Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Are you brave enough to cut your own hair?

I'd no sooner cut my own hair than do my own pap smear. Hair like mine needs professional level skills, and even then it can be iffy in the wrong hands.
    chartreuse and holly like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

i cut my hair, its easy when you get use to it, i dye it as well, havent been to a proper hairdresser in about three years, i do better job myself than those bitches who always fuck it up
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

I sometimes trim the ends and the sweepy layers around the face, and when I used to have a fringe I would cut that. I could never cut any length off it or restyle it, I leave the cut to the professionals, but I often touch it up myself and change some layering because they never seem to get it right. No matter how many times I say make it soft and sweepy, the always want to make some damn textured choppy modern shit, I'm talking like multiple hairdressers at multiple salons over many years. I don't know why they love ugly hair so much - hairdressers often seem to have the worst hair huh?
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

I do mine, but like so:

[YOUTUBE]hK1BcftdyaY[/YOUTUBE]

(not me)

Occasionally I go short and choppy and I would never try to do that myself, but for long layers it's easy enough to do myself.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    I do mine, but like so:

[YOUTUBE]hK1BcftdyaY[/YOUTUBE]

(not me)

Occasionally I go short and choppy and I would never try to do that myself, but for long layers it's easy enough to do myself.
    Wow, I've never seen layers done with a razor before, I am tempted to try it. Since you have done it before, do you have any tips for a novice?

Thanks!
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

That's a great way to create split ends. In stead of cutting the hair off, you're scraping the hair shaft until there's nothing left. I wouldn't do the razoring myself, maybe by a stylist but I don't like how it looks from the video posted.

I've never seen anyone use that type of razor on hair. Don't let a stylist use a straight razor if you have curly hair. More than one stylist has mentioned that to me. Frays the ends and creates frizz.
    holly likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

I have cut my own hair. Not only have I cut my own hair, I have also shaved most of it off too. I wasn't the most sober when I did it, but it was rather fun to do.

No way I would touch my own hair. I can't walk and chew gum at the same time so I can only imagine the horror show. My hair is extremely thick and my stylist uses a razor to thin mine out. It is a godsend.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I only cut my bangs but my sister is super crafty with her own. And it always ends up looking professional. The straight lines are straight etc. She has a gift, she should have been a hairdresser.

^^ I guess razoring would work on thick and/or coarse hair. But on fine, thin hair I wouldn't recommend it.

With the ponytail on forehead method, my layers are nice and gradual, not choppy or uneven. It creates some volume in my flat lifeless hair. I'm just too cheap to go to a stylist, plus I hate strangers touching me.

I've done something similar to the ponytail method as well, but I find that when my hair is quite long and I just want to refresh the layers, the razor method works quite well. It's hard to screw up, at least, because you can see every small step you're taking as you take it.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore0101 View Post
    Wow, I've never seen layers done with a razor before, I am tempted to try it. Since you have done it before, do you have any tips for a novice?

Thanks!
    My tip is don't do it.

I have really short and straight hair, so I prefer it when a professional is doing it.

I cut my own hair and have for years. It's so thick and curly, if i screw up, no one knows it. I used to color my hair at home too, because i always looked like Priscilla Presley when the salon did it. Now i am letting the color grow off, just going to embrace the gray.
    Lalique likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information