Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What men find beautiful

What did that article mean when it mentioned more 'average and curvy' women are making their presence in Hollywood? There are only a few token actresses I can think of who are considered curvy, like Scarlett Johansson.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

What did that article mean when it mentioned more 'average and curvy' women are making their presence in Hollywood? There are only a few token actresses I can think of who are considered curvy, like Scarlett Johansson.You know, I think Kim Kardashian has a really nice body, even if she is a dumbass ho. She is very attractive and i'm happy to see bodies like hers and Salma's being publicly praised so that preteens and teens have some other body ideals to choose from. Those women are curvy, imo, and so is Scarlett. However, there are naturally tall and lanky women who look beautiful,too and they shouldn't be made to feel inadequate because they naturally lack curves.
    Just be confident in who you are, and men will always be interested. I've known women who were far from gorgeous, but they never had any trouble attracting men because there really isn't anything sexier than confidence and self esteem.
    That's so true. However, I have to sympathize with women who lack physical beauty in the traditional sense because it is very hard to have confidence when you routinely experience rejection. Truth is, many people want mates who offer some type of trophy status and when you don't meet that criteria you are constantly made to feel less than worthy of love. For ugly/disfigured/obese people the world is cruel and it's especailly so when you are a teen and having your esteem assaulted 24-7. I have also known average to below average women (in looks) who have incredible sex appeal, yet the no personality size 2 conformity queens just cannot fathom why those women get attention and (gasp!)love. Sex appeal and physical perfection are worlds apart but it often takes years of experience in life to figure that out.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss View Post
    I view makeup as an art by itself, not just to make someone look more attractive.
    i agree, i adore make-up and i wear it a lot, and it is kind of an artistic thing to me. it is just extremely girly and fun, i love it.

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

This is so fake. It's nice to think this about guys, but it's not true. Before, I never really wore much makeup and I'll admit it, I'm not gorgeous, but I'm "pretty". I had confidence and everything. But I didn't get all that many guys. This year, I take really good care of my looks but my self esteem is LOWLOWLOW, and guess what? Guys are on me. It's not about confidence, it's about looking good. Personally, I'm a little sick of it. My personality was better before and this year, I'm well...dumber. I act stupider. And guys seem to love it. I'm academically smart, but I say the stupidest things and people call me "ditsy" a lot. Guys still love it, though. Like I said, it's not about confidence, it's more about "Would she look good nekkid?"

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Thanks for that, I agree 100% and call BULLSHIT whenever I read one of these dumbassed articles in the chick rags. It's all about trying to make women feel good, just like the mens' magazines always saying women don't care if your dick is 2 inches long. These men who say they don't like makeup on a woman are liars. What they like is the idea of natural beauty which typically takes hours to achieve in the salon or in front of your own mirror. Yep, all men like the natural no plastic/no makeup look, or at least that's what they tell their gullible wives and girlfriends. They love to think we just magically wake up looking like centerfolds with no assistance from cosmetics, surgery, fake tans, hair color, or push up bras. They'll tell their women they hate all that junk on a woman, that they prefer no makeup and jeans and a t-shirt on a girl. Then watch them break their necks gawking at the trim, fit girl with the fresh blowout, nice rack, and glossy lips. This shit is just put out there to make frumpy chicks feel better about themselves much in the same way we have to endure the lame articles that come around every Mother's Day exhalting the value of stay at home moms(excuse me, domestic engineers) who should be earning $130,000 per year for their services. It also bothers me that when people, especially women, speak of wanting to see more 'average' sized women represented in the media they seem to overlook the fact that nowadays the average American woman is overweight, not merely non-anorexic or healthy. I do believe that men prefer women a bit heavier than women think they do and that men prefer a curvy shape. However, the descriptor curvy is abused as a euphemism for chunky or fat when it means nothing of the sort and it lets too heavy women delude themselves into thinking, "Yeah, men like a woman with curves like mine". Believe me, I want us all to feel good about ourselves regardless of our weight, chest size, bank accounts, or social status, but blatant pandering like this is embarrassing.
    A thousand times yes! Like you said, nothing wrong with self-confidence, but there's no point in pretending men aren't heavily into the looks-hell, a lot of the time, so are women. I find a combination of qualities attractive in a guy, but he does need to meet a certain appearance minimum in order for me to go for his personality- a realistic minimum mind you (never cared for the Pretty Boys anyway), but the minimum is there.

What we do need to keep reminding ourselves is that it's impossible to appeal to everybody out there, and for most people, there's at least someone out there that finds what you have attractive, even if it's not up to Playboy standards-but 'someone' hardly means 'all'.

I'm fairly happy with the way I look, but I'm aware that for plenty of men I'd fall short because I lack the big rack, or blond hair, or whatever it is they go for-I've had a few tell me to my face, and I usually laugh and reassure them they're pretty far from my looks preferences also.

