Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When it comes to shampoo, less is more

if i dont wash my scalp i get horrible dandruff so really, eff this thread

head n shoulders is mah frieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm trying to stop washing my hair everyday. Like I said in another thread it has more body the second day. A co-worker of mine didn't was her hair everyday and I could tell sometimes she had gone of days...greasy looking and her dark roots would show bad.

I wash mine every other day.. My hair always looks best the next day. On the washing day it's kinda fly away and the next it's relaxed. And I'm a night showerer. Always have been.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

I'm oily and active, so eff this thread for me too. I don't have a month or two to fuck around with having a grease factory on my head to readjust my glands to producing less oil to compensate. In my line of work, I would not be at all surprised if after a week or so I was literally pulled aside and made to go wash my hair before I could come back take care of patients.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I'm oily and active, so eff this thread for me too. I don't have a month or two to fuck around with having a grease factory on my head to readjust my glands to producing less oil to compensate. In my line of work, I would not be at all surprised if after a week or so I was literally pulled aside and made to go wash my hair before I could come back take care of patients.
    Not to mention that a lot of patients would be nervous to allow someone to touch them if they see a head full of greasy hair.
    Whenever I see someone like that, I just assume they're a dirty person. Imo, if someone has naturally dry and/or curly hair, it's easier for them go without washing it.
    Even before puberty I always had an oily scalp, so I washed my hair everyday. I don't care if it's not good for my hair, I'm just not going to let it turn into a greasy mess.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

if I washed my hair everyday, I'd have an overdried frizzball on my hands.... or even more of an overdried frizzball than usual. My hair simply doesn't need to be washed every day, and I never have done! Mum washes hers every 3-4 days and I grew up doing that. Switched to every 2nd day because fashion magazines suggested frequent washing was the thing to do and I was a young and dumb teen. Then I was told off by my hairdresser/sister when I whinged about it being frizzy!

Every 3rd day (or 2nd if it gets too greasy, which it sometimes does, depending on the heat, how much I'm sweating, what I've been doing - I find travelling is terrible, I have greasy hair no matter WHEN I washed it as soon as I get on a train, bus or plane!) Nice and simple. A good long treatment with heavy conditioner once a week, and it's not too bad.

My hair will never look like a supermodels but I've just learned to deal with the frizz (it's half straight, half curly and ALL frizzy - I can't get a hair style that requires one or the other to really work, which REALLY limits my options!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information