Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Well done makeup tutorials and reviews

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    i love lisa eldridge, too. also: pixiwoo, pixi2woo, makeupbyeman, makeupgeektv (all on youtube).

oh god. apart from the fact that she is not good at make-up, she rips off other people, is a fraud, and she's a crazy nutjob in general. you can read all about it on gurugossip (.omgforum.net) if you have lots of time and are interested enough.

Didn't notice this until now..... Interesting. I like her videos and they work for me. I've been complimented every time I've used one of her 'looks'. If I knew who she was supposedly ripping off with those, I'd check out their vids. ha

Ohhhhhh.... NOW I get what you mean by rips off. Thought you just meant copied some looks. Brutal.

^^ oh she actually does both, copying other people and ripping others off as in selling tickets to her "glaminars" for 600 dollars and then only giving one of her "inspirational" speeches and not really teaching any techniques. if kandee was a celebrity, her thread here on GR would be about 500 pages long, i'm sure. but i don't want to hijack this thread.

i love the liz taylor one by pixiwoo, it looks so great.

[YOUTUBE]Elizabeth Taylor Make-up tutorial - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]
    Elizabeth Taylor Make-up tutorial - YouTube
    PinkCadillac likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I'm really happy you showed me this stuff about Kandee. I never read her blog and only watched her makeup tutorials (ignoring the "personal" videos), so the "red flags" that others mention never came up for me.
    I unsubscribed from her youtube channel. Don't want to support someone that screws others over and is a complete fake.

And thanks to everyone that mentioned Pixiwoo. I just checked that channel out and tried the Cat Deeley smokey eyes (literally JUST finished doing my makeup). I'm so happy with it. Lucked out that I had the exact shadows she used.
    My s/o normally likes more natural makeup and dislikes darker shadows, but I just did the "big reveal" of this look to him and he said "very sexy". I wish I had somewhere to go tonight, just to show it off! haha

Now I'll have to check out that Liz Taylor video you just posted!

You have to check out his channel. I am totally in love with him!
    He gives great tips for makeup, esp highlighting and contouring, skincare and product reviews.
    [YOUTUBE]debRvVyGloI[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]b-b6Ss3DV7U[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]2JPo0kdB30c[/YOUTUBE]

I love the Elizabeth Taylor tutorial, the eye makeup is stunning.

That's too bad about Kandee. I thought she came across as a nice person.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubah View Post
    You have to check out his channel. I am totally in love with him!
    He gives great tips for makeup, esp highlighting and contouring, skincare and product reviews.
    [YOUTUBE]debRvVyGloI[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]b-b6Ss3DV7U[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]2JPo0kdB30c[/YOUTUBE]
    Can you give me a YouTube channel please? I have an iPad and no flash, so your embeds aren't working for me.

I just received a Bobbi Brown illustrated makeup book today. I only got to flip through it today, but I definitely already learned some things and have a few pages marked where I want to try her application techniques. I was going to buy a Kevyn Aucoin one but I couldn't find one that wasn't too out there for makeup (more photo shoot type pics, not every day or evening makeup).

Amazon.com: Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: For Everyone from Beginner to Pro (9780446581356): Bobbi Brown: Books

will this work ?
    gossmakeupartist - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    Yes, thank you so very much!

Whoever linked to Pixiwoo (nov?) thank you! I'm addicted to the channel now. Love listening to those awesome ladies and some of the makeup looks are to die for!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I like Saammage, she does eye shadow tutorials I would actually wear out, here is one of my favourite looks from her:

Tutorial: Affordable Smokey Brown Eyes - "Bad to the Bronze" - YouTube

And iwanted2c1video

Adele Drugstore Makeup - YouTube

Yeah, I know this is an old thread. I just discovered her and had to share. I think she is very talented.

And if I'm at it, I'll share another beauty guru I lilke.
    holly and sprynkles like this.

Because I can only link one video in a post. Here's the 2nd one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubah View Post
    Yeah, I know this is an old thread. I just discovered her and had to share. I think she is very talented.

And if I'm at it, I'll share another beauty guru I lilke.
    I follow her too! I love her videos. Her personality is adorable too! I even got one of my makeup loving coworkers hooked on her!

^^^ She has been vilified in the beauty YouTube world. And that thumbnail has *extremely* patchy lipstick. It's a beautiful color though.

I gave up on Wayne Goss. The only one that I really watch with regularity is Tati (GlamLifeGuru). She really considers YouTube her full time job and uploads five videos a week. And they're really informative. Very high end to very low end makeup reviews/tutorials. I also like Alexandrea Garza (and her vlog channel with her husband, AlexAndMichael), but she's more a lifestyle vlogger who does occasional beauty videos.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BeautyGuruChat/ (Jaclyn is a topic often, but she's fallen off the first page. If you search, you'll see threads about all the shady things she's done/said. She doesn't upload very much so they only discuss her during spurts of new videos.)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MakeupAddiction/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/
    http://gurugossiper.com/ (This place is so nuts, I don't even visit. But you'll find dirt on virtually every beauty guru here. I don't know why YouTube attracts such sketchy people.)
    Sassiness likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information