Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: What is your idea of beauty?

I know this probably sounds pretty pathetic, but what the hell.....the hottest women are the ones who look at me like they want me. If a woman is truly into me and makes it obvious that she finds me hot, it makes her much hotter than the snooty ones who look icy and beautiful and exude "Do Not Touch Me or Mess Up My Hair".....you know the type.....ice princesses.

Mr. Soj, those two guys look pretty much alike to me? Why do you prefer the one on the left? Sorry, I'm curious....ignore me if you want.....all the women do....

I want to be exotic too Sweetie. I'm just a plain jane looking girl. Put a stylish haircut on me and super makeup and I look like a plain jane trying too damn hard to be something she's not. I can't win. Guess I should just be glad I'm not ugly.
    Proud Mama....now where's my glass of wine?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Beauty? Natural and groomed. That simple.

Silver Member

Obviously pleasing to the eyes, but I truly think ALL of the most physically beautiful people I know are also some of the nicest people I know.

of course perceptions of beauty have changed...i think it would be weird if they did not.

Ever notice how courtney cox, demi moore, michelle phifer, terri hatcher, nicolette sheridan and all these other stars in their 40's look better NOW than they did back in their "prime" days?

Things like makeup, fashion and hairstyles have changed so much that even though these women were pretty before, they look even better now because looking at a photo of them from the 80's just makes them look very dated.

I totally agree that there should be more acceptance of all kinds of "looks" shapes and sizes as "beautiful" but the fashion and beauty industry pretty much depend on one "ideal" to keep afloat. If everyone could be considered beautiful, then no one would buy their products (clothes, makeup, 250$ flat irons etc...) It all comes down to economics. The beauty "ideal" needs to exist so that these billion dollar industries can keep the money rolling in.

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulVisions View Post
    Obviously pleasing to the eyes, but I truly think ALL of the most physically beautiful people I know are also some of the nicest people I know.
    I agree. Sure, there are some amazing looking people in the world but if they are an asshole, i honestly see them as ugly. They become so unappealing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulVisions View Post
    This is true for me as well.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I idealize dark hair and eyes, lightly bronzed (not tan) skin, wide-set eyes with a full eyelid, a narrow nose, and a lush (but not wide) mouth. I like features that adhere to the ideal 1.618 ratio. Symmetry is nice too. Christy Turlington and Grace Kelly have/had almost perfectly symmetrical faces.
    White teeth are important to me also. Yellow or crooked teeth tarnish the canvas.
    I also like noses that have an inverted triangle-shaped bridge. Cases in point, Britney and Marilyn Monroe.

Huh? How on earth do you know whether a person's features adhere to the 1.618 ratio?...
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

Everyone here has already said everything I could have said, and probably much better. So I'll just put this here:

Lily, Audrey IS beautiful. I bet you are too. It's only what's between your ears on this subject that's a little out of adjustment, and that can be remedied. Loving yourself isn't that difficult, you just need to relax into it.

Be yourself, enjoy yourself the way you are, and the right people for you will see it too. Those who don't, who cares? It's all a matter of taste in the end anyway.

I used to be down on my looks since I'm pale, short, big-bosomed, chubby-kneed, and have dark, curly hair and dark eyes. I grew up in the 70's when beauty and sexual attractiveness were DEFINED as willowy, long-legged, tiny tits, big wide eyes, deeply tan, and long, STRAIGHT as a pin blonde hair.

I felt ugly for a while. Then I noticed that some boys STILL seemed to be going gaga around me, and moreover I began to see that I myself liked the fair, dark-haired Isabelle Adjani types. So I let it go. I could NEVER make myself into that 70's ideal--it would literally be impossible as well as pathetic. So--I decided, screw it, I'll decide I AM pretty...to those with *good* taste. The rest of 'em, yeah, who cares.

Here's to you learning to appreciate yourself. The rest will follow!

^^ WORDS!

That is the key. Love yourself!

Default The High Price of Beauty

People have different ideas of what is beautiful, cute, pretty, and hot. You can't be everything to everyone; it's simply not possible. A friend (a guy friend) told me he really couldn't rate me now on a scale of one to ten because he knew me so well. The implied sentence being that he likes my personality thus changing the way he views me psychically. I told him it's like looking at an image behind a frosted window, and first all you see is the window and just a shadow of the image, but as you continue to look you start to see the image more clearly and soon, even though the frosted glass is there you're able to see past it. Of course the frosted glass represents psychical beauty and the image personality.

Harsh words can make a woman, and a man even for that matter, ugly. They do no one any favors no matter who stunning or how ugly they are.

Gold Member

I think beauty comes from knowing that someday everything fades and to enjoy everything you have while you have it!

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
    See I'm not sure I agree with you on a few things.

That Stacey Keibler chick is definitely considered hot but definitely not considered strikingly beautiful. The two are just plain different. Men are more often going to blur the two together but any woman would know the difference.

I don't think its just the long silky hair chicks that get all the attention either. Keira Knightley, with her cropped cut, small breasts, pale skin, and unique features is worshipped by many men!!!

I think the "everyone only likes tan, blonde, blue-eyed..." complaints are a little played out to be honest, think of the hottest women in pop culture right now--Giselle, Adriana, Angelina, Jessica Alba.

Adding to that, I'm not quite sure how you could say that 'exotic' is considered anything less than breathtakingly beautiful. I've never heard it in any negative connotation, to be honest.

I'm 21 and if you're around my age at all I hope you're not just basing all this on the guys in our age demographic, lol. They're mostly creeps when it comes to girls. I was rudely told yesterday by a couple 20 something douchebags that I needed to go to outside more often as I looked sick and then today was told by a grown man that I was beautiful like a perfect little snow angel doll lol Disclude the horndogs and think of all the different types of people who have told you that you are beautiful. They are the only ones that matter.
    Disagree. They are celebrities, so they're easily exceptions to the rule. In real life, there it seems that guys have a "weakness for blondes".

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information