Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Are you brave enough to cut your own hair?

I used to cut my own hair when I was in college because my stylist was 40 miles away (and I didn't give a shit). I guess it looked okay because a girl in one of my classes asked me to cut her hair, too. On the other hand, she was a little batty, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by beeyotch View Post
    am i the only one who thinks that lady's hair looks like shit? It sure isn't a ringing endorsement for cutting your own hair.

plus the words "dry cut" make me nervous. I had one once--done by a professional--and it was horrible. I think if your hair is coarse, thick or frizzy at all--and mine is all three--it's not going to be cut evenly and it'll look like shit. That's what happened to me anyway. My mom cut my hair until i moved away from my home state and it always looked better than that one disastrous dry cut.
    bol!!!! I thought the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that lady's hair looks like shit? It sure isn't a ringing endorsement for cutting your own hair.
    No. Her hair looks like shaggy dog ears.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

There is NO WAY that I'd attempt to cut my own hair. My hair is waist length so if I hauled it over my head like the woman in the article I wouldn't be able to see what the hell I was doing and probably make a bollocks of it. Ma Kitty was a hairdresser before she stopped working so I get her to trim it for me when I'm at her place for a visit. It works out well - not only do I get it done for free and don't have to worry about some scissor happy psycho taking off too much but I also usually get a drink and a sammich out of it as well.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I have cut my own hair. Not only have I cut my own hair, I have also shaved most of it off too. I wasn't the most sober when I did it, but it was rather fun to do.
    BRIT BRIT?? is that you?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I have cut my own hair. Not only have I cut my own hair, I have also shaved most of it off too. I wasn't the most sober when I did it, but it was rather fun to do.
    I seriously contemplated this last weekend after a day of drinking beer on the lake and not being able to get a brush through the rat's nest sitting on top of my head.

ahhhhhh! at the cutting tools they are using and the techniques, holy guacamolie>blah! oh and yes, i cut my own hair also.

I've cut my own for several years now, it's really not so hard if you don't try to do anything drastic in one go. If I want to go short I take a tiny bit at a time over a several day period, simple enough.

I too have sported the shaved head and I LOVED it! Shaved is definitely my preference, too bad social norms make it too difficult to maintain. There are situations in my life where I need to appear conservative for my own best interest...

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    There is NO WAY that I'd attempt to cut my own hair. My hair is waist length so if I hauled it over my head like the woman in the article I wouldn't be able to see what the hell I was doing and probably make a bollocks of it. Ma Kitty was a hairdresser before she stopped working so I get her to trim it for me when I'm at her place for a visit. It works out well - not only do I get it done for free and don't have to worry about some scissor happy psycho taking off too much but I also usually get a drink and a sammich out of it as well.
    Man that's like the best hairdressers in the world.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information