Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Your 'absolutely swear-by' beauty products

My personal fav's:

Baby oil - to remove eye makeup and to smooth out dry winter skin on my legs...especially after I shave.

qwerty- try baby oil if the olive oil causes a reaction.

St. Ives Whipped Silk lotion.

Dior Show mascara.

Touche Eclat concealer.

Mac shadows and blush.

Mac Lipglass in C-Thru.

St. Ives Whipped Silk body wash.

I'm a hair product junkie, but I love Okara by Rene Furterer leave in conditioner. I also really like Infusium shampoo and conditioner. It's cheaper than the salon products and works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I use the NU-DERM 1-6 plus Retin A- .1% & Professional-C Serum 15%.

Do you get the peeling from the NuDerm?

I've used it and I love the product but I get the peeling so I just use it when I feel I need it.

I've never tried the C product - how are they?
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

A good substitute for olive oil is sweet almond oil.

Nah, staying away from putting most oils straight on my face. My face didn't like Coconut oil either.

For dry winter skin, I've discovered Egyptian Magic Cream as a more natural alternative to Vaseline.

Ingredients:

olive oil
    bees wax
    honey
    bee pollen
    royal jelly
    bee propolis

It really knocks out my dry skin quickly.

www.egyptianmagic.com
    Last edited by qwerty; January 20th, 2009 at 08:51 PM.

jojoba oil is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Do you get the peeling from the NuDerm?

I've used it and I love the product but I get the peeling so I just use it when I feel I need it.

I've never tried the C product - how are they?
    I get the peeling form the Ra-A for sure and of course form the number 4 because it is the exfoderm forte... but if I use a lot of the C I don't peel as much.

I like the C ... they say to use it before you put on your makeup. I put it on before bed because it is greasy and I think it makes my makeup look funky.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I get the peeling form the Ra-A for sure and of course form the number 4 because it is the exfoderm forte... but if I use a lot of the C I don't peel as much.

I like the C ... they say to use it before you put on your makeup. I put it on before bed because it is greasy and I think it makes my makeup look funky.
    Thanks Butterfly!
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Vichy Dermablend foundation color 15 'opal'. yeah, I'm that pale.

I never thought I'd be wearing foundation every day, because it never looked right, and it lasted for all of 5 minutes becuase I tend to touch my face alot.

Then I got Dermablend, it's expensive but I use about 1/4 of what I'd use with any other brand (and I've tried many). A dollop the size of a small pea is enough for a thin layer overall and an extra layer on blemishes and under my eyes. Nearly flawless skin! And it doesn't feel or look like a mask! Well, at first it looks kind of mask-y, but it kind of 'sets' and blends in with the skin after about 10 minutes.

This foundation, plus black mascara and light brown eyebrow pencil (both Rimmel, currently) are my make up basics.

Oh, and anti wrinkle cream(Supermarket brand )! I've been using it for 3 years now (I'm 27) and I'm hoping to age gracefully and wrinkle-free. I already look years younger

the past few months i've been using molton brown's purifying ambrusca bodywash and polish. i stole about 10 tubes of it from a maid's cart at the mandarin oriental a posh friend of mine was staying at (i also raided his complimentary exotic fruit basket and chocolates). anyway, it's bloody fantastic. unike other lame so-called exfoliator, this one actually has a tonne of little scrubby bead thingies in it and really works. if you wax, this works wonders for preventing ingrown hairs.

Molton Brown Purify - ambrusca bodywash & polish at Molton Brown
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I have to add that Bare Escentuals new Blemish Therapy is fantastic. Just brush a little on before bed and in the morning the zit is all dried up and ready to be washed off.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

My must have is Bio-oil. I have spent 20 years arguing with teenage skin and still get killer acne outbreaks and Bio-oil not only fades out the scars I have but also doesn't encourage outbreaks. It's also worked wonders for the fine lines I was starting to develop around my eyes and has an unexpected bonus (IMO) of helping my nails grow stronger from where it has been absorbed when I've been applying it to my face. I only put it on at night after having a wash and because it's a dry oil it doesn't gunk up the bed linen. A little also goes a very long way.

On a different note, can any UK posters recommend some products for me? Cheaper the better as I'm on an almost zero budget right now. I have very sensitive pale skin (joys of being a redhead) that is prone to acne and flushing. It's also a nightmare because it is very oily but gets dry patches incredibly easily (how, when it's oily, I don't know). I have the same problems as others with foundation being either Marilyn Manson pale, too yellow or too pinky. My oily skin also has most types of makeup sliding off in an hour or two I have yet to find a moisturiser or makeup that has survived for more than a couple of hours even when they claim to leave you shine free all day.

Any advice?

Bronze Member

If you like olvie oil, try 100% pure Coconut oil. Works great for skin and hair. I just recently tried this and it has been absolutely great. There is a lot of helpful info out there if you are interested.

Anyone have any hair growing tips?

Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    Anyone have any hair growing tips?
    -prenatal vitamins, or just supplement with biotin and a multivitamin.

-eat lots of omega 3's (salmon, walnuts, flaxseed)

-massage your scalp every night for a few minutes with your fingers or a soft-tipped brush. it gets the blood flowing to the area and I swear it helps!

-get it trimmed/keep it maintained, etc etc.

I have hair that grows like crazy, the longest layer is down my back now and people often ask if I have extensions. I dye it every 6 weeks too, but it doesn't seem to hinder the growth that I can tell. good luck Hair eventually reaches a length where it seems like it NEVER grows and then 6 months later it suddenly looks a lot longer, so don't lose hope!
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by frecklered View Post
    entire post
    ITA with everything you said! I have long hair (middle of my back) and lots of it used to fall out in the shower. I don't use a prenatal vitamin but I started supplementing my normal mulit with an antioxidant supplement, fish oil, hair and skin supplement and vitamin B and after a few weeks, less hair started falling out and less breakage. My hair has been growing fairly quickly as well and I'm in my mid-30s.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information