Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What perfumes do you use?

A*O

I can't be arsed to check back through the thread but has anyone tried Marc Jacobs "Daisy"? I've heard good reports.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    The only scent that really intrigued me while shopping was something a couple years ago. It was in a apple-ish shaped bottle and smelled fruity. It was in a frou-frou department store. I would love to find it again, but I can't remember the name of it. I want to say it was Donna Karan, but I am probably wrong. It was the same day I was introduce to "Youth Dew", which put me off store perfume for some time. Blech.
    I'm fairly certain you're talking about Be Delicious - and you're right, it's by Donna Karan/DKNY.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I can't be arsed to check back through the thread but has anyone tried Marc Jacobs "Daisy"? I've heard good reports.
    I wear it, it smells fruity but not synthetic fruity and it's a strong enough scent
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

I like it, but it dries down to this baby powder smell that I don't like. And sometimes it just smells way too strong.

I wear Bond No. 9 Scent of Peace. Its amazing, light and unique.
    It says the notes are: Grapefruit, black currant, lily of the valley, musk
    Bond No. 9 New York — Eau De Parfum — The Scent of Peace

i'm still wearing stella in two by stella mccartney. alternating with prada infusion d'homme. yes, it's a man's perfume but it doesn't smell musky, just clean and delicious. it's got the exact same ingredients as prada's infusion d'iris, which is the woman's version of the same perfume. but that one is (to me anyway) sweet and gives me a headache. why do so many women's perfumes smell so sweet? i never go the appeal of smelling like a cake shop.

Prada Infusion d'Homme ~ fragrance review :: Now Smell This

Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    I like some Sandalwood essential oil after washing with Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap.

The only scent that really intrigued me while shopping was something a couple years ago. It was in a apple-ish shaped bottle and smelled fruity. It was in a frou-frou department store. I would love to find it again, but I can't remember the name of it. I want to say it was Donna Karan, but I am probably wrong. It was the same day I was introduce to "Youth Dew", which put me off store perfume for some time. Blech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I'm fairly certain you're talking about Be Delicious - and you're right, it's by Donna Karan/DKNY.
    there's also a red version

i got a little mini one as a present a few years ago and while it's not really my style, for a 'sweet' perfume it wasn't bad at all.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post

I use that when I'm at University (I have Armani Code for home). I have the men and women's version. I fell in love with the men's because on a girly holiday my friend sprayed me with some in a perfume outlet and that night was an awesome one, and I kept smelling it. So it has good memories, plus I seem to get more people asking what I'm wearing when I wear it (men and women included!). It's a great androgynous smell, definitely doesn't smell stereotypically manly and I think I prefer it to the woman's. I haven't tried the red version, but I might.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Bronze Member GossipJunkieBBFan's Avatar

Britney Spears; Midnight Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I fell in love with the men's because on a girly holiday my friend sprayed me with some in a perfume outlet and that night was an awesome one, and I kept smelling it. So it has good memories, plus I seem to get more people asking what I'm wearing when I wear it (men and women included!). It's a great androgynous smell
    Was this the men's green or red delicious?
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

OMG I recently bought the DKNY Be Delicious and Red Delicious too!!! I love them!

Someone stole a bottle of Be Delicious out of my locker at work. bitch...I have more though
    I'd like to get my son some of the mens.

A*O

I tried some today and it doesn't smell like cat pee. I LOVE it! The Eau de Toilette, not the Parfum which is way too strong. I think I finally found an alternative to my beloved Chanel No.19.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

CK Summer. THE BEST.

Thanks, Laurent! That is the one I was thinking of.

What do you guys think of buying perfume on eBay? I was peeking around and saw some great prices with good feedback. Anyone gone that route?
    By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity -- another man's I mean. -Mark Twain

my guy roommate loved when I wore Be Delicious, he always would comment when I was getting ready that it smelled good in the apt, haha.

I bought a set of lotion, shower gel, and perfume of SJP's Covet (all for $10!!! mainly why I bought it haha) and I actually really like it. it wears well on me and lasts a long time. I'll have to look up more on it, it was an impulse buy. I've heard generally good things about her perfumes anyway.
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    Armani Code. Love it, it's so sexy and seductive.
    Bought some of that today, it's lovely stuff.

Thread Information