View Poll Results: What's your go to hairstyle when it rains?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ponytail

13 33.33%
  • bun

4 10.26%
  • headband or scarf

0 0%
  • I don't do anything differently/use umbrella

22 56.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your go to hairstyle when it rains?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    You and me both, aries.

I checked 'bun' on the poll since there was no option for braid, but I pretty much alternate between the two.
    Yes, with longer hair, that bun can be a painful and pull on the scalp.

Do you have wavy hair? I do, so it's very prone to frizz.
    YES! I hate blow-drying it because it is colored and fine, so I don't want to make it damaged or thinned-out any more than it is.

Something I've found that really helps is to try not to touch it at all when it's wet. I used to wrap it up in a towel for a little while after a wash-- now I just squeeze out as much water as I can, comb through some anti-frizz serum and let it drip dry with NO touching. I get more shiny ringlets and a lot less frizz this way.
    If it looks messy after that point, do you try to brush it? Right there is my downfall. All the frizz returns.

As for Tera Patrick's hair, it is absolutely gorgeous! It's obviously naturally pin straight and probably also coarse, which means it's heavier so it hangs nicely.
    The shine, the shine!

^^ aries, ANY time I brush my hair it get frizzy. I save the brushing for right before a wash.

Once it dries, I gently fingercomb it from underneath. The next day I go over it carefully with a wide tooth comb and then kind of smooth it down with my hand.

Buns can be painful, but I've found that they stay nice and comfy when I use a hair fork.

I like buns, but Because i have alot of hair, whenever i do a bun it never stays up nicely. Unless i make it really tight with lots of clips and things- which i hate doing because it damages the hair and pulls more hair out and causes more breakage when i undo it all. Heres an illustration

You can see theres still bumps because the hair just all bunches up- i've never had a smooth flat bun or ponytail.

You've got some gorgeous and THICK hair there, Raspberry!! How long is it?

I've got a lot of hair too, so I just coil it up and insert a hairfork-- it's very comfy and easy on the hair.

Hairsticks are nice too, but I'm not that good at using them.

It's mid back but it used to be almost down to my waist and i always wore it down- when i got it cut to my shoulders my little brother (bless his heart) said to me- 'I've never seen your arms!' haha.

It frizzes like crazy as well.

Do you wear your hair down often sweetness? Or do you find it gets in the way too much? I'm always paranoid about my hair, in one of my highschool pictures i had it out and it covered the face of the boy standing next to me haha!

Wow Raspberry-- with all that hair I imagined it must be at least waist length!! Mine is at tailbone length now, but I'm thinking of trimming off a couple of inches because the ends are looking thinner than I like. I rarely wear it down in public because it does get in the way, but every now and then I do. Around the house it's usually down, but once I start cooking or cleaning up it goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information