Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom f*cking teeth!

A*O

It means they are there and might come through and will probably cause problems. Whip them out now. Seriously. They are not toxic or 'dangerous' now and maybe they won't be for a year, maybe 10 years, maybe 20 years but they WILL be a problem so deal with it now.

TALK about this with your dentist. It's YOUR mouth so take charge and discuss your options/concerns/questions.

I was told by my dentist 20yrs ago to have my wisdom teeth out but I was stubborn and said that while they were decay-free and not causing any bite problems then I wanted to keep them. Fine. Now they are beginning to cause problems (decay, bite, etc) and they will have to come out anyway. I wish I'd done it in the first place.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I wore braces for 3 years and if these wisdom teeth fuck that up, there will be hell to pay. Speaking of pay, isn't it like $2000 a tooth to get them out?

Does genetics have anything to do with it, because both my parents still have their wisdom teeth at 50, and 47 years old, and never had problems with them.

Speaking of pay, isn't it like $2000 a tooth to get them out?
    WOW! Boy am I grateful for our few and far between NHS dentists!! I only had to pay 6 for my prescription!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

A*O

You need to be discussing all these questions with your dentist. He has the Xrays. Seriously. If you have them out it's NOT a big deal but get your facts first. I had one widsom tooth out and it was about $200 ??? Ask the questions.
    Dame Edna Everage

No it's not 2000, otherwise i'll keep the sucker in! they quoted around 200, depending on how hard it is to take it out. Im going next Thursday after work, then im taking Friday off to recover. I shall give you an update when its been removed.

I've decided to get them out, i'm not worried about it. For someone who will probably get breast augmentation one day, i cant be scared of something like teeth removal, when the others is much more major a surgery. I'm more worried about my straight teeth being messed up, and lately i've had ear ache and a sore throat and sometimes i have trouble opening my mouth wide to smile, i thought nothing of it but looks like its the wisdom teeth that are causing the problems.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; April 25th, 2007 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Agree 100%.
    Agree 200%. LISTEN TO THIS!!
    By the time I went in it looked like I had mumps and it hurt!! I should have gone sooner, but nooooo.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i actually got my 3 wisdom teeth out on Friday my chubby swollen cheeks have only just gone down and the bruises have just started to show around jaw (im assuming this is where the doctor held my face as they are thumb print shaped) I had general anesthetic, so its not so much painful as uncomfortable because your mouth area is numb when you wake up. You dribble alot and you can't control your face because you cant feel it. They gave me a panedeine drip so i was pleasantly relaxed leaving the hospital and they gave me a nice supply of awesome painkillers. Ive stopped taking them as of yesterday but they really take the edge off of the pain but you can still feel a slight ache in your face. i ate nothing but jelly and soup for the first 2days and then i eased back into really soft foods. But really its not all that bad i was expecting far worse. Meh its done and over .. good luck with yours.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

^Since you're an aussie (and if i remember correctly, you live in QLD) how much did it cost you?

Just be thankful you have a normal amount, I had 6 of them....

Went to an oral surgeon and had them out my senior year of high school. You're pretty bruised up for about a week, and they do give you some strong pain meds, which I opted not to take after the 1st day (personal thing, I don't like feeling out of it, I go for natural pain treatment when possible).

Yup good memory i am indeedy in qld but keep in mind that i only had 3 wisdom teeth. The impacted one was $305 and the two others were $275 each. Hospital fees were $475 and anesthetists bill was $325.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I had my top two pulled out at the same time with local anesthesia (sp?) even if they're ready to come out theres no need to pull them out unless they bother your teeth structure or are painful.

I had my top two pulled out first because they had come in straight. I was just given novacaine for the procedure, and there was no pain at all. The bottom two were impacted, and I had them out about 6 months later. I was sedated for the procedure. I was in a little bit of pain afterwards, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Compared to my breast reduction, it was a walk in the park.

A*O

The top ones are more painful than the lower ones (something about more nerve endings in your top jaw). I had one out with a local and although I couldn't feel a thing it was a bit scary having the dentist practically kneeling on my chest to get the right pulling angle... and those crunching sound effects.......... [shudder]. Have it done under general by an Oral Surgeon. Seriously.
    Dame Edna Everage

^^ ohhhhhhh I really hope so bc the top 2 I had no pain what-so-ever but I'm getting one of the bottom ones out tomorrow and I heard that they hurt more!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information