Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your getting-ready routine?

A*O

I was raised with a basic BBC British accent, but I can do others if necessary. Aussie English is OK too. I can tweak it depending on circs.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I personally find FF very entertaining, I've gotten quite a few laughs out of her comments and complete lack lack of touch with any reality.

As for daily routines...well, I shower in the evenings, so in the morning, it's pretty much wash face, brush teeth, moisturize, brush hair, apply eyeliner and mascara, get dressed, and be out of the door in less than 20 minutes. And aside from the shower, I don't need much more time than this to get ready for a night out. One hour, maybe one and a half if I'm also doing my nails, and that's just once a week.

Good for you, Aella. I can't stand going to bed in clean sheets wearing a day's dirt! Don't know how anyone can. Especailly during flu season when people cough all over you!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Seems to me that Americans are much more upfront about their wealth and social status. Having lots of money and the trappings it buys is something to be proud of and they have no shame in bragging about it. I find it very tacky, rude and ill-bred but maybe that's because I'm an uptight European. Asking someone what they earn, how much the house cost, how much tax they paid last year, "my Benz is bigger than your Benz" shit, how much they donate to charity is the height of impertinance to me, but again, I was brought up on a different set of rules.

Money can buy you a lot of things, but it can't buy class and people who feel the need to brag about it have no class at all.
    That is how I was raised in New Orleans. Not only that but I was raised that if you have money you have a moral obligation to give some to charity, go out of your way to help the poor and be generous towards those less fortunate. Anything less was considered very declasse.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Good for you, Aella. I can't stand going to bed in clean sheets wearing a day's dirt! Don't know how anyone can. Especailly during flu season when people cough all over you!
    That's pretty much my thinking too-I don't really get any dirtier from sleeping, while walking around in the dust/smog all day can leave you feeling icky. The only time I shower in the morning is in the summer, and that's because I feel the need to shower at least twice a day in the Greek heat.

Seems to me that Americans are much more upfront about their wealth and social status. Having lots of money and the trappings it buys is something to be proud of and they have no shame in bragging about it. I find it very tacky, rude and ill-bred but maybe that's because I'm an uptight European. Asking someone what they earn, how much the house cost, how much tax they paid last year, "my Benz is bigger than your Benz" shit, how much they donate to charity is the height of impertinance to me, but again, I was brought up on a different set of rules.

Money can buy you a lot of things, but it can't buy class and people who feel the need to brag about it have no class at all.
    I think Americans that have recently come in to money, or the nouveau riche, happily brag about their wealth. My family always raised us to feel it is in extremely poor taste to brag about money, or anything for that matter. Bragging was verboten when I was growing up. Unfotunately, FF's attitude is the norm in Southern California, where I'm guessing she lives. It's all about what you drive, where you live, how thin you are and what you wear. It's a very "Notice me! Notice me!" society. Posh and Becks will be the King and Queen of the Notice Me's when they come.

You are absolutely right about money not being able to buy you class A*O. I was recently driving behind a pretty, blonde woman in a brand new Mercedes. We were at the stop light when she rolled down her window and spit!

ETA: Undercover Gator I loved reading your getting ready routine. It sounded heavenly. LOL.

Being an American is the greatest gift in the world. Were a superpower and the youngest country. For those who dont like it, no worries, we'll prolly be buying your country soon anway

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

uh, excuse me but have you actually seen the news lately? Particularly legitimate press such as the Washington Post, CNN or US News & World Report? Our standards are slipping much lower than many other countries these days, our government owes a tremendous financial obligation to several other nations, including a whopping sum to an Asian nation. This nation is hated and reviled due to the massive fuckup that is Iraq and the Marie Antoinette-like behavior of our commander in chief George W. Bush. We are the ones in danger of having our country bought and sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    Being an American is the greatest gift in the world. Were a superpower and the youngest country. For those who dont like it, no worries, we'll prolly be buying your country soon anway
    Oh noes! Femmefatale that's such an Ugly American statement. I'm curious, are you from SoCal?

and statements like that is way we are the most hated country in the world
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Hit By Ban Bus!

Femmefatale, if you believe we're still a superpower, you drank the Kool-Aid and haven't been exposed to the evidence. But of course in your circles the evidence is suppressed, ignored or ridiculed. Oh, and we don't BUY countries. We invade, occupy and dictate them. If you think we don't, you are sadly mistaken. ::shakes head::

The real dictators are behind the scenes, various special interest countries and groups. The identities of those countries and groups are for the discerning... IF you're interested, which of course you are not.

What, gonna get another loan from the Chinese to keep 'Murrica going? They already own your ass piecemeal. Most other countries are dumping the dollar in favor of the Euro as currency reserves because soon enough all the other countries who bankroll America's stupidity and splendor are going to come after their money once she defaults.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well Grimm when the time comes she can use her dollars to roll up her hair if need be... oh I forgot. Blowouts....

Maybe I'm old fashioned too...but this is how I was brought up. In the South of the U.S. no less. Money doesn't impress me at all. Especially if someone came by it too easily or they have to throw it in faces.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

ew roll up my OWN hair?

Thread Information