklet of an exhibit at the Robert Mann Gallery.
    • Hole in the Sun — (2002, ISBN), color and black & white photographs of a back yard swimming pool.
    • SignLanguage — (2002 ISBN), a catalog from an exhibition of his works, combining photographs, paintings, and poetry into a multimedia diary of his time in New Zealand while filming The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Introduction by Kevin Power.
    • Coincidence of Memory — (2002, ISBN) Third Edition. In this book, the artist combines photographs, paintings, and poems that cover his artistic output from 1978 to 2002.
    • Mo Te Upoko-o-te-ika/For Wellington — (2003), ISBN, a book to accompany the joint exhibitions at Massey University and the Wellington City Gallery during the premiere of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
    • 45301 — (2003), ISBN. Abstract images, fragments, and phrases from poems comprise this photography book. Many of the photographs were shot during travels to Morocco, Cuba, and the northern plains of the United States.
    • Un hueco en el sol — (2003), a small booklet published to accompany the exhibition "Un hueco en el sol" at the Fototeca de Cuba in Havana. In Spanish.
    • Miyelo — (2003), ISBN-X), a series of panoramic photographs of a Lakota Ghost Dance. It also tells about the events leading up to the massacre at Wounded Knee.
    • Nye Falsknerier - (2003). Paintings and poems translated into Danish from Ten Last Night, Recent Forgeries, Coincidence of Memory.
    • The Horse is Good — (2004), ISBN, a photography book, partly shot during his work on the film Hidalgo, about horses as partners, teachers, and fellow travelers. Images from Morocco, South Dakota, Montana, California, Iceland, New Zealand, Denmark, Brazil, and Argentina. This book reflects Mortensen's fondness for horses. In fact, he bought Uraeus—the horse who played Brego, Aragorn's steed (Roheryn in the books) in The Lord of the Rings movies—as well as TJ, one of the horses who played Hidalgo. He also purchased the stallion that played Arwen's horse, a grey Andalusian stallion named Florian, and gave it to the stunt woman, Jane Abbott, who rode the horse in place of Liv Tyler.
    • Linger - (2005). In this book, the artist combines black and white photographs and prose poems. Images from Spain (partly shot during his work on the film Alatriste), Morocco, Iceland, United States, Denmark…
    • I Forget You For Ever - (2006). Texts and photographs.
    • Skovbo - (2008). Collection of photographs, poems (in English, Spanish and Danish) and quotes. The book is dedicated to Howard Zinn and Dennis Kucinich and functions as a companion to the photo exhibit Skovbo at the Reykjavik Museum of Photography (2008).
    • Sådanset - (2008). A small booklet published to accompany the exhibition Sådanset (October 18 - November 16, 2008) at the Palæfløjen in Roskilde (Denmark).
    • Canciones de Invierno - Winter Songs - (2010). Collection of photographs and poems. Bilingual : in Spanish and English. It includes new texts (most of the poems and all the translations) and revised versions of texts previously published. They're accompanied by pictures of landscapes taken during the previous two winters.
    Audio:

And that's not even touching on all the films/documentaries he's done over the last few years (nearly 50 between 1985 and 2010 according to his wiki) so unless he has found a way to infinately stretch time and has superhuman stamina I don't think its him.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Whew - bless yer, Kittylady. *closes eyes and drifts back to Aragorn fantasy*

Elite Member

I immediately thought of Daniel Day-Lewis, who has taken long breaks between films in the past. However, he's won two Oscars, which qualifies as A-list, and he's still married. The wording of the blind implies that the actor is older (I'd guess in his 40's), not quite A-list and divorced.

As someone in their 40s I'd go with sone one older than that....

^ I agree. Someone in their 40's would be too young imo.

Bronze Member

What about Carridine? The actor what was found hung?

OK, if you're looking for someone older (but who only fits the work description in relatively recent years), how about Mickey Rourke? He's older, often in Europe, been married and, although I can't see him 'preferring' the other team, it's easy to imagine him pushing the envelope.

Bronze Member

Was thinking maybe Christopher Lambert for this, but looks like he does quite a bit of work in Europe, so no big break between roles for him....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information