Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Kind of Razor Do You Use?

Default Re: What Kind of Razor Do You Use?

You sound like my dad, PB. He gets cortisone shots in his back and they basically plug the needle in through his spine. Supposedly it hurts slightly less than if they just lit you on fire, but he lies there like they're giving him a Swedish massage. He says the fleeting pain is better than the alternative.

^^I agree with that philosophy wholeheartedly. I hope I don't have to get another one any time soon, though.

The problem I have with cheap disposables isn't really with not getting a close enough shave, it's just with getting nicked. When I was a teenager I always had at least one nick or cut per shave with the disposables. I always used a fresh blade every time, it's just that they didn't handle bonier areas, like my shins, knees and ankles very well. I switched to the Venus razors 6 or 7 years ago, and have literally not been nicked or cut once. Bloody expensive though.

I've tried waxing, and found the pain tolerable, but it wasn't very effective. I had to go over the same area several times, and never did get all the hair off. My amateur technique was likely flawed, though. If I had money (like, really had money), I'd love to just get a professional wax whenever I needed it, just for the sake of it lasting.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

A*O

Shaving is OK for most general maintenance work, but I have to say if you are brave enough to get a proper hoohah wax then do it for Valentines Day at least [wink wink]. Hint: before you go take a couple of Panaforte++ or whatever. The wax takes 5mins max - the subsequent 'benefits' last MUCH longer believe me
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I used to always get the Venus with the nice mousse. But I can't afford that anymore. They were without the best shave. I now rely on disposables, they don't really do the trick that well, sure they shave but not as close. I'll have to treat myself to a Venus on payday, I miss the feeling of freshly really close shaved legs under your bed sheets.

I use the Lady Protector from Wilkinson and a man's razor, the Mach 3 from Gillette, actually razors meant for the men's faces are much better than the stuff they pretend to be better for us women

Oh yeah, I forgot the other "why I don't use disposables anymore" story. I used them in high school, but I was shaving my legs one day for school (with a brand new razor, as always), but I got a defective one. There was a part of the blade that must have stuck out farter than the rest because it took a gigantic chunk out of the front of my leg. I was bleeding everywhere and had a scar from it for about 2 years. That was the day I went out and bought the Venus, then the Intuition was bought in college after every other girl I knew started using it and saying how amazing it was. I'm willing to pay more for my Intuition if I feel it isn't going to take another chunk out of my leg, I can't say I have the same feeling about disposables.

^^ Eep. That would have severely traumatized me. A*O, I just might take your advice for Valentine's Day. Our anniversary is the next day, too, and I've been wondering what to get him...
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Tati
    A*O, I just might take your advice for Valentine's Day. Our anniversary is the next day, too, and I've been wondering what to get him...
    He will be your SLAVE, guaranteed
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    Oh yeah, I forgot the other "why I don't use disposables anymore" story. I used them in high school, but I was shaving my legs one day for school (with a brand new razor, as always), but I got a defective one. There was a part of the blade that must have stuck out farter than the rest because it took a gigantic chunk out of the front of my leg. I was bleeding everywhere and had a scar from it for about 2 years. That was the day I went out and bought the Venus, then the Intuition was bought in college after every other girl I knew started using it and saying how amazing it was. I'm willing to pay more for my Intuition if I feel it isn't going to take another chunk out of my leg, I can't say I have the same feeling about disposables.
    I cringed when reading that NoDay. I had something like that happen to me when I was 10. I thought Id sneak and shave my legs. Figuring no one would know. I was so wrong. I cut a path from the top of ankle area to my knee. I must have taken a few layers of skin off. I walk out of the bathroom and as soon as the air brushed my nightgown to my leg my nightgown soaked up the blood. It was alot. Ended up going to the ER and it was the same summer I cut my thumb, forefinger and middle finger on metal fan blades.

Elite Member

^^Yowza

I use whatever disposables are cheapest in a big fat pack and then just run em over the usual places in the shower. Haven't used shave cream/ soap/ anything really besides water and the blade for as long as I've shaved, really.

I think it's just because my shower is so small; it doesn't have a bath attachment and is a box less than 3 ft in width. Anything I'd use to lube up my legs would rinse off before I got to it.

And 've got well-water so I imagine my shave wouldn't be all that fantastic even with a dazzling 8-blade or whatever the hell it is they've come up with now.

^^Phew, shaving without any shave creme/gel/soap is hardcore, fatguy!

I'd have serious razor-rash if I shaved without anything.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    I use the Lady Protector from Wilkinson and a man's razor, the Mach 3 from Gillette, actually razors meant for the men's faces are much better than the stuff they pretend to be better for us women

Mens razor's do work best, I have been using the Mach 3 for years never had a problem and enver had razor burn which I used to have a bad problem with before using MAch 3. I also use the intution because it is quick.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    i got a mach 3 or whatever as a free trial in the mail. it's nice...i guess, but i dont really shave.
    I use hubby's. I always make sure we have plenty of blades on hand. He claims that my leg hair dulls them and I say it is his facial hair...I can't use the disposable razors. They make my legs itch for some reason...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information