Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When did your body start to sag?

Default Re: When did your body start to sag?

FahQ:Actually, I kid, they are'nt too bad, a little saggy, but not that big a deal. My ass is dragging on the floor though.

I use that term too! I picture a hilarious bum dragging behind you...

Im 27 - fake boobs, no sagging, wrinkling. I DO however have stretch marks since teenagedom - on butt. Metabolism has slowed, when i was younger i was called an Ethiopian victim. Not anymore - my weight rarely fluctuates, 5kg over 5yrs really. Have started training now, 3months. Going for lipo in a few weeks to even out my chunky upper thighs! Yippee
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

Bronze Member

1. When did you first notice that your body started to sag, (if it has at all)?

I just turned 34. I have three kids, and with each pg, I had bedrest for 5 months -- that was hell on my figure. I've also been breastfeeding nearly 7 years straight, and I go from a B/C to a DD right after birth. I think that the main effect has been on my breasts --- right before I got pg the last time, I had deflated down to a B. That was at 32/33.

2. At which stage in your life were you hapiest with your body shape?
    Right before I got pregnant this time! 32/33

3. Have you always been confident with your body?
    Nope. I'm from one of those families where I grew up hearing how fat I was, so I had a really distorted view of my own body.

Now that I'm older, feel great about working out, and am stronger than I've ever been, I feel better about my body. I realize that I wasn't fat back then, and I'm comfortable at my pre-pg weight and size (not quite back there yet). I'm super-short, and am naturally curvy. I like being a size 4, which is not the smallest I've been, but it's the smallest healthy size I can be.

4. I've recently heard that having a child destroys your figure. If you've had children, what impact did this have on your body?

Breast inflation/deflation. I didn't get any stretch marks from pregnancy, but the months and months of bedrest/pregnancy complications/ and long hospitalizations wrecked havoc on my metabolism and body, in that I lost tons of muscle mass and got very weak, and had to build back up from scratch. This last pregnancy, I was 32-33, had the longest period of bedrest, and ended up having an emergency c-section. I had problems with my incision healing, and I think that was a setback (7 months later, and I still get "micro-tears" in my incision, which affects my ability to work out as hard as I would like to). But, I anticipate that within a few more months, I'll be in better shape than ever.

If I was going to get any PS, it would be a tummy tuck, because I have extra skin on my belly I can't get rid of. But, I can't imagine voluntarily undergoing something that would limit me from working out for 6 or 8 weeks, and with all the problems I've had with my c-section incision, I don't want to reopen that for tummy tuck.

I'm 35 and don't have any children. I'm built like Olive Oyl. Actually, I'm built like Selma Blair. It's a genetic thing-tall and lanky. I'm built like my Mom and Grandmother. I'm totally flat so there's nothing there to sag. But my butt droops and started drooping at about age 34 and it's had stretch marks since high school when I grew about four inches in a year or so.

2. At which stage in your life were you happiest with your body shape?

I'm happiest with my body shape now. I've gotten teased my entire life about being flat and skinny. But once I hit my 30's I just stopped listening to other people. I know I'm fortunate to have the genes I do so I don't complain. My best friend has been dieting since she was a teen and I've seen how frustrated she gets with her weight, especially after having two children. I can't even imagine that struggle. It pains me that she gets so down on herself. I look at her and I see a woman's body- I mean she's got curves and has given birth. That's beautiful! My body is just sort of there but I'm finally cool with that because I know we all have to honor the bodies we have.

No. In High School and College I used to wear baggy tops to cover up the fact that I was flat because I got tired of being teased and told I looked like a boy. I completely hid away from people because I felt ugly and awkward.

4. I've recently heard that having a child destroys your figure. If you've had children, what impact did this have on your body?

I don't know if I'll ever be married or have children. I'd love to have children but I need to find the right guy first.

Silver Member

Not really sagging, but I noticed some sarcopenia between 41 and 43. I started going to the gym regularly to stop it.

When I was young I had a 22" waist. But I wasn't as muscular then as I am now. So I'd like to combine that waist with my current body.

Yes.

No children.

I just turned 35 and have no sagging yet. I exercise regularly, and have never been overweight.

I'm pretty happy with it right now, but I was probably happiest when I was 25, cuz I was superfit and had a six pack.

Yes.

No children.

I intend to keep up my healthy eating and exercise routine, although I'm pretty sure that I'll end up with some major stretch marks if I manage to give birth. I already have stretch marks on my boobs and thighs, just from puberty.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

What I think is sad is that most of us never appreciated how hot we really were when we were younger because all we did was focus on imaginary flaws. What a waste.
    Overall, I have a really nice body (think Kim K without the fake butt.....I may be a bit thinner than her). Maybe that sounds conceited and I don't mean for it to, but if we are allowed (even encouraged) as women to obsess and vocalize about our flaws, I'm damn sure going to make a point of paying attention to my good qualities and not take them for granted like I did in my 20's. I am 5ft 3 so any extra weight really shows. I am size 4 or 6 now and am lean and muscular. What I've noticed most is that I've actually come to a point at age 36 where what I eat matters and working out matters. In my 20's I couldn't buy a pound. Last year I slacked on my workouts because I was still resting on my laurels of being one of those blessed people who are just naturally fit (or so I thought). I was wrong. Maybe that would have been true 20 yrs ago. I am muscled but not in a body builer sort of way. I like that I have an hourglass shape with a small waist, but it sucks that any weight I gain goes straight to the hips and upper thighs. When you aren't tall 5 lbs can really make a difference and I got my wakeup call and responded in a serious way. I just can't take anything for granted like I used to and it hurts my ego but i will adjust.

