Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What skincare product did you just buy? Spill!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    About Carmex: I know a lot of musicians will not touch the stuff. There's supposedly an agent they add that actually dries your lips more so that you will use it more often. From a brass musician's standpoint (since my lips are essentially my instrument and need to be kept in excellent condition), the best chapsticks I've ever used are the Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, and the regular old Softlips. Bath and Body Works makes a decent one too.
    I was just curious, which brass instrument do you play? I was a band geek so I got to play trombone and flute when I was younger. Do you think it's made your lips thicker? My friends who were playing flute all had thicker lower lips. But when our music teacher was selecting students to play brass instruments, she picked kids with thinner lips for trumpets, thicker lips for trombones etc.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I play French horn, learned Mellophone for marching band, and a little bit of trumpet by extension as well (mellophone is a marching french horn for those that don't know, french horn mouthpiece, but trumpet fingerings, it looks like a big trumpet and they are the worst instrument ever created ). In theory, I guess it would make your lips bigger, since you're constantly exercising those muscles. But when your band director picked those kids for certain instruments its because of mouthpiece size. I've tried to play trombone and my lips are just too thin to fill the mouthpiece, and my disproportionate lips are ALMOST too big for trumpet. Yeah, I don't have normal French hornist lips. My top lip is a lot smaller than my bottom lip so I have gotten raked over the coals by instructors because I don't use the "right" embouchure, but when they try to correct it I can't get a sound out of the instrument, so I think mine works just fine. I have to use a different mouthpiece than most french hornists though to accomodate it.

I'll always be a band geek. That's how I met my boyfriend, I sat next to him in band way before we started dating. He's a trombonist too, and now we play in a community band together.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I wanted to stick with flute but I had to give it up cuz I was assigned to play the trombone insteaed (I think cuz both of my top and bottom lips are thick). But I wonder now if they've gotten even thicker from playing it.

I was in a marching band, too.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Liz Earle range (UK). Cleanse and Polish used with a muslin cloth is the best thing I've ever used. Like the Eve Lom range except a bit cheaper and more natural ingredients.

ReinaBikipatra

Last thing I bought was Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser with Orange Extract. I had used it before and forgot to pack my regular cleanser. I normally use Bliss Clog-Disolving Cleansing Milk.

Ooooh, does anyone use anything from Lush, luvvv their soaps and skin care? it looks so yummy!
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

My 10 year old has a blackhead, yes, a blackhead, on his nose. Right on the tip of it! It's all I can do to keep my hands off of it. We've been using Stridex for Blackheads, but it isn't doing any good. Any ideas? I'm really afraid to give him something harsh because his skin is still so soft, but it breaks my heart to see a blemish this young. Please, help me before I do something rash and ruin his beautiful perfect nose!
    Buying is a profound pleasure. Simone De Beauvoir

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyesCryin View Post
    My 10 year old has a blackhead, yes, a blackhead, on his nose. Right on the tip of it! It's all I can do to keep my hands off of it. We've been using Stridex for Blackheads, but it isn't doing any good. Any ideas? I'm really afraid to give him something harsh because his skin is still so soft, but it breaks my heart to see a blemish this young. Please, help me before I do something rash and ruin his beautiful perfect nose!
    Pro-Active worked for Me!:p

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyesCryin View Post
    He's young...just leave it alone. If it gets worse and he starts getting more...bring him to a dermatologist. He may just have started acne early (Some can get it that young)

ReinaBikipatra

If he were a girl I would recommend a facial with extractions. However, it could damage his little male psyche-so no.

Quote Originally Posted by ReinaBikipatra View Post
    If he were a girl I would recommend a facial with extractions. However, it could damage his little male psyche-so no.
    If anybody in this house is getting something that costs real money, it's going to be me .

I think I'm going to try Biore (sp) next. I'm afraid to put anything harsh on his skin, sweet baby that he is. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Buying is a profound pleasure. Simone De Beauvoir

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I'm addicted to using Estee Lauders Night Renewal lotion. Gives me the smooth skin of a baby's ass.

Some good ol' Nivea worked for me especially after you wipe it off, my faces feels great!

Bronze Member

murad love it. for zits and anti aging...

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    I was just curious, which brass instrument do you play? I was a band geek so I got to play trombone and flute when I was younger. Do you think it's made your lips thicker? My friends who were playing flute all had thicker lower lips. But when our music teacher was selecting students to play brass instruments, she picked kids with thinner lips for trumpets, thicker lips for trombones etc.
    Oh, wow! I play trombone, too. I've been trying to teach myself the French horn, but I think my lips are too fat. It's not going too well...
    Last edited by birdmadgirl; October 29th, 2005 at 11:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information