Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Lainey Blind 29/12/09 - Casting Couch

Default Lainey Blind 29/12/09 - Casting Couch

Casting Couch

It was mystifying several years ago why she was hyped the way she was hyped. Just another starlet with no real significant starring vehicles somehow ending up with a prestigious magazine cover proclaiming her as the next It. Well It never happened. And after all this time and a string of failures, she’s been trying to change the course. So she’s gone back to the major player who tried to make it happen for her the first time. There was an arrangement back then – her sexual services for his professional services – and apparently the same arrangement was resurrected recently in the hopes that she’ll finally confirm a juicy role to kickstart a stagnant career.

Never mind that he’s married. His wife benefits handsomely from his generosity and while he may not fulfill her with fidelity, he certainly makes up for it through client exchange. Probably better that way. And given what he looks like, it totally makes sense. But he is a legend in the business both for his accomplishments and for the way he leads these ladies to their accomplishments, counting a couple of award winners and a few box office heavyweights on his resumé…which is why he quickly tired of our poor girl and discarded her.

But not before drying her out. One day late summer, they were joined in a hotel suite by a third gentleman (identity insignificant), both of them enjoying her as she allowed herself to be taken, and, um, decorated appropriately, all for a reward at the end of the session – the privilege of simply looking at a script, no promise, no confirmation…just an advance read. And a suggestion to show up at a premiere for a few introductions. She is so desperate, it’s been so meagre, she submitted to the humiliation although gamely seems to have enjoyed it. An actor after all, obviously able to shut out her husband and child waiting for her back at home.

And then he just cut it off. Told her he could no longer help her. That her body in his bed was no longer required. Which of course only added to her degradation. She tried and tried to offer up more, willing to engage in further depravity, but was only met with rejection. Because he’s moved on. He’s hunting his next target. A young, nubile, blonde babe with a large profile and a perky rack who so far has been able to resist his advances but is trying to graduate from supporting roles in film, as the fact that she’s a headliner on the small screen has not helped with the quality of scripts she’s being offered, or with many of her auditions so far. She’s currently waiting on a big break and he’s trying to make sure it doesn’t happen, so that in her disappointment, she’ll come running to him, ready to wheel and deal.

Note: there are 4 famous names at play – the reject, the replacement, the power player, and his wife.
    Off the top of my head, I say:
    Reject = Gretchen Mol
    Replacement = Blake Lively
    Player = Harvey Weinstein
    Wife = Harvey's wife, the Marchesa designer.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Agreed.

Bronze Member

Now THAT is a good, juicy one... I never understood either why Gretchen Mol had so much press at the time. She was so bland and undeserving. This explains a lot!

Oooo, I seriously LOVE this blind. I agree with Weinstein as the player, but I think the replacement is someone else, like Hayden Pantyairs. But you definitely nailed the reject.

Gretchen Mol was touted as the "Next Big Thing" after appearing on the cover of the September 1998 of "Vanity Fair". Over a striking picture of a blonde Mol in a sheer white gown, strained by her erect nipples, "Vanity Fair" asked "Is She Hollywood's Next 'It' Girl?" Her most memorable role up to that time was as a mobster's moll in the minor cult classic Donnie Brasco (1997), which was mostly remembered for cinematic turns by Al Pacino, Johnny Depp and Anne Heche, another young, blonde actress just starting to making a name for herself. Nonetheless, her beauty and presence led "Vanity Fair" to hype the blonde beauty, heralding the arrival of a major new star. She seemed poised to move up to featured roles. but the announcement turned out to be premature. Brunette Angelina Jolie proved to be Hollywood's Next 'It' Girl. **from imdb**
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Actually Sialia, you are 100% correct. I guess Lainey forgot she wrote this earlier this year:

Harvey’s next

Every couple of years or so, Harvey likes to pick a young actress, turn her into a star. Or try to at least. It happened with my Gwyneth. The Alba Bitch had her chance, Anne Hathaway too, now it looks like Blake Lively has caught Harvey’s eye. A deal with the devil, you could say. Curious to see then if Blake shows up in Marchesa on carpet after carpet. It’s so obvious.

Anyway, boring Blake and her boyfriend Penn Badgley were spotted leaving the Waverly Inn with Weinstein a few nights ago. Last night it was on to Letterman. She arrived casual in a trench, left in a hot pink/purple one shoulder showing off those impossibly long legs. And still… even in a dress like this, Blake Lively puts me to sleep.

She’s no Blair Waldorf.

Harvey Weinstein sets his sights on Blake Lively after dinner with Penn Badgley at the Waverly
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

ooooh juicy!
    Posted from my iPhone

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yep, I agree. It sounds like Gretchen Mol. I remember when that magazine came out. I saw her on the cover and thought, "WTF?" Harvey sounds like a good bet too.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Funny Gretchen Mol is the first name I thought of as well. It must be sad to have so many people think of you like that.

Elite Member

I 'm vaguely familiar who Gretchen is. Is she married with a child? I agree on all the other people named.

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    I 'm vaguely familiar who Gretchen is. Is she married with a child? I agree on all the other people named.
    "She married film director Kip Williams on June 1, 2004. Their first child, Ptolemy John Williams, was born September 10, 2007." (Wikipedia.)
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

I don't know who the reject is,
    I think Hayden Penatarre is the replacement, and I agree, Harvey Weinstien etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    "She married film director Kip Williams on June 1, 2004. Their first child, Ptolemy John Williams, was born September 10, 2007." (Wikipedia.)
    Ptolemy??
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    Ptolemy??
    I wasn't gonna say anything, but ... yeah. Ptolemy. Maybe they call him Toto for short. Or Lem.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Hit By Ban Bus!

Or Meh.

Harvey’s next

Every couple of years or so, Harvey likes to pick a young actress, turn her into a star. Or try to at least. It happened with my Gwyneth. The Alba Bitch had her chance, Anne Hathaway too, now it looks like Blake Lively has caught Harvey’s eye. A deal with the devil, you could say. Curious to see then if Blake shows up in Marchesa on carpet after carpet. It’s so obvious.

Anyway, boring Blake and her boyfriend Penn Badgley were spotted leaving the Waverly Inn with Weinstein a few nights ago. Last night it was on to Letterman. She arrived casual in a trench, left in a hot pink/purple one shoulder showing off those impossibly long legs. And still… even in a dress like this, Blake Lively puts me to sleep.

She’s no Blair Waldorf.

So does this mean they all had to pay the weinstein?
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information