Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom f*cking teeth!

Ta. My dentist is a friend of mine, so I facebooked her for advice.

Should all be good - have all the instructions on not eating or drinking hot/cold things la di da. Off to pop some more panadeine (paracetemol/codiene, about the only thing I can take with my dodgy, ulcer prone stomach) and nod off I think.

This bugger's starting to hurt Felt fine til now, but a definite ache starting to form around the area that was drilled and pulled

at least you didnt fall off the gurney like i did
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    1) do not take any blood thinning painkillers. Your clots will burst and you'll be gushing blood like something out of the exorcist. Saw it happen.. looked cool, but very gory.

2) Get some good codeine painkillers... trip balls. You have a week to be high.. enjoy it.

3) Get more gauze. Do what you can to brush what's left of your teeth, because with all the blood and whatnot your mouth smells like carrion about now and nobody likes the smelly kid.
    #2 YES!!!!!!!! My little sister just had her's pulled the poor girl but she stayed properly doped up for a couple of days.

#3 Stay home and properly doped up and don't breath on people...

I know I'm eventually going to have mine out but I don't even want to think about it.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I had mine removed about two years ago. I had four, and the oral surgeon had to cut out pieces of my jawbone to remove them. When I looked at them after the surgery, I was amazed to see how huge they were.

They started me out on Vicodin but after a few days it just stopped controlling the pain. They switched me to Demerol, which wasn't really any better, but they wouldn't increase my dosage because they said I was taking the maximum amount they could give me for my size.

My entire face was swollen and bruised for several weeks afterwards. My mom thought it was hilarious to take photos of me passed out on the couch, bleeding from my mouth which was stuffed full of gauze and ice packs strapped to my face and e-mail them to all of our relatives and family friends.

I also couldn't eat solid food for about a month after the procedure.

Overall, it wasn't a pleasant experience!

good lord, what quack butchered your face??

mine were all impacted, and i had them all removed.. plus 4 other teeth.. i was swollen but only for a few days.. could eat solid foods after about 3
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

good lord, what quack butchered your face??

mine were all impacted, and i had them all removed.. plus 4 other teeth.. i was swollen but only for a few days.. could eat solid foods after about 3
    They also forgot to give me the syringe to clean the wounds. When I called about a week and half after getting the surgery asking why my mouth tasted like dog shit they were like, "Ohhhh yeah. You're supposed to be cleaning the sockets with a syringe." They were full of rotten blood and just disgusting stuff.

This does not sound like fun. I still have all of mine and have not had any problems. I had 4 molars pulled as part of orthodontic treatment which effectively made room for the wisdom teeth to grow in without incident.

One of my eye teeth was impacted which needed oral surgery (they had to cut into my palate) though so I think I understand to a small degree at least the discomfort others are describing.

These teeth are surprisingly huge aren't they? I asked my dentist (much to her surprise) if I could have a look at it afterwards.... I'd only been able to feel a tiny bit of it for the past 2 years, but there was this HUGE tooth lying, all bloody, on the tray.

I feel okay now. Slightly like someone belted me in the face with a brick, but it's really not that bad. Just annoyed I can't have any hot drinks for another 12 hours... I'm a firm believer that a cuppa tea fixes every thing!

It was a simple extraction, just popped out (y'know... "just"... after half to 3/4s of an hour of straining, wiggling and pulling and 3 shots of anaesthetic to shut me up) so no surgery butcher stories. Apparently dental surgeons are far more butchery than their chair-based extraction counterparts.

Next ones will have to be surgically removed, but that's in the basket of things to do next year when I'm working instead of studying, and thus can actually afford it.

I had all four of mine removed at one time..two were all the way out, and the other two were impacted under the gum..growing sideways into my other teeth..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I had 4 done at once..impacted.. I had no problems at all. No swelling even.. even went out the next night no drinking but I went out. I was in my prime then..

I do remember thinking that I was never gonna be able to open my mouth all the way up..I had to slide a fork in..I thought they stitched something up too tight, but that went away in a couple days.

I ate KFC mashed potatoes for about a week I remember that. I have no desire for them..ever again.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

actually mashed potatoes and gravy could be a good option right now. Scrambled eggs just isn't filling the whole in my belly!

I still can't really eat properly - trying to avoid getting food in the hole, and my teeth which were filled and had pressure on them while the wisdom tooth was coming out are still pretty sore. And it's really shitting me because I'm STARVING!

jesus, you were awake?!

serious quackery. they should knock you out!

I think I mentioned this on some similar thread, but I was awake when I had all four of mine out, given only plenty of lidocaine injections. I believe 3 of the 4 were impacted. Also important, none had twisted or abnormally deep roots, which is the cause for some people getting their jaw cut into.

Fortunately I was working for a dentist who specialized in extractions--not an oral surgeon, he was just very skilled at taking out teeth and popped them all out in 5 minutes--and it was free.

Took only lots of aspirin and tylenol for pain. Brushed as I would regularly, just babied the area for about a week. I rinsed with water from the faucet, a couple of times with warm salt water. I was fine and well on my way to healed in a week or two.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I had 3 out of 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled 8 months ago. They were all impacted and growing toward my other teeth (unbeknownst to me, pushing my teeth forward),
    so my dentist loaded me up with lidocaine ( I HATE that damn needle), and pulled them out. She stitched up all 3 wounds, so none were open and I was able to eat solid foods the next day. I have an extremely high pain tolerance, so this wasn't a big issue for me, but I can see how it would bother a lot of people.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

jesus, you were awake?!

serious quackery. they should knock you out!
    Yeah - it wasn't wisdom teeth removed by surgery, it was just a (relatively) simple extraction. "simple"... but took a fair bit of wiggling...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information