Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wisdom f*cking teeth!

I had all 4 of mine removed in one go probably 8 years ago now. I saw an Oral Surgeon who did a great job. I believe they were all impacted, but I could be wrong....they were breaking the surface.

Afterwards I can barely remember my dad driving me home in my doped up state and putting me to bed. Hours later I woke and tried to go to sleep on the bathroom floor, about 1/2 way in the hallway and 1/2 way in the bathroom - I wanted to be close to the sink to spit out the blood. After sleeping off the drugs for a few hours I was feeling pretty good. I ate a lot of applesauce and soft foods. I never took any of the percocet they gave me, just stuck with Advil.

I had a friend get hers done at the same time and she was sick for 2 weeks, was dizzy and throwing up for probably 3 days. She had horrible dry sockets!

Guess I was super lucky or just had a great Oral Surgeon.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Dry sockets were the worst pain I've ever felt in my life, even worse than labor contractions. Didn't get them with my wisdom teeth, but got them when my bicuspids were pulled for braces.

My lower left wisdom tooth has erupted through the gum. I woke up several days ago and felt pressure in my ear and near my jaw but thought it may have been my sinuses because it's quite cold here. Anyway, when flossing my teeth today I saw the nasty little bugger.

A*O, I think you are an Aussie so I have a couple questions. Yes, I have booked an appt with a dentist, unfortunately I have to wait two weeks (but my name is on the list in case of a cancellation) because I don't fit the emergency criteria.

I absolutely don't want to be awake - if I get sedated, can they do it by gas? And also can they perfom more than one procedure at once? I have a temporary filling that has been in for quite a while because I've been scared to have it out. Could they replace the filling and pull the wisdom tooth?

I will ask the Dentist all of this when I see her, I just thought I'd see if you knew.
    ssabmud

my wisdom tooth comes thru the gum once a year like clockwork, hurts like a bitch.

funny this thread came up. Hubs bottom teeth are all screwed up from poor dental hygiene and soda. i finally convinced him to get them yanked. He's having it done today, and they've already fitted him for a plate. anyone ever had this done?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    my wisdom tooth comes thru the gum once a year like clockwork, hurts like a bitch.

funny this thread came up. Hubs bottom teeth are all screwed up from poor dental hygiene and soda. i finally convinced him to get them yanked. He's having it done today, and they've already fitted him for a plate. anyone ever had this done?
    OMFG, mine does the same thing. I may finally have the top ones taken out or just one because I'm noticing the slightest shift of one of my eye teeth (is that right) over one of my front teeth; just the tiniest bit...
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

echhhh..just been to the dentist today for a filling, just getting feeling back in my lower jaw now

I had my wisdoms out 5 years ago this December. All 4, at the same time, under GA. My bottom wisdoms were growing towards my teeth sideways and were decayed to the point of no return...anytime I ate anything spicy or warm I would practically be in tears. Not fun. I had to wait 6 months on the NHS before they could get me in to get 'em out...again, not fun.

It was totally worth it though, I can't imagine now being in the near constant pain I was in back then. I used to wake up in the morning and have about 5 seconds of No Pain and think 'yay!' before my senses kicked in and it came back for the day.

Just get them out if they hurt..it's a few hours worth of pain for a lifetime of never having to worry about them again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information