Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: What's your height?

Cool Aww Fer Shucks, Man!

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I can count on one hand the number of times I wear pants a year. Just feel more comfortable in skirts and dresses. I love dresses because it's the entire outfit taken care of. I live in a predominantly warm climate too, so i can't get enough of summery dresses. Even in winter I'll wear them, just under a coat. Long or short. But i avoid anything just above the knee.

I'm 5'9, which i don't hate for a second, but I love high heels and sometimes I feel the need to forgo them because it means standing out and I'm not necessarily comfortable with that. Plus I grew up with shorter women telling me "Tall women in high heels is unnecessary and stupid looking." So that was that. I resigned myself to smaller heels or flats because that was "appropriate."

The other thing is when I wear heels, i tower over most men. I had one come up to me in a club a few weeks ago and say "Fuck my life, fuck my life." I couldn't date someone shorter than me, sorry. For one I'm only ever attracted to tall men and for two, I'D HATE to be the taller one in the relationship.

Girl. I am five foot eleven in my bare feet. If you wear two inch pumps you are my height! The heck with you

I bet that guy you met at a club was married. He was probably like "Fuck my life I am married so I cannot get with that hot tall chick!" Am I right?

Plus I grew up with shorter women telling me "Tall women in high heels is unnecessary and stupid looking."
    I grew up hearing that too, mostly from my 5' 0" grandmother and 5' 5" cousin. If anything, high heels on tall women look better, because they make your legs look like they go on forever.

I'm 4'11".
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

^^^Snooki?? is that you?

5'2" My dad has seven daughters, none of us taller than that. My daughter's chances of being tall are not looking so good.
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

I grew up with shorter women telling me "Tall women in high heels is unnecessary and stupid looking."
    They sound bitter and jealous.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I had a weird experience once (re height) in a chat room. Back when chat rooms were the latest thing (everyone has tried it once, right) I accidentally typed 4'3 when asked my height and someone messaged me and he said "are you really 4'3?!!!!!!" Something like that but it looked like he was excited about it so I clicked out and never returned..lol. I also tried a chat room for lesbians once and the woman I started chatting with said she was a redhead and she was mean as hell.. lol again. Fun times.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

I am 5'7 but I wouldn't mind being a little taller.

I like the hem line to be a hand width above the knee or below the knee. When it is exactly on the knee it's unflattering for my legs.

I can count on one hand the number of times I wear pants a year. Just feel more comfortable in skirts and dresses. I love dresses because it's the entire outfit taken care of. I live in a predominantly warm climate too, so i can't get enough of summery dresses. Even in winter I'll wear them, just under a coat. Long or short. But i avoid anything just above the knee.

I'm 5'9, which i don't hate for a second, but I love high heels and sometimes I feel the need to forgo them because it means standing out and I'm not necessarily comfortable with that. Plus I grew up with shorter women telling me "Tall women in high heels is unnecessary and stupid looking." So that was that. I resigned myself to smaller heels or flats because that was "appropriate."

The other thing is when I wear heels, i tower over most men.
    I had one come up to me in a club a few weeks ago and say "Fuck my life, fuck my life." I couldn't date someone shorter than me, sorry. For one I'm only ever attracted to tall men and for two, I'D HATE to be the taller one in the relationship.
    No one should make statements like that. It's the same thing as "you are short so you should date short men". Yes, let's all be matched sets.

I sure won't be ever be the taller one in the coupling because I'm 5'1". A high heel can get me high enough to his shoulder least if we're going to dance. Kissing face to face never interested me anyway. I got used to wrenching my neck and being on my tippy toes. You should get to do the same!

I wear my platform shoes when out with two of my tall girlfriends. When we're walking I can't hear them all the way up there!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    ^^^Snooki?? is that you?
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I wonder what would happen if we had a thread titled "What's your weight?"....

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

everyone's trousers would burst into flames
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I wonder what would happen if we had a thread titled "What's your weight?"....
    Yeah, this thread has been very polite. Should I start a thread called If You Are 5'9" and Weigh 107 lbs (79 metres, 48kg), You're Fat and That's That.

I was thinking pretty much nobody would dare post in it. It's funny how some things one just does not discuss.

-- Stephen Hawking

I'm a shorty In fact, my best friends call me Midge I'm 5'1". I've always liked being short, but I hate that I really can't buy pants or jeans and just wear them. Everything requires hemming or alterations of some sort. I'm not a skirt or dress person at all. Mostly because I hate being cold and I'm cold all the time. Even in the summer!!

Also, I've never dated a guy that was short. I love tall guys. I don't care if I have to reach up and he has to reach down. I just love a tall guy...tall to me anyway...my SO is 6'.

As much as I have enjoyed being short, I hope my girl is on the tall side. Taller, I should say. I'm hoping for at least 5'5".

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information