Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who had or has acne?

Default Re: Who had or has acne?

I had bad skin when I was in high school. To make matters worse, I have very sensitive skin and am allergic to benzoyl peroxide. Salicylic acid worked for me for years, but recently it's been excessively drying my skin out and I've had to go off it. I'm seriously considering going back on the pill, since I've noticed my skin wanting to break out again recently.

I was put on Accutane, and like SVZ said, horrible side effects, but it worked. Anything that requires you to take a pregnancy test every month because of the damaging side effects it also does to a baby CANNOT be good! Now, I get the occasional 1-3, depending on the time of month and what I ate. I too agree that food definately plays a big part in it!

I never had very severe acne, but I always have had pimples now and then, usually depending on what I eat. Lots of chocolate and rich foods = lots of pimples
    I'm planning to go off the pill next year (been on it for 8 years, I'm going to try another contraceptive) and what you girls are saying is "scaring" me... although I didn't see a difference between before/after taking the pill on my acne, so maybe it plays no role for me?
    "Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

My face was clear as a bell in my teens. I didn't get acne until I was an adult. Now, I mostly get breakouts before my period. I do sometimes have a problem with blackheads if I don't wash properly. I have started using Oil of Olay facewash...it makes my face so soft... Luckily I have never had a lot of problems, and neither have my daughters.
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

I had severe cystic acne that didn't start until I was an adult. I did a course of Accutane when I was 24, it worked great, but it came back and I had to do it again when I was 29. Now my skin is great (I'm 35) but I think I might have grown out of it by now anyway.

I don't have acne, my mum keeps saying it's because of the good genes she passed me. She didn't have acne when she was growing up. My sis doesn't either. I have the occasional pimple but i guess that's normal. Somewhow when i eat too much chocolates i get pimples.
    yes ncy is a typo, that's what happens why i don't get my coffee.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

um i have had acne/big painful volcanoe zits for everyday of my life since I was 8! I have always said that if only I could put an oil rig on my face; i'd be so damn rich, cause my face is quite the little oil producer.

accutane cured most for a year, but some came back jack
    at least its only on my face, some poor people have it on their chest and back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani
    I was looking at trying out the dermalogica products, has anyone used them at all?
    I use Dermalogica. If I don't eat anything processed + no rice, potatoes, etc. 70% of the time and get a facial every 2-4 weeks, my skin is good enough for me to go out without makeup. I use their antibac wash, scrub, oil control lotion, and active moist.

But if I eat chocolate, or bread, or anything other than 90% fruit and vegetables I look like hell. I've had acne since the age of 8, really bad acne since age 11 (not large bad enough for accutane, but persistent enough to resist everything else) and it only looked really good (compliment-worthy good) when I stuck 100% to the Zone Diet and it's "good" mini block guide for about six months. I stopped going to my dermatologist because he's a total idiot...he says diet has nothing to do with it, and he does something called "acne surgery" where he pokes at my face with something very sharp and painful that has left red blotches all over my skin even when there are no raised zits.

I had the most horrible acne when I was younger, with both volcanoes and small pimples, I looked awful. After I got something called Dalacin (like penicillin to use on the skin) a couple of years ago, they cleared up. But I still get pimples if I don't watch it... Usually these big volcanoes on my chin, they're awful. I also have these red spots from when I had severe acne, but I went on the Dalacin again and it's clearing up those, too. I also tried benzoyl peroxide (sp?), and that helped me a little with the red spots, too.
    Mmm... Am I wrong, or did it just get fatter in here?

I had mild acne as a teen. I am 31 now and I still break out from time to time. Usually it is a cue to my period.

Silver Member

I have had bad acne since I was 18. I get the biggest zits on my chin, they actually amaze people. I don't know anyone else that gets zits as big as I do. Before they come up they feel like golfballs under my skin, then they come up as big green bubbles. If I pop them they just refill again. My skin has gotten a lot better since I started to use Tazorac. But now and again I will still get a huge one here and there on my chin, but not nearly as many as I used to,, I used to look like I got beaten in the face. Thank god for my dermatologist she put me on Tazorac and Benzaclin and they both really help.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by tofucheesecake
    I use Dermalogica. If I don't eat anything processed + no rice, potatoes, etc. 70% of the time and get a facial every 2-4 weeks, my skin is good enough for me to go out without makeup. I use their antibac wash, scrub, oil control lotion, and active moist.

But if I eat chocolate, or bread, or anything other than 90% fruit and vegetables I look like hell. I've had acne since the age of 8, really bad acne since age 11 (not large bad enough for accutane, but persistent enough to resist everything else) and it only looked really good (compliment-worthy good) when I stuck 100% to the Zone Diet and it's "good" mini block guide for about six months. I stopped going to my dermatologist because he's a total idiot...he says diet has nothing to do with it, and he does something called "acne surgery" where he pokes at my face with something very sharp and painful that has left red blotches all over my skin even when there are no raised zits.
    All I know is everything I've tried has wrecked my body so I'm thinking its time to go 100% natural - or as close to it as I can. I'm trying out Tissue Salts. I like the idea of the diet you're on, though I'm not that great at sticking to really strict meal plans and the like. I all ready 'Eat Clean' so the bread i do eat is so unprocessed I have to buy the day I want to eat it otherwise it's got mould on it by the next day. Lots of fruit, vegies, nuts, legumes etc.

I have in the past used benzoyl peroxide which, despite working for a short time and sticking with it over 6 months, just ended up making the problem worse. I now get acne a lot more then before I started on the regime.

i always used to get spots just on my chin but lately ive been noticing like bumps on my cheeks, theyre not full blown spots just little lumps that never come to nothing but with makeup you cant see them i can just feel them. theyre not bothering me too much but if the ever do 'll be down the doc's but my mum had kinda funny skin too at my age so i'll just see what happens.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ yeah i think those are called white-heads and i've had a bad problem w/ them for as long as I can remember, they got way worse in college, acutane cured most of them, but i still get them on my cheeks which is a really wierd place and arond the corners of my mouth! the only way to reduce them is to poke them w/ a needle cause they're too deep to pop and the white stringy stuff comes out and its a big ugly scab after that, and soon it just fills up again! They suck!!

^^oh no its not whiteheads its just like a spot with no head just like a little pink lump, you cant pop them theres nothin to pop theyre just raised on my cheeks, little buggers!

i always thought whiteheads were a sign of high colesteral or is that just when theyre round your eyes, or am i totally imaginging everything??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information