Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When should you give in to grey?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ah, but it's only my MOON in Gemini... you're the real deal!

Call me crazy but I've always had a fascination with grey hair. I think it's sexy and can't wait til I'm all grey! Am only 26 so I've got awhile to go but I welcome it.

I think when your carpet is pretty much all grey, it's time for the drapes to match.

dark,so funny..
    You could change the carpet,though,or use wooden floor,no hair..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Hit By Ban Bus!

darksith and effie!

I'm in my early forties and I have a ton of grey ... one of the side effects of having children. Fortunately, it blends in quite well with my natural hair colour. I don't mind it at all.

I have to say, the close up of Camilla was a fright. I think I might have sprouted a few more grey hairs after seeing that!

I think the first lady's hair looks lovely - it looks really soft and there is some depth to the colour. The others look fine, but I just don't think very white-grey hair is for me. It's very one-dimensional, which is what I hate about my natural mousy hair now.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I started going grey at 21. That was about 11 years ago....and I color my hair regularly.

I will, however, allow myself to be have a lovely dignified silvery bob when I'm, like, sixty. Because it looks silly when 60 year old ladies dye their hair really dark.
    I'm with you Lily, when it's not done right it's worse than the grey, but I don't see an issue if it's well looked after, whatever the colour....
    It really is a personal choice thing, but I like the "anti-anti-aging" movement!

I'm really surprised that Anna Piaggi isn't mentioned as she has had grey hair for years & has been around the fashion circuit as long as it's been grey! Anna Piaggi: Beauty Icon on Style.com
    Free Charmed.

One bit of hope I have to look forward to-my real hair color is ash-no red in it at all, so I won't have cotton-candy white like some ladies do. Mine will be that rich gleaming silver-just like my Dad's!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

You lucky thing McJag!

I do think that ash-toned blonds are going to be luckier than the reds here; and it does seem to suit them - having said that Anna Ford was a very dark brunette & she looks great!
    Free Charmed.

I think white or silver hair can be stunning. There's something about when you age your skin tone changes and trying to have black hair or any dark color really looks ridiculous.

I'm kind of torn myself right now. I have very dark brown hair which is turning silver just in front of the ears. If I were a man I'd be very distinguished but not sure how it goes on a woman. I'm not eager to start dying it every few weeks. There is still some question about the very dark dyes perhaps causing cancer too.

My hair was dark brown, white has been growing in slowly for the last 20 years or so. How my hair looks totally depends upon the lighting. It can look a very dull greyish, or a vibrant shiny gold and silver. I think a good cut has a whole lot to do with it. White roots look really bad though, I don't color, don't have the impetus to keep it up every few weeks. I agree about the change in skin tone, dyed dark hair is too dramatic, soft middle tones seem to be more flattering.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Hit By Ban Bus!

I was listening to this National Feral Cat day segment on the radio, and they said please don't take on a cat unless you can commit to the cat for its lifetime.

It's exactly the same with hair. A very time-consuming, tedious and expensive commitment. A real drag and pain much of the time, especially when the company changes their formula and you have to search for another one that works for you. Of course, the reward is a nice look and the dye adds body (though washes out quickly after a couple shampoos).

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    dark,so funny..
    You could change the carpet,though,or use wooden floor,no hair..

I have been using dark brown Garnier Belle Colour but I think it's too flat and dark. It's darker than my natural hair is anyway.

I picked up Natural Golden Brown last night (same brand) so will slap that on next time I need to. I do have a bit of red/gold in my hair and I think the ash is just too flat a colour for me.

But it's confusing because different lights make me change my mind depending on where I am. Some photos I like, some I don't. Aargh!
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoog View Post
    But it's confusing because different lights make me change my mind depending on where I am. Some photos I like, some I don't. Aargh!
    I have the same problem, as I suspect most of us do. I use something a little darker than I actually like and then it lightens up after a couple washings. I experiment a lot with lightest golden brown, throw in some reddish blonde, and also throw in a little dark auburn so my roots will cover better.

Having a lot of trouble with L'Oreal lately, and the Clairol I used last time didn't do the trick either. They keep changing their formulas every so often and then it no longer works well on the grey.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information