Hey Changing, you're still in school, right? If so, don't worry about it. High school boys are retards and are only thinking with their dicks. It improves a little bit out of high school, but it does evolve past looks/popularity only.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    A thousand times yes! Like you said, nothing wrong with self-confidence, but there's no point in pretending men aren't heavily into the looks-hell, a lot of the time, so are women. I find a combination of qualities attractive in a guy, but he does need to meet a certain appearance minimum in order for me to go for his personality- a realistic minimum mind you (never cared for the Pretty Boys anyway), but the minimum is there.

What we do need to keep reminding ourselves is that it's impossible to appeal to everybody out there, and for most people, there's at least someone out there that finds what you have attractive, even if it's not up to Playboy standards-but 'someone' hardly means 'all'.

I'm fairly happy with the way I look, but I'm aware that for plenty of men I'd fall short because I lack the big rack, or blond hair, or whatever it is they go for-I've had a few tell me to my face, and I usually laugh and reassure them they're pretty far from my looks preferences also.
    Fab! Yes, it is impossible to appeal to everyone out there, but I have to say that the men that find the blond & plastic ta-tas (smirk - never heard them called that before I came here...) do not interest me!
    I find them shallow & vacuuous - probably just as well because I've always been a curvy brunnette!

Having said that I've attracted interesting/rich/good looking (& sometime a combination of more than one or two of these) blokes & everytime I've been told it's my smile! Smile always came first & then my eyes! Nothing to do with my chest ornaments! Amazing eh?

And now for something completely different.

The following is from a book I rescued from inside a wall of an old house that was about to be torn down. (Old guy, lived on his own, went loopy and stuffed all sorts of strange things into the walls - long story shortened) It is called Safe Counsel or Practical Eugenics and was originally published in 1893. From Chapter One: Improving the Race : What men love in women

"Breeding for results" as it says on another page.

Disclaimer: I do not actually endorse the practice of eugenics although I do cheer the Darwin Awards.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    And now for something completely different.

The following is from a book I rescued from inside a wall of an old house that was about to be torn down. (Old guy, lived on his own, went loopy and stuffed all sorts of strange things into the walls - long story shortened) It is called Safe Counsel or Practical Eugenics and was originally published in 1893. From Chapter One: Improving the Race : What men love in women

"Breeding for results" as it says on another page.

Disclaimer: I do not actually endorse the practice of eugenics although I do cheer the Darwin Awards.
    Awe Twitchy I love the bit about "A round plump figure with an overflow of animal life is the woman commonly sought"!!!

Excellent! (ok, so it's a really old book but I'm taking that bit as gospel!)
    Thanks!!!!

(blatently ignoring the bits that I don't like!!! Works for me!)

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    My Grandfather hated that women wear makeup. He said it means they must have a lot of ugliness inside to hide. Especially if they wore a ton of it.
    That reminds me of this elderly woman neighbour i used to have, and she was back on the dating scene and had met this nice old man. She went out the day of their dinner date and bought a new lipstick and some mascara and spent a few hours at the Clinique counter. When she opened the door to him with her face all made up, he said, "Go and take off the face paint".

I also know guys though that are all for makeup, saying 'whatever makes a woman look better'. I doubt theyd marry the kind of woman though who woke up looking like a monster, because she was without makeup. I hada friend who refused to go swimming because her makeup would come off, now thats ridiculous.

As for the men and blonde hair obsession; when i dyed my hair blonde, the guys who i attracted were like 'hey sexy, how ya doing' sleazes that never appealed to me. Some men even spoke to me like i was 'slow', because of the dumb blonde thing. I'm a natural brunette and have stuck with that for years now and I always get the smarter men That seals the deal for me.

Anyway, i'm so tired of this what men like crap, and what women are supposed to look like. Theres so many damn ugly men walking around on this planet who get a free ride. Take it from Marilyn Manson, he was a rather ugly looking guy so he put on some makeup; just like a woman who is homely is expected to do. More guys should follow suit!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    That reminds me of this elderly woman neighbour i used to have, and she was back on the dating scene and had met this nice old man. She went out the day of their dinner date and bought a new lipstick and some mascara and spent a few hours at the Clinique counter. When she opened the door to him with her face all made up, he said, "Go and take off the face paint".
    I don't think that's funny, the man was rude. She went through so much effort to look good for him and he didn't appreciate it at all. That almost makes me angry...

^Oh, but he did say she was absolutely stunning and didn't need it at all which pretty much made her night anyway.

I've never known a guy who likes a lot of makeup. Most love a natural-er look.

and guys like curves over bones, duh.

Weird how everyone's tastes differ though, someone here mentioned Kim Kardashian's figure being perfect -

To me she seems like a blow up doll - massive boobs and way too curvy.
    My ideal is probably this:

Can everyone here post their ideal? Love to see what that is!
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

This is my ideal

but smaller breasts, dita has put weight on since this shot, or its just airbrushed, because her boobs dont look out of proportion now as they do here.

I just love her tiny waist.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information