Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: When should you give in to grey?

Hit By Ban Bus!

I've used that for forever It smells divine. I use it occasionally... I switch all around. If Sally Beauty Supply has a good twofer sale on it, I usually pick it up to keep on hand.

We have a commercial with all Aussies in it btw - it's the entire family or something (that owns the company).

Do you think it would be great for damaged hair? If so, I will definately look into purchasing some off ebay. I read some other site and the Aussies were cracking! It apparantly used to be sold here. A bunch of them wrote to Proctor and Gamble and they said they will forward them on and see what happens.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It's so damn CHEAP here Voodoo I'd hate for you to pay premium prices for it. Just look what my daughter had to pay for Kerastase because it's European. She paid a total of 35 bucks for 5 oz. It's a lot better product that Aussie Mega if you ask me. How much is it on eBay, anyway?

It used to be more expensive years ago, but lately it's very cheap. I think you can do better for intensive conditioning, which it sounds like you're looking for. Did you see my post about coconut oil? That works really well for me. My hair's pretty dry now that I color it every 3 weeks and it's grey and I'm older. It used to be very oily.

Yes I am going to the shops later today and get some coconut oil and a whole host of supplements. I am armed with a list of stuff to get. There were so many hair sites for damaged hair etc. I was up until midnight reading them. I may also get a trim today to see if that helps a little as well. Thanks for all your help too btw.

I haven't priced the Aussie stuff on Ebay yet. The way some people were raving about it, I thought that could of been the answer :-(

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well it's still good stuff, but I think right now you're doing the right thing with the oil and the salon treatment. Don't skimp, you'll regret it.

About a year after that seven-step 911 treatment, my hair finally did start breaking off quite a bit and I had to cut six inches. The salon lady had warned me about that probably happening. But for a year it really, really helped. And the cutting was ok too because I was 45, it was time to cut the long hair shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I agree,i am sixty and i dye my hair a nice freaky shade of fuchsia red
    I LOVED seeing this in Europe. In Barcelona, older ladies--not all of them "hippies" either and surely some were older than 60--decked out in really bright shocking shades of red, pink, yellow and blue hair tints. They were all dressed up in their "Sunday best" (which was really just everyday style for Europeans) and they really pulled it off. They looked great, like dignified ladies with a great sense of style who simply knew what suited them and were trying something different.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information