Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Your changing skin - a new regimen

^I massage my face with Almond Oil in the morning and wash it off in the shower with a washcloth. Yes, soap or a normal cleanser doesn't remove it completely. I should mention that I've started taking Zinc orally as well shortly after I started desitin. It's supposed to boost immunity and fight off acne causing bacteria from the inside. You can read some rave reviews here in Makeupalley. I haven't had a single cystic acne kind of a zit in 2 months now.
    Zinc reviews, photo, ingredients - Makeupalley

Another tip. After washing my face I dab sea salt + water solution all over my face and let it dry for 30 minutes and wash it off. Another makeupalley find. Supposed to dry up any existing zits.
    Sea Salt Mask reviews, photo, ingredients - Makeupalley

I also read that Mario Badescu acne products have Zinc in them, I'm not sure what the concentration is, but I'm sure it helps a lot.

I've been using Mario Badescu for about a month now. I used to alternate between Number 7 and Olay Regenerist. I LOVE the Mario Badescu stuff! My skin just looks all calm (I used to tend toward redness), and although my pores aren't smaller, they're less noticeable somehow. I love how the creams feel on my skin, and they really have staying power. I bought it at a local store but their selection is quite limited. I went the MB wesbsite and IM'd with a consultant and am going to order the products so I can get the exact ones I want. HAPPY GIRL!

fgg

i'm having the perfect peel done in 1 1/2 weeks and then i need to start being really good about drinking water and putting creams on my face again.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

What's a perfect peel? I always want to try new treatments but chicken out.

I always drink tons of water. Two litres minimum at work during the day, and at least another litre at home at night. I'm sure this helps things somewhat.

fgg

The Perfect Peel USA

the lady i've been going to for about 10 years said this one is really good. it's not been around long so it can be hard to find someone who does it. i'm having it done on my face, neck and chest. it is recommended that you get it done on a wednesday night because you are pink/red on thurs & fri and then start peeling over the weekend but it goes full force on monday. i'm going to work from home that day, depending on how scary i look.

i am really bad about drinking water. i can go from about 10 am until i get home without drinking anything if i stay at my desk at lunch. at this very moment, a jug of 20 oz of water is staring at me and i need to drink it down soon.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

^^ Don't force that much water in a short period time. I trained myself to drink water and sometimes it's too harsh on my stomach to have plain water sloshing around in there, so I've added a touch of Stevia or melted honey, but my favorite thing is a Jasmine Green tea tea bag soaked in hot water and then tossed into a glass of cold water and ice. Sipping and peeing sipping and peeing. I carry a Contigo water bottle with ice and lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    I've been using Mario Badescu for about a month now. I used to alternate between Number 7 and Olay Regenerist. I LOVE the Mario Badescu stuff! My skin just looks all calm (I used to tend toward redness), and although my pores aren't smaller, they're less noticeable somehow. I love how the creams feel on my skin, and they really have staying power. I bought it at a local store but their selection is quite limited. I went the MB wesbsite and IM'd with a consultant and am going to order the products so I can get the exact ones I want. HAPPY GIRL!
    Good for you! I love their products and love the prices. Did you get the Blue Azulene calming mask? It's so creamy.

Anyone tried using a mix of castor oil and avocado oil to clean out there pores ? i have seen some people on YouTube and they said it really cleans the pores out and right now I can't seem to get more pore unclogged

Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    What's a perfect peel? I always want to try new treatments but chicken out.

I always drink tons of water. Two litres minimum at work during the day, and at least another litre at home at night. I'm sure this helps things somewhat.
    I try to do the same thing. But I have to get up to go the restroom so many times, people must think I'm sick all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    Anyone tried using a mix of castor oil and avocado oil to clean out there pores ? i have seen some people on YouTube and they said it really cleans the pores out and right now I can't seem to get more pore unclogged
    I switched from Almond Oil to Hemp seed oil for my Oil cleansing. It seems to be helping. I've read good things about pumpkin seed oil too, but I'm waiting to finish my hemp oil before I try that. check out the comedogenic ratings of different oils below.

Comedogenic Ratings

(causing acne)

This list of ingredients has been derived and compiled from various sources including the Journal of American Academy of Dermatology.

0 - Will Not Clog Pores
    1 - Low
    2 - Moderately Low
    3 - Moderate
    4 - Fairly High
    5 - High

Oils

Almond Oil - 2
    Apricot Kernel Oil - 2
    Avocado Oil - 2
    Camphor - 2
    Castor Oil - 1