No kids.

Biggest gripe: damn cellulite. We all have a bit but that doesn't make me like it better. I ought to make a bumper sticker:

Cellulite: All the proof I need that God is not a woman!

Gold Member

^ I'm 33 and I agree about not taking things for granted. I'm also from a culture that kind of appreciates being more voluptuous (India) however I live in LA where it's not appreciated. Lol.

My body went to hell at age 37. When I got sick and had to be on steroids for 2 yrs.

Up to that point... no sagging really, breasts were mommy breasts now... then again they get squishy after breast feeding.

Also up to that age I didnt really age much either. I have pics of me at 17 that look like me at 33 ... My kids wanted to know where they were in the earlier pics.... I laughed at them and said... there was no you!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm 35 and have one child. My body hasn't started to sag - at least not that I have noticed.

OCD

Some people have some really dumb ideas for example "Childbirth doesn't ruin your body it's all about diet and exercise" that's a crock.

So here are my answers as a 29 year old with 2 kids....

Sagging due to age started after age 26 or so though it's very minimal and seems to happen gradually. Hard to say I'm not that old.

I'd say never. When I was a teenager I was very self conscious, and I had kids young which changes your body again. I'd have to say I'm more comfortable now though.

It can have a huge impact, a lot of the potential "damage" is genetic and unavoidable. Certain people gain water weight no matter what, I did and got quite a bit of stretch marks, stretch marks are genetic and there is nothing really you can do except try to eat healthy and keep from over-gaining- hard to do if you have water retention issues. Also look at your mom naked this is a good indicator. I come from thin skinned pale people that end up like shredded wheat after pregnancy. The boobs? Ha. Where? Oh those sock thingys yeah..... My best advice, if you're that worried about your appearance skip bearing children. You won't have time to worry about how young and sexy you look, and if you are always worrying about that man I feel sorry for your poor kids.

My outlook is be the best you that you can be and screw everyone else. We all look different stop scrutinizing and agonizing about things that haven't happened, and things you can't do anything about- like aging.

I'm 35, so I feel I can answer these:

So I have a few questions for the ladies here of any age.

After having children and then even more so once I hit about 28 and my metabolism started to slow down.

2. At which stage in your life were you hapiest with your body shape? Late teens & early 20s was probably when I looked my best.

3. Have you always been confident with your body? No

4. I've recently heard that having a child destroys your figure. If you've had children, what impact did this have on your body? I didn't have hips until after I had my first child. I was straight up and down. After children though, everything changed. I had a tummy that was no longer flat, didn't matter what I did - I couldnt get rid of it. Boobs that changed in size and shape and so many stretch marks.

5. And if any men read this, how do you *honestly* feel about the sagging process in yourself, and your female partners?[/QUOTE] It's part of life - we can't be expected to look like 18 year old girls when we're 30, 40, 50 and so on.

Age 15... I started losing weight at a rapid weight and my body went to shit soon after

I'd have to say when I was at my slimmest.. although I'm sure many people will disagree.

Nope.. never

I've never had a child.. and I'm ashamed to say the effects that having a child can have on your body dissuade me from ever having kids.
    5. And if any men read this, how do you *honestly* feel about the sagging process in yourself, and your female partners?
    n/a

I started having my kids at 20 years old, so I don't know what age changes would have just naturally occurred at. I guess after my 3rd child, my body got to the point where I have to work much harder for those results that came so easily in my early 20's. So I'll say 26.

After my second child. I got down to 116 lbs but had a full chest from nursing. I was 22 years old.

Not really, I've gone through periods of being overweight and not confident.

The only part of my body that I'm not confident about it my stomach. After my 3rd child, I wasn't able to get it flat again. I've lost more weight this summer, so I may be one the way! But I have loads of stretch marks that have faded but changed the texture of my skin.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Age 52 when cartilage unexpectedly thinned and one of my hip bones started rubbing the leg socket, and I had to scale back activities like walking and hiking.

2. At which stage in your life were you happiest with your body shape?

From the age of 37 to 48. I had my children in my 30's.

High school was awful - I was slim with a JLo butt when it wasn't in vogue. Tuck-in shirts with sheath skirts were popular and I refused to wear them. It wasn't fun. But then the miniskirt came in and it was awesome for girls with a body like mine.

My body got better after childbirth. No stretch marks, and I was a belly dancer from age 40-46 (finally fulfilled a long-held dream).

Quote Originally Posted by bella View Post

Just turned 26... I still have those perky breasts (they're almost up to my neck, actually), but I'm getting worried (well, I must say I've been waiting for the saggy breasts to appear ever since I was 14...)
    I don't know... Very early 20s, and mid-20s...
    Not at all... But to this day, I still prefer my bod to my face...
    Childless here.
    5. And if any men read this, how do you *honestly* feel about the sagging process in yourself, and your female partners?
    Ahem... time for a little check in the mirror

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information