Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your jars, bottles, tubes and cosmetics

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    True.

When I moved back in February I forced myself to toss all the half full bottles of lotion and really stick to just using one or two body lotions... stop accumulating crap at the store and I think I'm doing good when it comes to that but I have a weakness; a serious weakness when it comes to eyeshadow and lipstick... I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!!!!

me neither...i go on cosmetic binges sometimes....or haircare binges....let me loose in a sephora, and i can do massive damage to the credit cards

I'm a product junkie...is there a 12 step for people like me?
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

If so,I need to join. I was annoyed at myself-having to throw out a basket full. Everytime a new mascara comes out,I have no will power. Same with lipsticks. And eyeshadows. And creams.I am a walking sucker. The thrill of a new makeup purchase must be akin to getting high on any drug or maybe robbing a bank.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Everytime a new mascara comes out,I have no will power.
    me too...

I'm always amazed that I read the ads and run out to get it.....what the f is wrong with me?.....I'm old enough to know better, but the magic paints and potions get me everytime
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

The one thing that saves me is that I rarely buy drugstore makeup (except for L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara). I must try all makeup before I buy it, so I'm very conscious at the Bobbi and MAC counters.

I have a new thing. I have duplicated my makeup case that I keep in my handbag. Whatever I use in the small case also has a sister in my makeup caddy under the sink.

Oh dear! I can see that I have a chore for my week off! I need to have a clean out, this is compounded by the face that I've lost my fave Smashbox eyeliner compact
    I'm really good with shower gel & shampoos tho, I only have one set open at a time!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by birdmadgirl View Post
    I keep a big fishing tackle box under the sink that is filled with most of my "crap." The items I use every single day are in a cute basket near my sink.

I do very similar. I have my every day stuff in tiny little plastic drawers that sit on my bathroom bench. Each drawer has a certain kind of product ie: eyeshadow, lipsticks and then the rest of my crap is in an old makeup box that goes packed away under the vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    If so,I need to join. I was annoyed at myself-having to throw out a basket full. Everytime a new mascara comes out,I have no will power. Same with lipsticks. And eyeshadows. And creams.I am a walking sucker. The thrill of a new makeup purchase must be akin to getting high on any drug or maybe robbing a bank.

I have issues with buying the same colours. Like, how many "nude" lipstick/glosses does one person need? Or how many different shades of brown eyeshadow can I possibly buy?
    Last edited by Tati; May 26th, 2008 at 08:14 AM.

Bronze Member

Isn't life ironic!!
    I totally get your point: we often end up with way more makeup or way more... whatever... than we need and will ever actually make use of. So I am all for your simplifying your lives... it's just that it seems so ironic that you are tossing away stuff at the same time that I am trying to get some new (cheap but cute) makeup!! - not easy! sometimes you don't even know if something will really work for you and each item costs dollars! agh My problem is the opposite right now! Way too little! Most of what I had got used up, discontinued, broke and whatnot!

Hit By Ban Bus!

i'm to try and organize my make-up drawer this weekend

Silver Member

i just done a clean of my lot but didnt throw much out, i dont wanna throw anything out that i *might* use at some point
    one thing it did teach me is i need to wear lipstick more often

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information