Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 'absolutely swear-by' beauty products

Not to get personal with the ladies, but... anyone have a to die for anti cellulite lotion? I've seen so many different ones 'recommend' in beauty mags, just wondering if anyone has a swear by.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

I forgot my Ponds Clean Sweep Towelettes to remove my make-up and Milani Black Cherry nail polish for my toes.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Cream
    Vitamin C Serum (home made)
    Sugar Scrub (use sugar from your kitchen to exfoliate your skin)
    Sweet Almond Oil (to remove make up)
    Avon Retroactive Cleanser
    L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara
    Avon Glazewear Lipsticks (part gloss / part lipstick)
    Sally Hansen nail polishes
    Nivea Labello lip balm
    Nivea Creme (in the blue tin made in Germany)
    got2b full of yourself gel 2 mousse
    Degree Little Black Dress Deodarant
    Aqua Fresh Extreme Clean toothpaste (best whitening toothpaste)

What a great thread. Tagging this for future reference.

The only product I have been impressed with recently is Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer. It's light feeling and makes my skin feel soft, dewey, and fresh. Lurve it.

*Skinceuticals CE + Ferulic acid serum
    *Tazorac
    *Rhassoul clay
    *Daybreak Lavender Farm Face4U oil cleanser (great skin cleanser and eye makeup remover - all natural too)
    *Daybreak Lavender Farms Organic, unrefined shea butter - this is the best moisturizer - again all natural.
    *Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Liquid Castile Soap - great, natural all purpose cleanser for face, body and teeth.
    *Lancome UV Expert Sunscreen with Mexoryl SX or Skinceuticals Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide

I have nothing better to do, so here is everything I use:

Foundation: Covergirl Aquasmooth Compact Foundation. It's like a liquid foundation and powder combo. It took me years to find something that looked natural and worked well with my sensitive dry skin. I have used it for about 5 years now, it gives great coverage and goes on smooth.

Mascara: Maybelline Sky High Curves, waterproof. I have short eyelashes, so I have to curl my eyelashes with a curler, and then apply good mascara. This one works the best for me, it keep my eyelashes long and lasts all day.

Shampoo and Conditioner: Dove, extra mosturizing in aloe/cucumber flavor. I use to use Pantene, but I love Dove now since it makes my hair silkier.

Eyeshadow, concealer, eye pencils, nail polish: Nothing special, I buy different brands and hope for the best, but I do have a lot of NYC products because I hate paying $10 for an eyeshadow or pencil I am unsure about. NYC is reasonable and seems to work just fine. I am open to suggestions on these!

Lips: I use tinted lip gloss. I like ELF, you can google them, they have tons of products for $1, including the lip gloss. They have nice nude and red colors and the flavor is just fine. I have awesome lips (my best feature ) so I just go simple with them and never wear lipstick. I also like chapstick in the medicated or original flavor, lol. I avoid a lot of the bonne bell shit, I had horrible reactions to them where my lips swelled up and I looked like I had botox injections. They were all red, huge and itched like a mo-fo.

Lotion: Aveeno Baby soothing relief. I have dry sensitve skin so I have to use something really intensive on my face and body. Aveeno baby is awesome! I use it on my baby too. And it's fragrance free and great for people with skin like me, so I use it on my face and body. Palmer's cocoa butter formula lotion (fragrance free) is great too, I pick it up at Walmart on the cheap.

Sunscreen: Oil of Olay, daily sunscreen with 15 spf. Plus my foundation has 15 spf too. It's not greasy, I hate greasy sunscreen and it's okay for sensitive skin.

Soap: I can't do soap and I can't do anything with fragrance or I end up with a rash. I only use body wash and it has to have a good mosturizer. I love Sam's Club brand (Member's Mark) body wash, it has Shea Butter in it and no fragrance. Cheap compared to other brands too.

Face wash: This is hard for me. I have tried a lot of name brands and they have caused my face to get so tight and itchy because they are too harsh. A horrible face wash brand for me is Neutragena, I avoid it like the plague. I am currently using Aquafina Hydration face wash, it's great, but I think it was just discontinued. I need something that's good for dryskin, any advice?

Bronzing lotion: Jergen's glow. I refuse to tan, so it gives me a nice bronzed look after 4-5 days of using it. It does have a smell, which bothers me since I hate smelly lotions on my face, but it's worth it.

Wrinkles/Aging: Nothing yet. I don't know what's good and what I should be using. I'm 25 and I am starting to see smile wrinkles forming around my eyes. Damn this happy life. I'm open to any suggestions!

Acne: I use Clean and Clear and hydrogen peroxide. I think I have the C&C cooling toner and the acne solution, the main ingredient in them is salicylic acid. I use it with cotton balls and just leave the solutions on my face, but I rarely use them. I usually just apply hydrogen peroxide to my breakouts when I have them and put on lotion once it's dried. I am thinking about using a home salicylic acid chemical peel once or twice a month.
    Last edited by DeadDwarf; October 2nd, 2008 at 03:49 AM.

I've got this 'Schwarzkopf Supersoft Kids Detangling Spray Strawberry and Milk Scent' that is supposed to be for children, but I absolutely love it, you can use it on wet or dry hair and it kills frizz. I'm in love. the only downside is that it has Smurfs on the front. I don't like smurfs.

i did forget my shampoo/conditioner. i use Enjoy but its expensive, so only when i splurge. i also like QVC's Nick Chavez stuff. the volumizer is good and last a long time.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post
    don't like smurfs.

A*O

Random:

Lancome "Hypnose" Mascara
    Clarins Neck Cream
    Dr LeWinn's Hand Exfoliator/Scrub (can't remember the real name)
    MAC eyeshadows
    MAC "Spice" lip pencil
    L'Oreal Kerastase Shampoo and Hair Products
    Estee Lauder ReNutriv Hand Lotion
    Great sex
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I like to use bare minerals make up and meine base salt.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Great sex
    Amen, sista.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

OMFG Dead Dwarf; that happened to me with a tube of Dr Pepper Lip Smacker once; I still use it though. This was a couple years ago; it was really fucking weird.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I use this all the time it's yummy tastes like marshmallow and I use it on my face, lips whatever is chapped.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick
    On-the-spot help for marks and blemishes. Ideal for touch-up moisturizing on face and body. Also may be used to moisturize and soothe dry, cracked, chapped lips.

And I agree on the Suave daily claryfing shampoo once a week.

Neutrogena face bar, to wash my face with.

And Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    OMFG Dead Dwarf; that happened to me with a tube of Dr Pepper Lip Smacker once; I still use it though. This was a couple years ago; it was really fucking weird.
    I used Bonne Bell growing up since they were huge back then and I never had a problem. But maybe they changed the ingredients or maybe my body changed because they mess me up.

I'm such a dumb ass though, it took me like 2 months to figure out that it was Bonne Bell products. I was using a lot of different brands and my lips would swell up randomly. My husband told me to stop using everything and slowly introduce each product back again and sure enough it was Bonne Bell. He knew it was my makeup, but I thought it was something I was eating. About 6 months later I tried another BB lip gloss to see if the reaction would happen again, and it did, so I have swore them off.

I get nervous when I try new stuff now.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information