Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom f*cking teeth!

Your wisdom teeth are impacted. That's how mine were. I started to notice their arrival when I was about 18. Every few months to a year, they would act up...as if they were trying to emerge through the gums. Finally, when I was 24, they became extremely painful and were determined to come through. I had 5 for some unknown reason (one was growing in on top of another), all impacted. I went to an Oral Surgeon and as others have pointed out, this is a MUST! They knocked me out with twilight (three types of anesthesia) and cut them all out. It hurt, I'm not going to lie to you, but I was so glad to be done once and for all. I was on Darvocet and antibiotics for a week.

so far my bottom one hurts more then the 2 on top... the bottom was impacted though. But it might also be to the fact that i may have tried to eat my inside cheek while my face was numb.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

i dont have any on the bottom, but holy hell, there is NO ROOM on the bottom at all. I have all teeth, no space whatsoever. Does everyone get the bottom? I definately have the top ones, but there was space up there. I'm confused.

A*O

The bottom ones are there but still buried inside your gum/jaw. Look at the xrays. Enough with the prevaricating - go and have the mofo's OUT.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Did the dentist tell you that you didn't have bottom ones? Many people don't get all of them, and some people get none. If that's the case, you lucked out! (on two anyway)

Bronze Member

Get them all out as soon as you can with an oral surgeon! I had mine taken out 2 at a time (forget why). It took awhile to heal after the 1st two, but the recovery time after having the second set taken out was fast (think I was back at work the day after).

on my bottom i only had one ...the xray showed thatthe other one was completely MIA but do not assume that you do not have wisdom teeth just because you can't feel them. i couldnt feel any of mine. they were never going to show through the gum line as they had nowhere to go. the dentist will recommend you for a OPG xray(??) and a lateral thingymajinga. there are plenty of places for wisdom teeth to hide in the back the xray will tell you exactly what your situation is.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Gold Member

I have all mine, they've never bothered me at all. If they don't bother you and your mouth has room you could consider leaving them.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

My xray showed no bottom ones. Just the top fuckers. Yay

you lucky bitch!! congratulations keep us updated!!

I only had three come in, two top ones and the bottom right.

I had the right side ones removed under general anaesthetic, and loved it! The feeling of going under was a lot of fun! That must be why people do drugs However, I must be really sensitive to the stuff, because my boyfriend had to carry me from the office to the car, and into the house, and I didn't actually wake up until the next day. Never had any pain problems, just ate soup, etc.

The upper left I had pulled in the dentist's office. I was there for something else one day and he just says, "this needs to come out" and yanked it. Didn't have any problems with that one, either, and it was less trouble then all the work for the trip to the oral surgeon.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    I went to my orthodontist today and she tells me my wisdom teeth have arrived and that i should make sure to keep getting check ups at the dentist. She said they hadn't come through yet though- which i assume is through the gum? They're not a problem yet. Has anyone had them removed, had them come through and had trouble with them, or still has them with no problems? I'm hoping i'll be the latter.....
    I had mine removed about 1 year and a half ago. My first wisdom tooth did not even appear on xray until I was in my mid twenties. I began having horrible tooth pain where one of the teeth was coming through the gum and I developed an abscess. I was on antibiotics for awhile but my MD suggested I go to see my dentist. My dentist took xrays and decided I needed to see an oral surgeon to have all 4 teeth removed. 2 were impacted. It was the best decision for me to have all 4 removed at once. One surgery, one dose of anesthesia. I don't remember much of that first day. I was pretty sore and swollen. I never bruised and I never got dry sockets. I took 3 days off work (the night before since I work night shifts, and I had to be NPO after midnight, so it was best for me to be sleeping and then 2 days after the surgery), so I only took the pain meds regularly for those first couple days. After that I only took them after work, since you really should not be driving or anything on those meds. I was in considerable pain for about a week, but it was more of a dull nagging pain.
    I am glad I had them all removed at once even though they did not necessarily all need to be removed at that time. My insurance covered the entire thing 100%, which was wonderful. I only had a $5 co-pay on the pain meds. I say if you need it done, just do it. I was in more pain with the damn abscess in my mouth than I was after the surgery itself.

^^Mine were so painful in the week prior to getting them removed that I was on painkillers then, too! The breakthrough on the gum line was unbearable! The healing afterwards wasn't so bad because I knew I was done, so long as I didn't get the dreaded dry sockets. I did get some bruising on my face too, but it didn't bother me.

OK, I just had one of these fuckers ripped out... any tips?

Nothing's really aching (like, it is a bit, but it's not excruciating) but I am a bit worried that I'm still bleeding a bit. I'm also fed up with the whole gauze stuffed in mouth business, mainly because I'm down to wringing out my last piece of gauze to de spit and de blood it so that it seems to do anything (my jaw is also cramping up from having weird things shoved in my mouth)

Any ideas??

Off to look at the Nikki Sixx thread again to improve my mood...

1) do not take any blood thinning painkillers. Your clots will burst and you'll be gushing blood like something out of the exorcist. Saw it happen.. looked cool, but very gory.

2) Get some good codeine painkillers... trip balls. You have a week to be high.. enjoy it.

3) Get more gauze. Do what you can to brush what's left of your teeth, because with all the blood and whatnot your mouth smells like carrion about now and nobody likes the smelly kid.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information